222066 Bullies, 3814 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 111 to 120 of 172
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 289101112 13141516 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. SamuraiAssassin is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    24

    Posted On:
    3/17/2005 2:22am


     Style: Wing Chun/JJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bodar
    OK, first of all, how do I "fail as a martial artist"? You don't even fucking know me. My comments were directed at what you said, not at you as a person. Talk about weak-ass, ad hominem arguments.

    Secondly, let me explain this to you. This is a forum community, and a rather critical one at that. See, the way it works is, we need to present fresh ideas and opinions, not the same thing over and over again. You failed to present evidence as to why WC is a complete system, or even a worthwhile one. The only decent point you happened to make (I'm convinced it was by accident) was that it is good to crosstrain. Perhaps next you'd like to tell us that the Earth is round? If, by answering this 2 1/2 yr old thread (about a topic which has been discussed to death recently as well), you had pulled a shining nugget of insight out of your ass, we would be saying, "hey, I never looked at it that way." and perhaps some would be convinced that WC is totally great. Sadly, you did not, and 90% still thinks WC sucks for the most part. Mind you, I have yet to decide on WC's worth personally, (although the prosecution's case looks pretty airtight), I am merely trying to elicit some decent discussion out of you.

    Thirdly, oh please. Not "teh d34dly" eye-gouge crap again. If you weren't nutriding WC, I'd swear you were Ashida Kim trolling the boards. Actually, I thought you were referring to the eye-gouge's "other retarded cousin", the dim mak. Please tell me you don't go for that too?

    Here is the part you are not getting, I am replying to the orignal thread, critical or not I am answering a posted question. I am not trying to prove to the forum nor you anything about wing chun. I could really careless what you think about the system. You are as guilty as anyone else who continues to spew the same garabage. WC covers many aspects of fighting the only one not grappling, I would say that is 3 out of four is good (kicking, punching, trapping and grappling for someone who lacks any kind of real applicable fighting knowledge).

    You fail as a martial artis because of your vague knowledge and opinionated views about a style that has contributed much to the martial arts community. A great martial artist once said to take in all that is useful and disgard what is useless, it seems that you do not have the ability to see applicability of this art form hence failure as a martial artist dickbag! Why don't you tell Dan Inosanto that WC is garbage. Or do you not think that accomplished martial artists views mean anything? Its like you trained one art once a month or something, have you been taking online classes because you are an idiot.

    I think you are right about one thing...this is a picky forum and there are many people here who make valid view points but you are not one of them. So go ahead score and grade everyone because you lack the ability to impress me with what you know. You attack people for what they say, I have never even directed a comment about you, your discpline, your beliefs....as for the eye gouge try it...before you knock it, you don't think it works do it to someone even for practice...I know you never have because of your movie references and how you judge it....how about this less typing and more training....I will respond back to you when you have something knowledgable and insightful to say!
  2. SamuraiAssassin is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    24

    Posted On:
    3/17/2005 2:54am


     Style: Wing Chun/JJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lightninghands
    These topics are the same arguments that all wing chun schools, families, kwoons what ever, argue about. the problem is that all the chunners are arguing about the petty aspects of the arts politics. all arts have politics, the wing chun people on this forum have spent too much time defending the art, rather than explaining it intelegently.

    here is a question i would like to raise. do the theories of the system have flaws? or is it the interpretations that creates the flaw?

    was the art supposed to have more to offer but doesnt because too many teachers dont have the balls to question its effieciency?? All arts should evolve with the times. no one fights the other shaolin styles in street attacks any more, so is it possible that the old methods of teaching are in effective? no one throws a double punch at you unless they study choy lay fut! no one throws a straight karate punch and holds it out for you.

    as a wing chun instructor, im saying that the petty politics you guys are arguing about are holding your mind back from accepting that your style just might not have all the answers!!!!!!

    In speaking of Wing Chun I am not so sure that the theories have flaws but maybe the interpretation of the applications. Your form is only as good as your instructor's ability to deciphers the forms. I have some really good instructors, they seem to agree mostly on the basics and body mechanics, but it seems WC is interpreted differently when it comes to shape of the body both your own and the attacker. By this I mean what works for some may not work for others. Many people think that in WC, what works is what works but after the basics are learned you almost have to make it your own. I think this is great, it makes you think and problem solve but to do this you must expose yourself to all body types.

    I guess to answer the question...it is the interpretation of the theories by the instructors and the lack of drive by the students to problem solve and make it work. I feel this because when you reference Bruce Lee he did not finish the system, he had to improvise and fill in the blanks, but what he did do is make it his own. He rationalized and was able to understand the applications and the theories melded together. Further more he realized that WC did not have all the answers (no style does) and was exposed to very different fighting styles and body types in the western world, he evolved as a martial artist (in my eyes is the biggest thing).

    It would be great to see everyone in the Wing Chun Community come together and just really figure out what works in all the styles, it is just my thought that lineage wars are slowing down the evolution of the art.
  3. Hedgehogey is offline
    Hedgehogey's Avatar

    Tsun-Derrorist

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,331

    Posted On:
    3/17/2005 3:55am

    supporting member
     Style: ^_^

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiAssassin
    But lets face it if you are a woman on the streets and you are alone and it comes down to rape or survival are you going to put yourself on your back and try to fight them off? Or would you rather redirect and finger to the back of the skull and run.
    I'm sorry guys for the semi-serious reply. I know you've come to expect comedy gold from me, and with Boyd recently blown away by hurricane shitstorm, I may be your only, poor substitute.

    However, this deserves as much seriousness as I can muster. BJJ is one of the best systems for defending rape because you actually fight your way out of inferior ground positions, where most rapes virtually start.

