Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/13/2007 2:10pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Chinese Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Best .40 Cal ?

Per request I have started a new thread for this, as I am seriously seeking informed opinions.

Hello,

What would you "Gun toting psychos" recommend in the range of a concealable .40 Cal pistol, for a guy with larger hands, but that doesn't like a huge grip? I am currently preferring Glock, but the grips are a bit square for my taste.

Thanks.

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 1:06am

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Get the Glock. I carry a model 23 and I love it.

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 1:11am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome back SFGoon, we missed you.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 12:08pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shaolin Long Fist

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another vote for a Glock. I have a TX Concealed Handgun License and I carry a Glock 22 concealed with Inside Waist Band holster from Comp-Tac. Very comfortable, very light even with a full magazine of 15rds and 1 in the pipe. Very accurate and my hand fits the grip nicely. I own a 3rd gen so it has finger grooves on the grip. Some people with small hands are not confortable with the grip since it is a double stack, the grip can be thick. If that is the case for you you may want to look at single stack hand guns. Less rounds, but may be more comfortable to shoot.

I would suggest trying out different handguns at a local shooting range. Most will rent handguns for you to try out. Para Ordinance also make 1911 style .40 cal. Another favorite of mine is the H&K USP40.

Personally I think you made a great choice by going with a .40 Good penetration, recoil is just a bit more than a 9MM. But you have the punch near to a 45 ACP. I mean if its good enough for US FBI, good enough for me.

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 12:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning
    Welcome back SFGoon, we missed you.
    Thanks! Yeah, I got a job which severely curbed my goofing off, but they fired me! So I'm back!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 1:32pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Combat Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yep...Glock...

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 5:49pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by xcakid
    Another vote for a Glock. I have a TX Concealed Handgun License and I carry a Glock 22 concealed with Inside Waist Band holster from Comp-Tac. Very comfortable, very light even with a full magazine of 15rds and 1 in the pipe. Very accurate and my hand fits the grip nicely. I own a 3rd gen so it has finger grooves on the grip. Some people with small hands are not confortable with the grip since it is a double stack, the grip can be thick. If that is the case for you you may want to look at single stack hand guns. Less rounds, but may be more comfortable to shoot.

I would suggest trying out different handguns at a local shooting range. Most will rent handguns for you to try out. Para Ordinance also make 1911 style .40 cal. Another favorite of mine is the H&K USP40.

Personally I think you made a great choice by going with a .40 Good penetration, recoil is just a bit more than a 9MM. But you have the punch near to a 45 ACP. I mean if its good enough for US FBI, good enough for me.
    Well, the local PD carries .40 SiigPro and the Sheriff's carry .45 Glock. I find teh Siig to be a bit awkward in the grip..a little too big and uncomfy.

Question is, which Glock model is the best for concealment and accuracy both? I know they are all expensive, but it is an investment. WHat do you guys think about the night sights (glow in the dark ones)?

Thanks.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 6:39pm

Style: MCMAP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    .40 is the only caliber i'll never get in a Glock. The lack of full case chamber support bugs me when it comes to a round as high pressured as the .40. As fars CONCEALABLE .40's go, veer from the USP fullsize, its a service arm for sure and would be difficult to conceal on person unless you wear a jacket or loose shirt commonly. The compact is a better choice but then again the P2000SK is superior to even that in terms of concealability.

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 8:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To expand a touch, I like t3h gl1ck for two major reasons. One, there's almost NOTHING protruding from it to snag on belt loops or other articles of clothing, making a smooth and efficient draw more likely. Second, it has three safetys which are turned off as soon as you begin to pull the trigger. This means you can have your cake and eat it too in terms of carrying a chambered weapon on safe without worrying about turning the safety off as you draw down. In short, it's easy to use. On top of it all, it's a light, well balanced, reliable, and dare I say sexy weapon. Don't **** it up by installing a bunch of dipshit aftermarket lasers and flashlights, bayonets, etc. MAYBE some trijicon night sights, but no more.

Practice practice practice.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 10:44pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Roaming East
    .40 is the only caliber i'll never get in a Glock. The lack of full case chamber support bugs me when it comes to a round as high pressured as the .40. As fars CONCEALABLE .40's go, veer from the USP fullsize, its a service arm for sure and would be difficult to conceal on person unless you wear a jacket or loose shirt commonly. The compact is a better choice but then again the P2000SK is superior to even that in terms of concealability.
    So would you go with a .45 Glock then? Who makes the P2000SK?

My knowledge of high caliber pistols is a little lacking.

Thanks.
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast