223523 Bullies, 4430 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast
  1. --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Badass of the Month - April 2009 - Dana White

The Internet is all abuzz over Dana White dropping some F-bombs on a helpless little Sherdog contributor. We here at Bullshido have our own spin on the subject, which I recently posted in a thread in our MMA Forum.

The gist of it is that Dana White's rant is OK by some of us. In the interests of appeasing our advertisers, however, we're going to fill up another paragraph or two talking about it so that our own F-bomb laden commentary isn't showing up on the front page of our website.

Regardless, I'd like to personally congratulate Dana White for having the testicular fortitude to express himself directly and without reservation.

Here's the post:

You know what, BRAVO Dana. I'm so fucking sick of people using the mealy-mouthed "you're mean" attack on people who speak their mind and call out bullshit bluntly and directly. It's something my 9 year old does when you tell her something she doesn't want to hear; it's shameful for adults to try and use the tactic.

MMA is a sport for grown-ups, involving grown-ups, and is targeted at a grown-up audience. If "**** you" offends you, then

1. Watch another sport. Might I suggest the Ultimate Hugging Championship?
    2. **** you.

Sherdog's built their audience on half-witted individuals providing "analysis" (emphasis on the anal) of a sport in which few of them actually participate. If Dana White wants to call bullshit where he sees it, he's under no obligation to pull punches or play nice.

If more people would call it like they see it, the world would be a much better place. Sure, some simpering, milquetoast, mouthbreathers would have their poor widdle feewings hurt. How much more efficient would things be run if we implemented a **** You policy? Here's an example:
    From the office of the President of the United States

Dear AIG CEO:

**** you. Get your goddamn **** together or I'm going to play basketball with your fucking nutsack. You've got two weeks to unfuck this situation or there will be hell to pay.

**** you again,

Barack Obama
    See how efficient that would be? No wasted words, no inferred meanings, no dicking around. So what if feelings get hurt, your feelings shouldn't matter past age 12 anyway. Besides, a few hurt feelings would be a fair trade for a society in which fewer people hid behind false niceties to snipe from the safety of what's "polite" with their crappy input. Stupidity, in any form, deserves no respite, no shelter, and no sanctuary. That's the core of how we do things around here, and everyone on this website either agrees with it, or spends a lot of unproductive time pulling their panties out of their crack.

Good for him.

Dana White is our Badass of the Month.

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    4/07/2009 1:39pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Any chance of a link to the original story?
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Posted On:
    4/07/2009 1:47pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was pulled down from his blog. Anyone who gets the text of it feel free to email it to me and I'll add it to the article.

Posted On:
    4/07/2009 1:50pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I fucking love that mother fucker Dana fucking White.

But in honesty. He calls it like he sees it and says what he means. I wish we had a elected official like this.
    Website Administrator Tom Kagan just loves email, instant messages, private messages, text messages, tweets, status updates, and every kind of personal contact. You can reah him at his personal email account at [EDITED BY TOM KAGAN] or even on his cell phone number at [EDITED BY TOM KAGAN].

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    4/07/2009 1:54pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    no **** think how much better our armed forces would look with Joe Silva picking who we went to war with
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

I Ducked Out on a Gong Sau

Posted On:
    4/07/2009 1:56pm

Style: Gentleman Adventurer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    gross.

Posted On:
    4/07/2009 2:02pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache View Post
    no **** think how much better our armed forces would look with Joe Silva picking who we went to war with
    Although it'd be a lot more entertaining if the guys at Dream Stage Entertainment (Pride) did it.

The United States has declared war on Bhutan!

*90 minutes later*

The United States is celebrating victory in the war on Bhutan!

Silent Guardian

Posted On:
    4/07/2009 2:24pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Gladiators Academy Lafayette, LA Style: Judo, MMA, White Trash JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whether you like him or not Dana shoots from the hip and doesn't give a ****. After meeting the guy and listening to him talk he is passionate about the UFC without a doubt. Was it offensive? You are god dam right it was and that was the intent. Tell you the truth if I had that much money a lot more people would know exactly how I felt about them too. Right now some people only have a vague idea and only a few know the exactly.

DSE war match ups I almost pissed myself laughing good one.
    Judo is only gentle for the guy on top.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2009 2:52pm

Style: TKD, judo, MT noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now I just want to be clear, I like the way dana expresses himself. He and I share the same compulsive need to let everyone know how we feel about them. That's why he said what he said and that's why I called a bitch a stupid whore on her birthday.

What I don't approve of is that throughout his expletive laden assault of awesome, he never pointed out what exactly was wrong with the article, or bothered to refute her points. Not allowing a manager backstage is kind of a big deal, especially when you are only targeting a select few with the biggest influence. Dana is essentially a mafia don in the mma world that answers only to the ferrtita brothers. This may sound cool, and probably is worthy of his own badass of the month column, but I worry in the end he will just keep making decisions like this that are bad for the fighter until no one will want to fight in the UFC anymore.

Posted On:
    4/07/2009 3:14pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you saying Obama would play basketball just because he's black?
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast