Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/24/2007 12:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless
    Okay now that you've heard enough from the peanut gallery let me try to help you in a drill I give my guys takes about 4 rounds to do (to be demonstrated in next quarters video of sparring advice:
    Round 1 (1.5 minute round): Put your hands behind your back stay in the pocket and have your partner throw punches at your face at about 60 to 70% speed. Move your head but make sure you're not leaning to avoid punches, everytime you zig when you should've zagged make sure to take it on your crown (from the side) and roll with it or head butt it if it comes straight in. Don't take your eyes off your partner or you repeat the round.

Round 2 Same as above but you may throw counter punches (STAY IN THE POCKET)

Round 3 Same as 2 but you may throw counter kicks (STAY IN THE POCKET)

Round 4 Same as 3 but now your partner may shoot (if you're practicing mma) or kick (STAY IN THE POCKET) remember your partner mimics the attacks don't have them do it full force especially the shoot.

It takes about a month if this if not shorter to get used to being punched and reacting correctly.
    We did similar stuff in Kyokushin in Hawaii, though they did it mostly to the body, with the student stuck in a corner so he couldn't retreat. Put me way ahead of a lot of sparring partners.

I asked a similar question once upon a time; Hard hits, how do you keep going?
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27849
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:
    10/24/2007 10:01pm

Style: Muay Thai, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless
    Okay, you go sit in the corner and don't post on this thread anymore.
    I think its your ego that needs to go sit in a corner. What makes you think you're the be all and end all of all knowledge?

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/24/2007 10:25pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PPlate
    I think its your ego that needs to go sit in a corner. What makes you think you're the be all and end all of all knowledge?
    I'm not getting into with this PPLate, your comment is stupid. 9 to 12 months? You did a scientific study on this? Most of us on this forum are tired of this section be second rate and that comment is idiotic. YOu can't handle the truth then it sucks to be you.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456