Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Boneheaded Optimist

Posted On:
    5/06/2005 1:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Wado Kai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    These comments have been said by others. In this thread, or any of the other Mega Threads that deal with WC.

Welcome to bullshido. Next, say something interesting. :sleepy2:

Posted On:
    5/06/2005 1:56pm

Style: -

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First, please let me say following:
    :sad3: :5headache :5squeeze:

And also this:
    :knob: :sleepy2:

And of course this:
    :violent1:

But what can I do? :eusa_pray or :spanky: ?

I have a suggestion: any _ing __un thread that reaches 5 pages should be automatically trollshidowned.

Tomas

Quote Originally Posted by trwc1970
    It is well known that the video of Cheung and Emin was heavily edited to only show the take down . Even so i would say that Cheung did a fine job of blocking punches while down. Before the pieces were cut out Cheung had him in a headlock and shot out a kick but it lacked any real power as Cheung had on slippers and slid on contact. Emin had an axe to grind that day and they were after Cheung in some inner Wing Chun politics scandal.the take down is perfectly valid as a part of any system ,and no it does not make me feel like rethinking my martial arts system after watching the video. I feel that Cheung blocked as best he could, and nobody really got hurt,despite Emins intentions all that being said Emin is a beast and a very able fighter,and while Cheung is the current inherited grand master of the system it may not mean he is still the best in a no holds barred fight.then again he has proved himself many times over in contests against many different styles,and opponents.
    Current stage of death: denial

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/09/2005 1:49am

Style: Arnis, WC, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by trwc1970
    It is well known that the video of Cheung and Emin was heavily edited to only show the take down . Even so i would say that Cheung did a fine job of blocking punches while down. Before the pieces were cut out Cheung had him in a headlock and shot out a kick but it lacked any real power as Cheung had on slippers and slid on contact. Emin had an axe to grind that day and they were after Cheung in some inner Wing Chun politics scandal.the take down is perfectly valid as a part of any system ,and no it does not make me feel like rethinking my martial arts system after watching the video. I feel that Cheung blocked as best he could, and nobody really got hurt,despite Emins intentions all that being said Emin is a beast and a very able fighter,and while Cheung is the current inherited grand master of the system it may not mean he is still the best in a no holds barred fight.then again he has proved himself many times over in contests against many different styles,and opponents.
    ROFL. William Cheung as the "current inherited grand master of the system"... what a load. Perhaps you might say he is the self-appointed leader of the Yip Man Wing Chun style.

Yip Man has been attributed with simplifying Wing Chun, and William Cheung is also attributed with simplifying Wing Chun still further. It is hard to say now whether they teach something that is similar to what might have been taught a few generations ago.

Perhaps you should look around a little and see that Wing Chun as a style is far more diverse than what many sad clubs know -- you wouldn't know this based on the fact that 99.9% of Wing Chun people do crap Wing Chun from this one lineage.

A good start might be to look at www.wingchunkuen.com
    Last edited by I aint punchy!?; 5/09/2005 1:52am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/04/2011 11:09am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: what do you guys think of wing chun

I think it's a great art with alot of history, however it became americanized and commercialized and its no longer what it was.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/04/2011 11:09am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

sort of the case for most tmas

Posted On:
    2/04/2011 11:24am

Style: submission grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Nice necro moron.

Didn't you notice that this thread was over 6 years old. No one gives a **** about what you think of _ing __un.

Read more and post less.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/04/2011 11:28am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Quote Originally Posted by risingphoenix73 View Post
    I think it's a great art with alot of history, however it became americanized and commercialized and its no longer what it was.
    Hahahahahahaha No.. The biggest orgs and famous commercializing teachers are outside of the US.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    2/04/2011 12:47pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey View Post

...Yes. You're right. BJJ consists mainly of grabbing onto your opponent's lapels and doing a baseball slide until you end up underneath side control.
    I appreciate the necro for this quote alone. Describes my entire game really.

Posted On:
    8/19/2011 4:57pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its not what we think of Wing Chun, its what you think of Wing Chun.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/21/2011 1:40am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think it depends on how someone trains. I study WC. I'd like to think that how we train is important. 2 vs 1, 3 vs 1, 4 vs 1, 5 vs 1 scenarios where we have to protect someone next to us while people come at us. We wear protective gear through class, shin guards, mouth guards, box. To apply what we learn as effective as possible without hospitalising someone.