Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Antiquated

Posted On:
    5/27/2007 4:19am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

OH mah toes!!11eleven

I've been hyper-flexing my toes (big toes) for a good long while now, and it's really starting to piss me off. I'm afraid that one day my toes are going to break.

All the old timers who come around the dojo have these big ass bunion things, and I'm starting to develop hard boney growths on my the joints of my toes.

Does anyone have any tips for what I could do to lessen the risk of toe hyper-flexion, I've been taping them, but it's hard to isolate the big toe. Buddy taping and stirruping them just doesn't seem to work for me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2007 5:24pm

Style: Submission wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, when do you hyper flex them, I have the same problem when I shoot without mat shoes sometimes, I usually just put my mat shoes on.

But, in your judo gym, you probably can't do that, so that brings me back to when do you hyper flex your toes?

(And respond to my PM, man.)

Antiquated

Posted On:
    5/28/2007 12:09am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry i didn't check the PM mailbox for awhile.

I guess I hyper flex mine when I go in for a shoot like you, or I do a leg sweep and come down on it. Or when I stumble forward a bit and try to regain balance.

It sucks we can't wear sambo or wrestling shoes, that would alleviate it pretty quickly.