Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/27/2007 8:23am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Stan Lee's United Martial Arts

MMA school operating for over 12 years. Practical self defense oriented instruction. Organized curriculum. Family programs available ages 3 1/2 and up. No belt testing fees, no traditional forms.
    Last edited by StanLeeUMA; 9/02/2007 9:24am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/27/2008 5:51pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not exactly a MMA school. Very basic BJJ and Judo combined with Tae Kwon Do for striking makes up the curriculum. Better than most TKD schools (because there is some grappling), but not on par with real MMA schools and should not be marketed as such.

Decent place to take kids, though.

Posted On:
    3/30/2011 6:41pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: tae kwon do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Worst school to take your child to. He rips off the parnents by cutting all classes short and having his 5th graders teach his clasees while he texts on his cell phone! Also when dropping in to see how my childs class was going i seen Mr stan Lifting students up by arms and screaming at them as he puts them in the corner. Also did a background check on Mr. stan which is not his real name he has a dis honorable dischardge form army and terrible driving record yet picks up childeren for after school promgram (scary!!!!) My child has since been removed for this packed with children and no staff dirty , dirty school and seen a huge difference in my daughter karate , If you ever see mr, stan ask who is linage for is training is cuase he wont be able to answer since any idiot can buy a black belt out of a catolog lol!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/24/2011 7:39am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SORT14 View Post
    Not exactly a MMA school. Very basic BJJ and Judo combined with Tae Kwon Do for striking makes up the curriculum. Better than most TKD schools (because there is some grappling), but not on par with real MMA schools and should not be marketed as such.

Decent place to take kids, though.
    The above poster is somewhat correct in that we don't train cage fighters. We offer a Mixed Martial arts curriculum that is self defense oriented. It could be called "Basic" since its paired down to what really works in self defense. All students spar and grapple against resisiting opponents and their are no traditional forms. So TKD isnt an accurate representation either. Hand techniques from boxing, kicking from TKD and Muay thai, throws from wrestling and Judo and ground technique from BJJ.

Our program also differs from most MMA Gyms becuase we keep two important aspects from traditional martial arts.

1) an atmosphere of discipline and respect and focus on character education alongside physical skills( no trash talking, tempers or attitudes)
    2) a belt system and a strict curriculum making sure students arent lost in the shuffle and everyone has both short and long term goals to work toward.

Most cage fighters wouldnt be happy in our facility as we arent geared toward sport martial arts. Hope that clears up any misunderstanding.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    4/24/2011 8:00am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by StanLeeUMA View Post
    Our program also differs from most MMA Gyms becuase we keep two important aspects from traditional martial arts.

1) an atmosphere of discipline and respect and focus on character education alongside physical skills( no trash talking, tempers or attitudes)
    The implication being that most MMA coaches/students are undisciplined and disrespectful... don't you think that's a pretty, uh, disrespectful thing to say?

Or to put it another way, why don't you practice what you preach you fucking douchebag.
    Last edited by Lu Tze; 4/24/2011 8:03am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/24/2011 8:09am

Style: Judo, Muay Thai, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So TKD isnt an accurate representation either. Hand techniques from boxing, kicking from TKD and Muay thai, throws from wrestling and Judo and ground technique from BJJ.
    Do you have any legitimate background in Boxing, Muay Thai, BJJ, Judo or MMA? Your website doesn't list any actual qualifications on your instructor bio.

Plus, it is incredibly disingenuous to call what you teach 'mixed martial arts' just because you train more than one style. MMA is a sport with a very clear definition, which certainly doesn't include training in a gi.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    4/24/2011 8:35am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by karatemom2011 View Post
    Worst school to take your child to. He rips off the parnents by cutting all classes short and having his 5th graders teach his clasees while he texts on his cell phone! Also when dropping in to see how my childs class was going i seen Mr stan Lifting students up by arms and screaming at them as he puts them in the corner. Also did a background check on Mr. stan which is not his real name he has a dis honorable dischardge form army and terrible driving record yet picks up childeren for after school promgram (scary!!!!) My child has since been removed for this packed with children and no staff dirty , dirty school and seen a huge difference in my daughter karate , If you ever see mr, stan ask who is linage for is training is cuase he wont be able to answer since any idiot can buy a black belt out of a catolog lol!

Please provide documentation for these statements. We love a good acrimonious debate here, but these sort of claims require some sort of verification or you just look like a vindictive jerk.

Not to mention needing to establish relevance for this information. Lots of people leave the military under less-than-wonderful circumstances, whether or not it applies to his school is a different matter.

So yeah, if you have any documentation for these items (public records only) we would love to see and discuss.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/24/2011 9:01am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by callum828 View Post
    Do you have any legitimate background in Boxing, Muay Thai, BJJ, Judo or MMA? Your website doesn't list any actual qualifications on your instructor bio.

Plus, it is incredibly disingenuous to call what you teach 'mixed martial arts' just because you train more than one style. MMA is a sport with a very clear definition, which certainly doesn't include training in a gi.
    That is why I stated the clarification. We have been teaching MMA since before the ruleset or popularity of the sport.(School was founded in 1995) I don't intend to mislead anyone that we are foccued on the competition aspects. I don't have any chain link in my school :)

I have Black belts in TKD, Judo, Jujitsu and Hapkido. My TKD Instructor was an interservice boxing champion. In BJJ I started training in 93 with Conan Silviera through seminars and then private lessons with Dinno Cherrem(4th degree black belt under De La Riva)

I don't award belt rank in any of these arts, since we don't teach any of them in their standard form.We teach a self defense course that is a blend of striking and grappling. All of the things Bullshido stands for(aliveness, application-based) are core parts of our training and philosophy. Very JKD concepts inspired.

I have competed extensively in Sport Jujitsu(ISJA), an early amateur MMA format that similiar to pancrase is full striking standing up with submission grappling on the ground. I have won several light heavyweight titles in the sport and one grand championship.I have won several submission grappling tournaments in the 90's because I felt it was necesarry to walk the walk, and not just talk the talk. Im 42 years old now I don't feel the need to compete anymore.

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    4/24/2011 10:32am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is why I stated the clarification. We have been teaching MMA since before the ruleset or popularity of the sport.(School was founded in 1995) I don't intend to mislead anyone that we are foccued on the competition aspects. I don't have any chain link in my school :)

I have Black belts in TKD, Judo, Jujitsu and Hapkido. My TKD Instructor was an interservice boxing champion. In BJJ I started training in 93 with Conan Silviera through seminars and then private lessons with Dinno Cherrem(4th degree black belt under De La Riva)

I don't award belt rank in any of these arts, since we don't teach any of them in their standard form.We teach a self defense course that is a blend of striking and grappling. All of the things Bullshido stands for(aliveness, application-based) are core parts of our training and philosophy. Very JKD concepts inspired.

I have competed extensively in Sport Jujitsu(ISJA), an early amateur MMA format that similiar to pancrase is full striking standing up with submission grappling on the ground. I have won several light heavyweight titles in the sport and one grand championship.I have won several submission grappling tournaments in the 90's because I felt it was necesarry to walk the walk, and not just talk the talk. Im 42 years old now I don't feel the need to compete anymore.
    When, with whom, and where did you train/study Judo and for how long. When did you earn your black belt and from which organization?

Ben
    Falling for Judo since 1980

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/24/2011 10:53am

Style: Judo, Muay Thai, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is your black belt in traditional jujitsu or BJJ?
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast