Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/02/2007 1:27am

Style: I request to be banned

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

How long did it take you to get used to getting hit in the head?

^^Topic.
    I find myself getting that "rocked" feeling when I spar, and am not yet at the point where I feel good about getting hit in the face. Does this get better with time, or am I just not cut out for Muay Thai? I don't think I would ever want to be a fighter, but I like the training and want to continue, I just wonder if I will ever be really comfortable in sparring since I don't have a head like Mark Hunt. Thoughts?

nuthin' ta f*ck with

Posted On:
    6/02/2007 1:36am

supporting member
     Style: MT/SUB GRAPPLING

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1. Avoid getting hit in the face.

2. Avoid the notion that you should "feel good" about getting hit in the face.

3. Carry on.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    6/02/2007 1:39am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well theres nothing nice about getting punched in the face so thats a pretty normal reaction

Posted On:
    6/02/2007 2:39am

Style: crapp-lawl-ing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...and if you do start feeling good about getting hit in the head, it's probably the outer covering of your brain disintergrating. stop and desist from boxing immediately if said feeling occurs.
    or it's the drugs kicking in, and you should probably stop boxing then, too.

i think what you mean is, "how long did it take for you to be able to recover quickly after getting rocked by being punched in the head."
    or maybe "how many punches to the noggin did it take for you to realize having your guard up was a good thing?"

for the first question, i have a weak chin, so i get rocked pretty easily by hard hits, but i can recover from lighter hits faster than the average joe. when i'm drunk and belligerent, you should probably have a baseball bat on hand. apparantly i don't feel much pain then.

for the second, about 17.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    6/02/2007 2:42am

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    3 years ago ...

* flinch *

huh what ?

now ...

* cover jab cross *

huh !?!?!
    Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 6/02/2007 2:55am at .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Posted On:
    6/02/2007 2:57am

Style: I request to be banned

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hm, I don't think I phrased my question well. The situation is: I am not good at sparring (at least right now, my experience is very limited), I get hit, it doesn't feel good, now I am feeling apprehensive about sparring. It seems like I can defend somewhat, but eventually I get backed into a corner, or I get cut off when circling, and I get hit with a mean hook or something like that. I am not sure if my problem is a lack of experience, something I am doing during the exercise, me personally, or what. Forget I ever said "feel good" about being hit in the face.

Posted On:
    6/02/2007 3:00am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    quick question first-- do you consider youself quick with your hands and feet?

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    6/02/2007 3:04am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your gonna get tagged ... your gonna walk into jabs like a dumbass ... your gonna circle into hooks once in a while ... it is just part of it . If it sucks ... learn from it .

Keep your hands up and record your sparring sessions so you can really see what you are doing right or wrong . Eventual you will get sick of watching yourself looking like a tard and get it right . I am almost there . I figure four more years of sparring and rolling and I won't look like a **** up .

I swear it will help your game .

You might just have to accept that getting socked in the jaw is one of the shitty parts of learning how to fight .

sorry if this doesn't apply I am drunk as hell and it makes sense to me
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Posted On:
    6/02/2007 3:12am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    backfist is sort of right. sadly, but true.
    however, that doesn't mean we can't try to isolate any specific issues you may have. keep spilling the details, sir.

i'm starting to drink myself. just finished a 4 pack of redbull and 1/4 of a fifth of ketel one. what's your poison, fist?
    love the pack of cigs with the pope hat i'm apparently imagining on your monkey, btw.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    6/02/2007 3:31am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ysc87
    backfist is sort of right. sadly, but true.
    however, that doesn't mean we can't try to isolate any specific issues you may have. keep spilling the details, sir.

i'm starting to drink myself. just finished a 4 pack of redbull and 1/4 of a fifth of ketel one. what's your poison, fist?
    love the pack of cigs with the pope hat i'm apparently imagining on your monkey, btw.

It is just a normal everyday squid on my head people ... no pope hat , and I have no idea why you would think I would advotcate smoking by having a cartoon charecter do it .

anyway I only post in fucked up fonts when I am partaking in absinthe ... it was a suggestion made to another by another member ... but I only remember it was either Anna or Kid who it was suggested to .

Honestly it isn't all that much fun when I am feeling talkitive . And the bright green text signifying absinthe , just ends up looking juvinile and pretensiouse ... or how ever it is spelled ..
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast