Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/30/2007 5:03am

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

ID this choke!

I've got a friend who used to be larger and stronger than I was and hasn't come to terms with the fact that years and a good deal of training later I'm not smaller, weaker and not knowledgable enough to make up for it any more. He typically will get rowdy with me after a few drinks and we'll eventually go at it, mostly because his pride is wounded. (He's on a long losing streak now...)

But to the point. Last time we went around, the third and final time I won he straight up tried to tackle me and I got him in something that was more or less a standing RNC in terms or my general body and arm position. The main difference is that our bodies were facing each other and the back of his head was against my chest. It wasn't offset like a guillotine, his head was right against the centerline of my chest.

Anyone have a name for this?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2007 5:17am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1) Gitmo

2)

The main difference is that our bodies were facing each other and the back of his head was against my chest.
    Whaa?

This makes no sense unless we're talking about a one of these http://youtube.com/watch?v=n2dCfuoMYWs

It sounds to me most like your doing something resembling a half-assed neck crank except by triangling your arms.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2007 7:17am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think we need some sort of pic to prove that that position is even possible. I agree with the above assessment of likely half-asses neck crank/triangle. All your buddy would have to do is shove you with his free arm to get out though (especially since he's bigger and heavier) so I have no idea what you're really talking about.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2007 8:14am

Style: Mongolian

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It sounds like a neck crank because your description indicates that you twisted your friend's head backwards (kind of like the video in a previous post). Doesn't matter what you call it as long as it works.

Posted On:
    5/30/2007 9:01am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All threads that are in the spirit of phrases such as "My heterosexual buddy and I had a few drinks and we started fingering each other's buttholes" that get posted in DHS will now be merged here.

Furthermore, if two or more of your threads end up here in a 3 month period, your access to DHS will be removed for a minimum of a year.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Posted On:
    6/18/2007 4:59pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: striker

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    might as well say hi

Posted On:
    6/18/2007 5:28pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

neck crank? I had once had the same thing happen when while I was gutting the midsec

Quote Originally Posted by wetware
    I've got a friend who used to be larger and stronger than I was and hasn't come to terms with the fact that years and a good deal of training later I'm not smaller, weaker and not knowledgable enough to make up for it any more. He typically will get rowdy with me after a few drinks and we'll eventually go at it, mostly because his pride is wounded. (He's on a long losing streak now...)

But to the point. Last time we went around, the third and final time I won he straight up tried to tackle me and I got him in something that was more or less a standing RNC in terms or my general body and arm position. The main difference is that our bodies were facing each other and the back of his head was against my chest. It wasn't offset like a guillotine, his head was right against the centerline of my chest.

Anyone have a name for this?
    While gutting the midsection of someone I disliked ,I have had that person slip into some sort of guillotine...he at that point couldn't throw with me, even though I wasn't finished just yet...I didn't have my feet under me ...but he was caught in a neck crank and begged to get out..I didn't cinch it in,,just twisted the jaw line (neck crank)

Posted On:
    6/18/2007 5:48pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    not to throw gas on the fire, but I didn't ask to host this forum and really looking forward to investigating who put my user name for this forum... anyone want to own up to it? contact me at www.fir1nlastonmyway@msn.com so we can get together and trade alittle ...until then you won't be seeing me at this site....newbie or not...its to much trouble to get along with anyone here.