Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/02/2007 3:42am

Style: crapp-lawl-ing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    pretentious, i believe.

****, i wish i had absinthe. it's just SO FREAKING EXPENSIVE in the US to get imported.
    so, do you drink it in shots or make that sugar water/absinthe mix (leush/loosh, w/e)?

on the subject, yes, getting hit in the face is bad.
    it's just when the person who made this thread is absent, we have a creative license to talk about drinking... i did ask a question that delays the posts made here w/o the reply of the person questioned.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    6/02/2007 3:52am

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ysc87
    pretentious, i believe.

****, i wish i had absinthe. it's just SO FREAKING EXPENSIVE in the US to get imported.
    so, do you drink it in shots or make that sugar water/absinthe mix (leush/loosh, w/e)?

on the subject, yes, getting hit in the face is bad.
    it's just when the person who made this thread is absent, we have a creative license to talk about drinking... i did ask a question that delays the posts made here w/o the reply of the person questioned.
    Conversation attempted to be continued here http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54443
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

"I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)

Posted On:
    6/02/2007 3:57am

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't feel like a ***** if you ask your training partners to go light on your head, either. It can be very negative for your training if you are learning to fear your opponents (and it can even cause you to lose the desire to train). Be sure to communicate what you are comfortable with.

In my training, we start with getting hit in the chest. I've been surprised at how I've been able to move from hard shots there to some light shots to the face without losing my posture, will, aggression, or balance. However, if we started including regular shots to the face, or anything harder than an occasional light smack, you can be sure I'd close up, hunch down, cover needlessly, and resort to never learning how to un-pussify myself.

The first rule of P.A. (pussies anonymous) is admitting that you're a *****. :icon_blac

Dagon

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/14/2007 6:33am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The right thing while sparring especially at the beginning is to keep your front arm almost fully extended. Also you should always keep your rear leg on foot's forepart.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/14/2007 6:52am

Style: BJJ/MMA - running away

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought I'd throw it in there that my doctor told me that I'm going to get teh braindamage from doing boxing. It's not as much the big heavy blows that rock you (though they'll do it too), it's the small ones that add up after a while. You'll appearantly start to gradually lose social skills and such, and get depressed, etc.

...Good thing I don't do boxing, I just get hit in the head during MMA practices. (I'm very bad at it) :icon_chee

Hoo Ha!

Posted On:
    10/14/2007 7:13am

supporting member
     Style: San Da, Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I never minded getting tagged, but it could be your training partner being a dick and taking out his frustrations on a beginner. The best way to test this, is to punch him in the face. If he gets pissed and starts wailing on you then you its him being a dick. But if he takes it and even gives you a little smile then his alright in my book.

Being relaxed helps absorb the hits as well, roll with the punches dont try resist them with your head.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/14/2007 7:18am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldchampion!
    I thought I'd throw it in there that my doctor told me that I'm going to get teh braindamage from doing boxing. It's not as much the big heavy blows that rock you (though they'll do it too), it's the small ones that add up after a while. You'll appearantly start to gradually lose social skills and such, and get depressed, etc.

...Good thing I don't do boxing, I just get hit in the head during MMA practices. (I'm very bad at it) :icon_chee
    By holding your leading arm extended you are protecting yourself from majority of punches.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/14/2007 8:27am

Style: BJJ/MMA - running away

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Very true, That's pretty much what I'm being taught, with some crazy monkey boxing thrown in there, but I find that holding my arm out front works better for me. I'm 183 cm and have ok reach, so it would make sense for me to maintain distance.

I roughly know what I should be doing, I just get tired and drop my hands. Well, I just need to put in the training.

My previous post was a tongue in cheek post, that I was deluding myself that I wasn't getting the headblows. Not an comment on boxers :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/14/2007 8:48am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What do you guys think about eye contact? Usually I don't look into my opponent's eyes, but when I do, I get this feeling that he knows what I'm going to do next. There is this term - microexpression. Maybe that's the case.

Hoo Ha!

Posted On:
    10/14/2007 9:52am

supporting member
     Style: San Da, Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I use the term telegraphing. You may be looking at where you are trying to hit, which is a big give away. Or dropping your shoulder, or just setting up the shot to obviously. An experienced fighter can also make some good guesses at what to expect. Keep the hands up and keep them moving.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast