6/18/2007 10:07am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's in section 5:

(5)ADDITIONAL ITEMS
    If punch or kick causes a knockdown, the action will NOT
    continue. The standing fighter will not continue to attack.
    Instead, the referee will begin a 10 count. The standing fighter
    must go to a neutral corner during the count.
    No Vaseline on the body
    -No shoes
    -No shirts for male contestants
    -No metal zippers on shorts

http://www.sos.state.ga.us/gaec/
    http://www.sos.state.ga.us/gaec/pdf/...MA%20Rules.pdf

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    6/18/2007 10:33am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WTF. Absolutely WTF. So a kick or punch that causes a knockdown doesn't allow you to finish the fight right there by jumping on your downed opponent. That's sick... I always thought that was a cruel practice in boxing, let the dude who just got KOed get back up, get his wind and go back out for a continued ass kicking. That's just mean. Now these guys are trying to do it to MMA too? Absolutely sick.

Posted On:
    6/18/2007 10:39am

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, I just posted this:
    take issue with the change to the Amateur MMA rules that you have instituted recently. The addition of a standing 8 count to the system puts the fighters in greater danger of long term brain damage as well as allowing the fight to continue past the point where it should normally be stopped. That rule is cruel and dangerous and should be removed. In the sport of Mixed Martial arts a knockdown should allow the fight to continue on the ground via grappling and strikes. Allowing the fight to continue for another 3-5 seconds after the knockdown will result in less trauma to the defeated fighters brain than standing them out and allowing them to be knocked down again. Your rule changes are destroying the sport and endangering the fighters. Please remove the standing 8 count rule from the Amateur MMA rules.
    Also, I would like you to clarify what you mean by "Hammer Lock" under your illegal techniques. The standard hammer lock involves the arm behind the back with the hand forced up between the shoulder blades. It is a relatively unused submission and not particularly dangerous. What reason is there for disallowing this technique? Are there other techniques that fall under the umbrella of Hammerlock such as the Kimura or Americana? I would appreciate any response to my inquiries.

Thank you,
    Joshua Wentworth

as a complaint from their website. I'll see if I get any response.
    Last edited by Kintanon; 6/18/2007 10:42am at .

Posted On:
    6/18/2007 11:07am

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got a response, Diagnostic-Code: smtp;550 <corporations@sos.state.ga.us>: Recipient address rejected: No such user (corporations@sos.state.ga.us).
    So their listed complaint email address doesn't exist.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    6/18/2007 11:16am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got the same thing when i sent in the form.

Posted On:
    6/18/2007 11:49am

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Resent my complain to kfarr@sos.state.ga.us who is listed as the executive director on the contact site.

Using Donkey Guard to Sniffz Your Feetz

Posted On:
    6/22/2007 5:47pm

Style: Kick Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seriously most of these rules look to be pretty standard for ammy type fights. Overall a tad strict though. The hammer lock bit is questionable because a kimura is just a hammer lock bent a different way. No slamming is bs... no spiking is perfect, as in you can't intentionally drop a fucker on his noodle. I have no issue with no elbows or knees to the head in ammy fights.

STANDING 8 COUNTS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!!!! That's a way to take responsibility away from the ref. If I hit a guy and he goes down I go down on top of him. it's the refs job to pull me off. Though on a side note I did stop hitting a guy once with the ref standing right there and said "he's fucking out!!!" then the ref stopped the fight. Standing 8's do two bad things, 1) they let a stunned guy recover, maybe not fully but there is enough time in an 8 count to get over the initial stun of a good strike and 2) they let a KOed guy recover enough to say "I can fight". Any serious fighter has a real hard time calling it quits so long as they can still stand, move, see and breath but that doesn't mean they should continue. MMA has a good handle on this stuff as of now, but implementing standing 8 counts is the first step toward boxing style fatalities.

It's an ammy fight. Err on the side of caution. It isn't like there is a million dollars at stake. USF rules consider a "flash KO" a knock out for ammies and I think that's a smart way to go. If guys don't like the stricter rules then they can always go pro.

I have seen a ton of fights stopped when it could be considered too early. But I'd rather see 1000 fights stopped too early vs one stopped too late.

Those rules are there for safetey, not to impede your ass kicking potential.
    Last edited by Donkey_Fizzle; 6/22/2007 5:50pm at .
    Amateur MMA record: 8-3-1
    Pro MMA record: 3-1

Using Donkey Guard to Sniffz Your Feetz

Posted On:
    6/22/2007 5:54pm

Style: Kick Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But then again no strikes to the face on the ground, neck cranks or heel hooks is a tad gay.
    Amateur MMA record: 8-3-1
    Pro MMA record: 3-1

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/24/2007 5:58pm

Style: Muay thai - Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good god, at this rate, amateur MMA is going to turn krotty, at least in Georgia. If I was American I would vote but I am not, so the only thing I can do is wish you good luck with your petition.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    6/25/2007 4:17pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, here's an update. As I understand it one rule has been changed for the better. Head kicks are back in. However the biggie, 10 count for a knockdown, still has not been repealed.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast