Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    5/31/2007 9:38am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yarrr that be my test for me 30th degree pirate BB yarrrr.

(although we don't actually rape just kind of go through a raping drill with each other )

Yarrr yarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Guess which finger is the fickle one...

Posted On:
    5/31/2007 9:58am

supporting member
     Style: Karate/ Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by spartan6
    Welcome to Ninjitsu.

Where pre-pubescent (sometimes mentally, sometimes physically and mostly both) people talk about ... well i dunno, kind of got lost under a pile of bullshit.

Where most "practitioners" have just discovered the "ultimate" martial art (Ninjerism), done it for 2 months and can suddenly defeat any opponent just like their heroes in medievil japan.

I can guarantee that I will not even read your post and reply by quoting the first 2 paragraphs. Or I will make a 1-2 sentence reply which is either a badly conceived retort or a joke only the "bujinken" community understands. Finally the other times I will quote every paragraph and make a comment to sound like they are actually trying to form a rational thought.

And to answer your question the Bujinkan is singled out because everybody knows what it is, but Ignorance is not a martial art.

Aren't you late for your meeting with Bear1980,

so you can brainstorm your next round of Bullshit?

:lame:
    If you can't laugh at yourself,
    Others will be happy to do it for you. :evil6:

The 2 most abundant elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2007 1:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As a related question, just how good is Hatsumi really?

I get the distinct impression that people here are not impressed at all with the quality of the Bujinkan training or with the ability of many (most?) of the members.

But how about the Man himself? He got his training in a very different generation and in a very different way to most of the students today. Is he himself the real deal?

For example, in his prime would he have been a match for top MMA fighters or one of the Gracies? He looks like he moves extremly well and makes it look effortless when he takes out people in demonstrations. But how much of that is real and how much is cooperation?

And what about his weapons abilities? Is he considered to be in the same league weaponswide as other koryu teachers. For example the head of Yagyu Shinkage Ryu or Tenshin Shoden Katori Shinto Ryu?

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    5/31/2007 2:26pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shmuel
    For example, in his prime would he have been a match for top MMA fighters or one of the Gracies?
    ...No.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2007 5:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey
    ...No.
    Not even if he controlled the kukan?

Posted On:
    5/31/2007 6:32pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It might look like that the bujinkan is singled out but in reality, yes it is singled out.

In my opinion it doesn't matter which dead art you do. Bujinkan, taichi, hapkido, karate, kempo they all suffer from the same thing. It doesn't matter if you do big circular blocks against a lunge punch or you do bong sau against a _un punch, neither of them really work. You can practice clapping the punch between your hands if you want, it doesn't matter.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2007 7:14pm

Style: Bujutsu / Muay Thai / MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shmuel
    As a related question, just how good is Hatsumi really?

I get the distinct impression that people here are not impressed at all with the quality of the Bujinkan training or with the ability of many (most?) of the members.

But how about the Man himself? He got his training in a very different generation and in a very different way to most of the students today. Is he himself the real deal?

For example, in his prime would he have been a match for top MMA fighters or one of the Gracies? He looks like he moves extremly well and makes it look effortless when he takes out people in demonstrations. But how much of that is real and how much is cooperation?

And what about his weapons abilities? Is he considered to be in the same league weaponswide as other koryu teachers. For example the head of Yagyu Shinkage Ryu or Tenshin Shoden Katori Shinto Ryu?
    From what I have heard, Hatsumi was a high rank in Judo and in a number of other arts and in his youth was quite a hard ass. Takamatsu his sensei was a hard ass. So I will assume he was a hard ass. But Hatsumi is in his 70s now and I think he has adapted his training to suit. Sometimes, from things I have read on forums, its as if people want to be like Hatsumi, as he is NOW and not get to where he is now by going through the motions he did to get there...

But in the end, this question is redundant because no matter how good your sensei's sensei is...it doesn't justify your own abilities. If my sensei could armbar the entire machado family while eating a hotdog...it wouldn't represent my abilities if he never taught me how to grapple, yeah?

Anyway...its 10am and I still haven't had coffee...I'm rambling!
    :new_sleep

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/31/2007 7:25pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Asriel
    The reason the Booj is slated has nothing to do with someone making it up. All Martial Arts have been made up at some point. In general, they do not practice against resisting opponents, leaving the 'over the top' techniques unpracticed in a realistic way.
    Please feel free to justify these statements. I did do resisitve training. And where are they "over the top"?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/31/2007 7:29pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldman34
    The things you are looking for are in MABS. Most of the offensive stuff is in YMAS, a forum MADE for offensive banter.
    HUH?

Welcome to life outside the Bunjikan. Many of its detractors have participated in it and see its flaws. Others see the BS that ninjas put out and laugh.
    Show me a martial art without flaws.

No it doesnt matter. What does matter is when someone claims that they can kink your brainstem, palm heel you in the chin and kill you, or drive your nose bone into your brain for an instant death type of blow.
    What does matter is when someone claims the can read your thoughts, turn invisible, walk on water, climb walls with their bare hands, and other such nonsense.
    ****, that the Booj is FAMOUS for.
    I have never ever heard these claim from people within Bujinkan. Not ever.

The above post part, is EXACTLY WHY people rag on BJK here. None of this is verifiable. Therefore, its a waste of bandwidth.
    Plus, please come to a throwdown and show me how you can handle up to three people at a time. That I would like to see.
    Of course, you will do like most BJK people do and simply make up some excuse, such as the aforementioned "lung problems".
    So now I have to prove myself to you? Why?

Review both Dojos for us. Maybe your first dojo has t3h r34l BJK.
    I honestly have no idea what you are waffling on about. I liked the first one and I liked the second one. Both were interesting.

Pushups? ohhh noeeessssss. WHy bother to get in any kind of physical shape for a MA?
    If you do a single pushup in martial arts training you are wasting your time and money. Do it outside the dojo.

Who needs it with all of the secret d34dly teachniques you were learning.
    Please list these techniques. Most of what I learned was plain common sense.

As for the "permission" thing. I call shenannigans on you. Better yet, Dojo reviwe please, so others can avoid the place.
    Whatever.

So its ok if HE does it, but not us? Besides, he WASNT a ninjar, most of his stories are "unverifiable" if not just out and out lies, and he practiced Aikido/Kendo, or some variation thereof, because he was a Samurai. (At least he claimed to be)
    So your whole argument has gone out the window.
    You are just plain weird. Why did he have to be a ninja? I thought he was a ronin. Aikido and kendo did not exist when Musashi was born. They were invented 300 years after his death.

You are a troll, but I was bored so I humored you.
    Me thinks the oldman doth protest too much.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    5/31/2007 8:20pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GBLS

If you do a single pushup in martial arts training you are wasting your time and money. Do it outside the dojo.

I don't have anything to say about your comments but this one is wrong.

I understand what you're saying, martial arts is a set of techniques and skill set and that physical strenght and endurance are the "fuel" so to speak to drive the engine.

But

You can't separate them completely like that.

Conditioning and stamina are just as important to a martial artist.

The arguement that it's not important enough to train in martial arts is often used by people in bad physical shape.
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast