Page 8 of 14 First ... 456789101112 ... Last

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey
    It felt fucking disgusting and still gives me the willies. Austin's a small town, and I found out later that i've put him semi permanently out of work. He lives in a van and can't afford medical care. I've basically ruined this guy's life and feel fucking awful about it.
    Ultimately he ruined his own life by his decisions. You just happened to be the instrument.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    don't feel bad....you never know what he could have been capable of and what he could have intended. That is hwy the law is based on how you felt and not what the 'victim/attack' thought. Though I am afraid we are starting to see the opposite come true

Manhattan Beach, California, United States
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    GBLS,
    You know very little about martial arts history let a lone Japanese history (I have a BA in Japanese Studies). You bag on SKH a few post back but use his tired line of victors write the history. Japanese are anal about documentation. All Japanese secret societies have well documented information. Heck look at the wood block prints of ninja with a scroll in their mouths. Defendeding their scrolls to the death. The Non ninpo ryu-ha of the Bujinkan are legit for sure and come from Sengoku Japan (Please don't use the term Feudal as Japan had a Baku-Han system not a Feudal system, no serfs).that worked for combat in that area. technically except for TYR all the Bujinkan "unarmed' waza is really ancient CQC, in armor. And if you think the training methods of the Bujinkan or Koryu for that manner are the same as they did in Sengoku you are mistaken. One they were doing battle, and even today fighting for real would be better than sparring or ring fighting but you have the moral, legal health problems associated with that. Given that most of us cannot engage in life of death combat to hone our skills, sparring and or Ring fighting is the best we can possible do given our current society, Kata alone will get you killed.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    Spartan, what is your actual experience with judo?

Please be specific and succinct.
    Spartan, don't keep me waiting here.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pics of Spartan6 from his judo days:

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    can someone tell me if bunjikan is realistic self defence???????????????????????

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It isn't. Normal Bujinkan classes are packed with deluded lunge punching, completely compliant stuff that doesn't work

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    :e.jpg:

did u find or wing chun better for self defence?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    do u find bjj or wing chun better 4 self defence???

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    for practicality? BJJ...I just like LARPing my chun. I also happen to train in Bujinkan but that's a story for another thread (search ninjerism in guantanamo bay).

Page 8 of 14 First ... 456789101112 ... Last