218357 Bullies, 4168 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 21 to 30 of 36
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. StanLeeUMA is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach ,Fl
    Posts
    45

    Posted On:
    4/24/2011 12:14pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Yes, integrity and honesty I would add are important. I teach Judo multiple days per week, travel to tourmanents, etc.. As far as forms go, I'm not sure what you are talking about. Kata? Or paperwork? In any case, not a concern how you spend your free time.



    Ben
    Typo, I was referring to my activity on the forums here not forms. I am also not a black belt in typing :)

    I wasn't implying anything but I understand where your coming from. If anyone asks me about what I have done I'm completely honest as I have been here with you.

    Thanks for taking an interest. Stop by if your ever in FL.
  2. Lu Tze is offline

    BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    W. Yorks, UK
    Posts
    5,029

    Posted On:
    4/24/2011 12:23pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I'm pretty sure it is a typo. I think he meant "forums." It is a comment we see when things are getting testy. In other words "I am too busy to post" or "I have better things to do."
    Usually with the added implication: "you obviously don't have better things to do, losers".
  3. Kintanon is offline
    Kintanon's Avatar

    Yes, I am smarter than you are.

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Athens, Ga
    Posts
    5,683

    Posted On:
    4/24/2011 12:25pm

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Would you care to address the points raised previously by Karatemom? Were you discharged from the military, and if so, why?
  4. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,610

    Posted On:
    4/24/2011 12:25pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Depends, when we get the angry teen or fraud yes. When it is a guy, who is legit, but may be playing with semantics it is only implied.
  5. StanLeeUMA is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach ,Fl
    Posts
    45

    Posted On:
    4/24/2011 12:28pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol,

    Not in this case. I was referring to why I'm not on the forums as often as I was when I first joined. I joined this forum in 2007
  6. StanLeeUMA is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach ,Fl
    Posts
    45

    Posted On:
    4/24/2011 12:53pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    Would you care to address the points raised previously by Karatemom? Were you discharged from the military, and if so, why?
    I have not been dishoroably discharged from the Army. I have in fact never been in the Army.


    I am also an Eagle Scout, married, own 5 akitas and enjoy long walks on the beach, but none of that has anything to do with whether or not I have been teaching quality martial arts for the past 15 years.

    I joined this forum because I beleived in the superiority of modern training methods and application focus over traditional arts. Isn't that what this forum is all about?
  7. BKR is offline
    BKR's Avatar

    My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    3,803

    Posted On:
    4/24/2011 12:57pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by StanLeeUMA View Post
    Typo, I was referring to my activity on the forums here not forms. I am also not a black belt in typing :)

    I wasn't implying anything but I understand where your coming from. If anyone asks me about what I have done I'm completely honest as I have been here with you.

    Thanks for taking an interest. Stop by if your ever in FL.
    Still not addressing my points. I doubt I'll be in Florida anytime soon, but thanks for the invite.
    Falling for Judo since 1980
  8. BKR is offline
    BKR's Avatar

    My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    3,803

    Posted On:
    4/24/2011 12:59pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by StanLeeUMA View Post
    I have not been dishoroably discharged from the Army. I have in fact never been in the Army.


    I am also an Eagle Scout, married, own 5 akitas and enjoy long walks on the beach, but none of that has anything to do with whether or not I have been teaching quality martial arts for the past 15 years.

    I joined this forum because I beleived in the superiority of modern training methods and application focus over traditional arts. Isn't that what this forum is all about?
    I wouldn't exactly put it that way,but it's close.

    Whenever someone makes claims about rank, experience, etc., in the martial arts here, they an expect to be questioned. Thus my questions about your Judo rank and experience. Which you answered openly, that is a good start.

    BTW, I don't envy your dog food bill with 5 akitas, nor the cleanup duties involved!

    Ben
    Falling for Judo since 1980
  9. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,610

    Posted On:
    4/24/2011 1:00pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by StanLeeUMA View Post
    I joined this forum because I beleived in the superiority of modern training methods and application focus over traditional arts. Isn't that what this forum is all about?
    No it is one of many aspects of this forum. I mean if we go back to the original purpose, of this website, it is about investigating claims in the Martial Arts world. So, asking you for verification is following the original purpose of the website.
  10. StanLeeUMA is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach ,Fl
    Posts
    45

    Posted On:
    4/24/2011 1:26pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    I wouldn't exactly put it that way,but it's close.

    Whenever someone makes claims about rank, experience, etc., in the martial arts here, they an expect to be questioned. Thus my questions about your Judo rank and experience. Which you answered openly, that is a good start.

    BTW, I don't envy your dog food bill with 5 akitas, nor the cleanup duties involved!

    Ben
    Thanks God for Sam's club :)

    I have no problem answering questions and discussing martial arts, that is why I came here originally :) I just don't need to see this degenerate into a trollfest.

    Thanks for the professionalism Ben, that isnt something that is commonly found on the internet :)
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.