    Or perhaps you might look at the sporting, MMA biased technique known as an "armbar". Y'know, the one where you have a man between your legs and you break his arm at the elbow joint.

    BJJ gives real, functional answers developed through real sparring where you know when you got your ass choked out.

    Now it's your turn, oh Street-Lethal Mcgillicuddy: Exactly what solutions does WC offer to a woman who's been pinned to her bed with a big veiny dick waving in her face (WELCOME TO MY LIFE, GUYS), and a human bag of turds above her, telling her to suck it like it's got pure ambrosia of the gods inside? "Finger to the back of the skull"? That might just cause him to nut.

    We now return to our normally scheduled mockery, already in progress.


    "The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

    RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

    THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

    It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children
  4. SamuraiAssassin is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    24

    Posted On:
    3/17/2005 4:48am


     Style: Wing Chun/JJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Really the point was to not go to the ground...but yes if you go to the ground then BJJ will help very much so. Remember I trained JJ for some time. But first of all lets say you are a woman in a vacant lot or maybe there are more than one attackers...then what? If you are pinned yes do what you got to, but wouldn't you rather to not get pinned! But most women I know would not rather start off the fight with the big veiny dick in there face, you may want to question the woman you hang around with...they maybe be studying cockshido ( the art of fendind off dick already inserted in the mouth).
  5. charmin is offline
    charmin's Avatar

    Government overthrows you!

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    507

    Posted On:
    3/17/2005 6:33am

    supporting member
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seriously. Seeeeeeriously. This has all been said. Read through the rest of the thread, and then search for the other 50 wing chun threads. This has been discussed from every angle regarding every scenario. The entire history, technique list and application of wing chun is spread thickly across Bullshido.com - we don't need another layer of it.
  6. bodar is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    638

    Posted On:
    3/17/2005 11:57am


     Style: none currently, ex-TSK

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiAssassin
    Here is the part you are not getting, I am replying to the orignal thread, critical or not I am answering a posted question. I am not trying to prove to the forum nor you anything about wing chun. I could really careless what you think about the system. You are as guilty as anyone else who continues to spew the same garabage. WC covers many aspects of fighting the only one not grappling, I would say that is 3 out of four is good (kicking, punching, trapping and grappling for someone who lacks any kind of real applicable fighting knowledge).

    I think you are right about one thing...this is a picky forum and there are many people here who make valid view points but you are not one of them. So go ahead score and grade everyone because you lack the ability to impress me with what you know. You attack people for what they say, I have never even directed a comment about you, your discpline, your beliefs....as for the eye gouge try it...before you knock it, you don't think it works do it to someone even for practice...I know you never have because of your movie references and how you judge it....how about this less typing and more training....I will respond back to you when you have something knowledgable and insightful to say!
    Look genius, I am not, nor have I ever, attacked WC. As I specifically mentioned, I have not decided whether I believe WC is valid or not. You have not put forth one valid point that has NOT already been made in the last 2 1/2 YEARS, as everyone else in this thread keeps telling you... it's been said before. I am attacking your ability to argue. Again, you choose to come back with only speculation and ad hominem attacks, so obviously your logic is flawed. I will put this to you in simpler terms:

    - I attack what you SAY. That is an argument.
    - You attack ME as a person. That is a logical fallacy, called "ad hominem". http://datanation.com/fallacies/index.htm

    You can't even be consistent within the same post:
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiAssassin
    You fail as a martial artis because of your vague knowledge and opinionated views about a style that has contributed much to the martial arts community....Its like you trained one art once a month or something, have you been taking online classes because you are an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiAssassin
    I have never even directed a comment about you, your discpline, your beliefs.
    One more thing: If you are "not trying to prove to the forum nor you anything about wing chun", then why answer the question in the first place? :icon_roll
  7. SamuraiAssassin is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    24

    Posted On:
    3/17/2005 12:55pm


     Style: Wing Chun/JJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just giving insight to a person who asked a question about wing chun from a person who studies this art, among others.


    Grade away!
  8. SamuraiAssassin is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    24

    Posted On:
    3/17/2005 1:19pm


     Style: Wing Chun/JJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a serious question, is there another way to prove the applicabilty of a fighting art other then modern day competitions or video footage?

    By this I mean could there be proof in the history of the people who created it?

    The only reason I say this is because there are other fighting arts out there like Filipino art forms or Indonesian art forms. Filipinos fought off many countries by hand and stick and are famed for their knife fighting yet they have no roots in MMA competitions. THey have never had a serious contender in the UFC nor do I think their schools really care too (generalization). But does this make them inferior?
  9. dramaboy is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,577

    Posted On:
    3/17/2005 4:02pm


     Style: -

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiAssassin
    The only reason I say this is because there are other fighting arts out there like Filipino art forms or Indonesian art forms. Filipinos fought off many countries by hand and stick.....
    Gee, weren't they dominated by Spaniards like forever?

    Tomas
    Current stage of death: denial
  10. SamuraiAssassin is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    24

    Posted On:
    3/17/2005 4:33pm


     Style: Wing Chun/JJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy
    Gee, weren't they dominated by Spaniards like forever?

    Tomas

    Actually yes, they were and they were not allowed to practice fighting forms nor use edged weapons, but under those circumstances a necessity for a functional fighting skills would seem more likely to develope. While we are fighting one on one in cages and developing MMA skills, there art form most likely developed under more pressing matters.

    But do you think that they lack credibility or present and inferior fighting style because they do not hold a major championsship with in a NHB scenario or have numerous video footage?
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 289101112 13141516 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.