Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    337
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Does Hatsumi really have bodyguards?

    I heard that at his seminars, Hatsumi actually has an entourage of bodyguards. Is this true? Someone told me that he has guys wearing suits and earphones that act as though they're Kevin Costner.

    Why does he need bodyguards? Does anyone really think someone's going to attack him? This isn't 15th century japan.

    And anyway, if he is T3H D3ADLY then can't he take care of himself?

    This is really the first time I've evr heard of martial arts teachers having bodyguards at their events.

  2. #2
    <plasma>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,573
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shmuel
    I heard that at his seminars, Hatsumi actually has an entourage of bodyguards. Is this true? Someone told me that he has guys wearing suits and earphones that act as though they're Kevin Costner.

    Why does he need bodyguards? Does anyone really think someone's going to attack him? This isn't 15th century japan.

    And anyway, if he is T3H D3ADLY then can't he take care of himself?

    This is really the first time I've evr heard of martial arts teachers having bodyguards at their events.

    No I never seen Hatsumi have body guards. Source where you heard that?

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    337
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    No I never seen Hatsumi have body guards. Source where you heard that?
    Friends who have been to taikais. Apparently no-one is allowed to get too close to him at taikais and there are bodyguards to prevent this.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    875
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    No I never seen Hatsumi have body guards. Source where you heard that?
    When he was touring regularly for Tai Kais it wasn't unheard of for some Buj folks with professional security training to act as security for the events and personal security for Hatsumi.

    Hatsumi is a skilled martial artist, but he's no fool. No one person of any level of fame at a public event should assume that they are perfectly safe because they are "too bad ass for security."

  5. #5
    Virus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,966
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I never heard of guys in suits with earphones.

  6. #6
    shinbushi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Manhattan Beach, California, United States
    Posts
    897
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At the Last Atlanta Tai Kai besides the usual Nagato Sensei Bud has guys from his security company body guarding him.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    255
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Any public figure that has any reason to suspect someone might want to start an altercation with them should have security. Even if you can take care of yourself, its usually worth the price to have someone else assume the legal liability for getting in a physical confrontation.

  8. #8
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    8,860
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhemsley
    Any public figure that has any reason to suspect someone might want to start an altercation with them should have security. Even if you can take care of yourself, its usually worth the price to have someone else assume the legal liability for getting in a physical confrontation.

    Especially when they are trained for conflict and you are not .
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    875
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Most venues also have security requirements for events related to their insurance policites.

  10. #10
    BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer. Join us... or die

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    W. Yorks, UK
    Posts
    5,009
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    No I never seen Hatsumi have body guards. Source where you heard that?
    Of course you've never seen them you silly fecker, they're ninjers.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO