Ready are you? What know you of ready?

Posted On:
    10/07/2002 2:12am

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT(& Prenatal Yoga)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll read you book too.

Anyone who stays in regular contact with Emin or his organization know there will be WT fighting tournaments in the next year or so. Knock out or submission.

Emin trained Muay Thai for a few years before he started learning WT. He loves boxing, wrestling, muay thai, any combat sport.
    If a `religion' is defined to be a system of ideas that contains unprovable statements, then Godel taught us that mathematics is not only a religion, it is the only religion that can prove itself to be one. -- John Barrow

Talk to TBK's boyfriend:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/07/2002 8:53am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    guess i should read more too but wing chun and wing tsun (kinda like gerneral chows chicken and general tsao's chicken, lol) use the same chinese characters, so who differentiated the styles based on phoenetic romanized spelling, just curious?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/07/2002 10:54am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you want to know how good wing chun can be go train in hong kong with some of the major schools there. most of those little chinese men will wipe the floor with just about anyone, whatever system they train in. The best ive heard of is tsui shun tin, one of the first four closed door students of yip man. and his students jim fung and ah choom are two of the best wing chun practioners in the world.
    As for william chueng if you realy want to find out what he is like you should ask around. He is considered a joke amongst wing chun circles as well as a liar, over half his old students have left him because his wing chun is crap and he talks **** all the time.
    But in regards to wing chun it is the most effective self defence system ever developed. And if you don't agree go spend time at a real school and see for yourself.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/07/2002 12:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The original romanization of the original chinese characters used by Ip Man was Ving Tsun. The Ving Tsun athletic association in Hong Kong still uses VT as do many schools in Hong Kong. Many people have avoided the use of Wing Chun because WC has a very specific meaning various parts of the world..... it's a public toilet. The spelling Wing Tsun was coined by Leung Ting. Pretty much every one of Ip Man's first students has evolved WC/VT/WT into something different than orignally taught. The fact that different spellings for the english transliterations are used is really irrelevant.

"You were bored .... so you thought you'ld try some kung fu"

Edited by - ksmythe on October 07 2002 12:23:01

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/07/2002 12:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually everyone I've heard of going to Hong Kong said the wing chun schools there were pretty much crap. The instructors show up at the beginning of class and then run off somewhere. They aren't interested in teaching but rather in collecting tuition and most of their students can't fight.

Who are these little chinese men you claim would mop the floor up with just about anyone? Ip ching? Ip chung? Don't make me piss my pants laughing.

"You were bored .... so you thought you'ld try some kung fu"

Edited by - ksmythe on October 07 2002 12:34:03

Fig Newtons are fruit and cake, suckah.

Posted On:
    10/07/2002 2:11pm

supporting member
     Style: Buffalo Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ksmythe, you do alot of sh*t talkig, but yet I have heard of you going down to either Ip Ching's or Ip Chun's school to prove what you are saying.

So far you have proven yourself to be a huge ignoramous making fun of what you don't understand, repeating what you heard versus what you know, and using examples of a few to discredit the whole.

Now you can go ahead and post whatever excuses, reasons, or sh*t talking about me you want, but the simple fact that you're a putz can never be avoided.

"But some apes they gotta go, so we kill the ones we don't know" - 'Ape shall never kill Ape' by The Vandals
    Apu: "Oh! You have just been Apu'd!"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/07/2002 2:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    personaly i do not like wing chun

Ready are you? What know you of ready?

Posted On:
    10/07/2002 2:57pm

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT(& Prenatal Yoga)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Then stick with TKD. . .

The beautiful thing (cough. .cough) about Wing/Ving Tsun/Chun is what a great big happy family everyone is. . .
    If a `religion' is defined to be a system of ideas that contains unprovable statements, then Godel taught us that mathematics is not only a religion, it is the only religion that can prove itself to be one. -- John Barrow

Talk to TBK's boyfriend:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/07/2002 2:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmmmm.... interesting accusation on your part Matzacrap or whatever your name is.

I've actually trained in one of Ip Ching's schools . How's that for "talking sh*t." Making fun of what I don't understand? Interesting remark from some who can only call names and probably doesn't know jack about WC.

Edited by - ksmythe on October 07 2002 15:14:09

Posted On:
    10/07/2002 6:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Be Happy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I personally dont think even William Chung's version wing chun is even the same as traditional wing chun. He seems to be moving away with that some what. He created his "Chung's Defensive Tactic" for the modern police force.
    As for the debate between Wc and Wt. Leung Ting also made claims that his system is the best in the world. The fight between Emin and William Chung was according to Chung a retaliation for a something that happen at one of Leung Ting's seminar where someone of William Chung's style made an attack on Leung Ting; striking Leung Ting several times in the face before his body guards moved in. I thought that was interesting.

PEACE!
    Ghost of Charles Dickens
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 45678 9101112 ... LastLast