Sponsored Links Spacer Image

On the wrong side of the pond for gong sau

Posted On:
    3/15/2005 10:45am

supporting member
     Style: San shou(tai chi) +judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was just thinking we need more _ _ threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickx
    It must suck for legit practitioners of tai chi like Cullion to see their art get all watered down into exercise for seniors.
    Those who esteme qi have no strength. ~ Exposition of Insights into the Thirteen Postures Attrib: Wu Yuxiang founder of Wu style tai chi.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/15/2005 1:53pm

Style: Wing Chun/JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bodar
    OK, you fail. Let's see:

- You are answering a two and a half year old question.

- During this answer, you fail to introduce any arguments that have NOT been made in the last two and a half years. Holy ****, crosstraining is good, you say? MY LIFE IS A LIE! :rolleyes:

- "Finger to the back of the head"? WTF?! No really, WTF?!

You are entitled to your own thoughts buddy, I am answering a two and half year old question, that is what drew me to the forum definately not your weak badgering arguments. My life doesn not hinge on passing your weak minded tests. You fail and and indivdual and a martial artist. And if I did stick my fingers in the your eye...yes you would be screaming WTF WTF!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/15/2005 2:46pm

Style: Wing Chun, Kun tao, kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wow, most of you guys are gay as hell, so quick to bash on a thread that
    is called "what do you think of wing chun". seems like the question was
    posted from an person looking to train in the style. not from a naysayer.
    some people posted their thoughts from and educated point of view
    (as practitioners of the style)
    and others from their lack of experience. there is a lack of intelligence on all
    aspects of this forum!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/15/2005 5:38pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please, let's not have any more Wing Chun threads for a while. Non WC practitioners who don't like the art aren't going to be convinced until they see several WC practitioners placing high in several serious tournaments. This is a requirement they are quite entitled to place on Wing Chun to prove itself.
    If you don't care if the BJJ or MT people like WC, fine. There's no point posting here to try and convince them, it will just either bore and annoy them or give them an opportunity to joke about Wing Chun.

If you do care whether or not people from other MAs find WC credible, I suggest you just get back to training.. try and win a local full contact tournament then post video. The burden is on us.

I've been posting to these threads trying to defend WC since I registered about a year ago. I'm tired of reposting the same arguments. If anybody is genuinely interested in hearing my answer to a question about Wing Chun, please PM me, and I'll do my best to explain the way we do it where I train.

Enough! I have some bagwork to do.

Lord Of the Rhymes

Posted On:
    3/15/2005 6:16pm

Style: Pimpin/Tango-thanks Xango

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wingchunnewbie
    Please, let's not have any more Wing Chun threads for a while.
    Mmmm....let me think. No.
    No, wait, its a good idea...No.

:-)
    Canuckyokushin:

These women can do back flips right over my head and still land on there feet .GRrrrrrrr!

THAT'S NOTHING, I USED TO KNOW SOME 12 YEAR-OLDS WHO COULD FIT INSIDE A SUITCASE AND STAY ALIVE FOR 7 OR WAS IT 6 HOURS

Government overthrows you!

Posted On:
    3/15/2005 6:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** NO this didn't happen.

On an unrelated note, I live in t3h same building as someone called "Wing Cheung" - what are the odds? How I chuckled in the post room.

Anyway - you will die a thousand deaths for posting in here.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2005 2:49am

Style: none currently, ex-TSK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiAssassin
    You are entitled to your own thoughts buddy, I am answering a two and half year old question, that is what drew me to the forum definately not your weak badgering arguments. My life doesn not hinge on passing your weak minded tests. You fail and and indivdual and a martial artist. And if I did stick my fingers in the your eye...yes you would be screaming WTF WTF!
    OK, first of all, how do I "fail as a martial artist"? You don't even fucking know me. My comments were directed at what you said, not at you as a person. Talk about weak-ass, ad hominem arguments.

Secondly, let me explain this to you. This is a forum community, and a rather critical one at that. See, the way it works is, we need to present fresh ideas and opinions, not the same thing over and over again. You failed to present evidence as to why WC is a complete system, or even a worthwhile one. The only decent point you happened to make (I'm convinced it was by accident) was that it is good to crosstrain. Perhaps next you'd like to tell us that the Earth is round? If, by answering this 2 1/2 yr old thread (about a topic which has been discussed to death recently as well), you had pulled a shining nugget of insight out of your ass, we would be saying, "hey, I never looked at it that way." and perhaps some would be convinced that WC is totally great. Sadly, you did not, and 90% still thinks WC sucks for the most part. Mind you, I have yet to decide on WC's worth personally, (although the prosecution's case looks pretty airtight), I am merely trying to elicit some decent discussion out of you.

Thirdly, oh please. Not "teh d34dly" eye-gouge crap again. If you weren't nutriding WC, I'd swear you were Ashida Kim trolling the boards. Actually, I thought you were referring to the eye-gouge's "other retarded cousin", the dim mak. Please tell me you don't go for that too?

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    3/16/2005 12:18pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SAMURAI ASSASIN - We just got over 2 major wing chun threads... the "emin boztepe in mma" thread and the "whats good about _ing _un thread." Before Aesopian and company race back on here to crucify ur noobiness, lemme recap for you some of the arguments that were discussed in the previous months:

1.) Wing Chun Lineage
    2.) Does straight punch lack power compared to say a boxing punch
    3.) "Wing Chun is t3h de4dly on t3h $7|2337"
    4.) "We cant use our deadly techniques in the ring"
    5.) "That guy didn't do the REAL wing chun"
    6.) "My master has the REAL wing chun"
    7.) Lack of alive training in Wing Chun
    8.) shitload of other stuff

THere is nothing u can say that hasn't been said about Wing CHun in the last 2 months. It has been a busy period for Wing Chun and the chunners on this site havent done a very good job defending the system (ie they argue w each other as well as everyone else) so plz refrain from making any comments about WC cuz we have heard it all and I would like several weeks of quiet time before any more WC whining comes up again.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2005 2:20pm

Style: Wing Chun, Kun tao, kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    These topics are the same arguments that all wing chun schools, families, kwoons what ever, argue about. the problem is that all the chunners are arguing about the petty aspects of the arts politics. all arts have politics, the wing chun people on this forum have spent too much time defending the art, rather than explaining it intelegently.

here is a question i would like to raise. do the theories of the system have flaws? or is it the interpretations that creates the flaw?

was the art supposed to have more to offer but doesnt because too many teachers dont have the balls to question its effieciency?? All arts should evolve with the times. no one fights the other shaolin styles in street attacks any more, so is it possible that the old methods of teaching are in effective? no one throws a double punch at you unless they study choy lay fut! no one throws a straight karate punch and holds it out for you.

as a wing chun instructor, im saying that the petty politics you guys are arguing about are holding your mind back from accepting that your style just might not have all the answers!!!!!!

Posted On:
    3/17/2005 1:38am

Style: BJJ/Zumba

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I guess its the interpretation of the ideals. But this can apply to anything. If it doesnt work, change it until it does? I dont know what this is such a problem.
    Daniel: I don't know if I know enough karate.

Miyagi: Feeling correct.

Daniel: You sure know how to make a guy feel confident.

Miyagi: You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 12131415 ... LastLast