Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/26/2007 9:29am

Style: Karate, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Family Safety Institute

All right, I’m a total noob, and if my search-fu is not up to par and this has been brought up before, I apologize, but I found this off of one of the Google ad’s at the top of Bullshido. (yeah I know, Google picks the ad’s and Bullshido has no control over who’s ad makes it on the site)

Web site here: http://www.familysafetyinstitute.com/getcertified.jsp

I know anyone can troll the web and and find bad-fu, but I think this deserves special attention.

This guy, like many others, is selling teh deadly self defense DVD’s, but has taken it to a whole new level. Now you too can “In just a few days, be well on your way to making an excellent income as a certified self-defense trainer”.

Not only that but :

what you don’t need to become a huge success with this business:

Experience in business—NOT NEEDED!
    Experience as a fighter—NOT NEEDED!
    Experience in martial arts—NOT NEEDED!

Experience in the physical fitness industry—NOT NEEDED!

In other words Mr. Couch potato, send Thomas Bloomfield your $279.00 and “in a few short days”:

“…we’ll show you how to turn yourself into the “go-to” self-defense instructor in your community—someone who’s name immediately comes to mind when the words “self defense” are mentioned. You’ll learn to become the one that can train others how to protect themselves and keep their families safe. And believe me, these people will be very grateful to you, and very willing to pay you top dollar for your services.”

I guess we’ve been doing it all wrong with years of MA training. He claims that his three hours of DVD’s will make anyone into someone that can effectively train others in self-defense, thereby allowing the trainer to earn an “executive level income”.

IMHO, absolute Bullshido. He is making money creating unqualified self-defense instructors, and making further money in an almost pyramid like system where these “certified trainers” sell his materials to others, not to mention all the potential people who could start to believe they are capable of defending themselves after learning from one of his “certified trainers”.

BTW, after reading a large number of the threads on Bullshido, it did not surprise me that this Thomas Bloomfield is the owner of an ATA school.

Posted On:
    5/26/2007 1:51pm

Style: I request to be banned

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The pic of the eight year old kicking the BOB about summed it up.

Posted On:
    5/26/2007 3:19pm

Style: Lethargy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is old news. Maybe not the specific company but the qualifications for unqualified people sold by unqualified people is widespread.

Posted On:
    5/26/2007 7:16pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is sick. If anyone has a copy of the dvd, i suggest you set up a user accountant from a hotmail address or something, go to an internet cafe or some other place where u cant be traced and post it here for our amsuement.

Lets burn these fuckers

". At the age of 14, he even became a Sifu (instructor) in Lung Gung Fa - Kung Fu"
    fuckin christ
    Last edited by colonelpong2; 5/26/2007 7:20pm at .

Posted On:
    5/26/2007 7:17pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    12/12/2007 2:14am

Style: Hetare Gijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Thomas Bloomfield?

I think I've seen his name on here or on another website like this, but I'm not sure. Maybe if he has been discussed, you guys can point me in the right direction. I just thought it was weird that he was a "Sifu" at 14, his children all have "high ranks", and I think he has a black belt still in diapers. Plus, anyone that says they'll send you a packet that will make you the most knowledgeable self defense instructor in your area, is just begging to be put up on here.

http://www.familysafetyinstitute.com...instructor.jsp

The gift that keeps on giving

Posted On:
    12/12/2007 2:23am

supporting member
     Style: On hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know, all I did was type in "Thomas Bloomfield" into the search function (top right) and I got this: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...mas+Bloomfield

You should try using the search function, it's fun! And yes, you should post in Newbietown first and introduce yourself.

Posted On:
    12/12/2007 2:27am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sarcasm and smart assedness aside, thanks for the advice. I opened the forums and saw a BS, Fraud, etc. etc. section, so I went there. I didn't even know there was a "newbietown". Thanks.

The gift that keeps on giving

Posted On:
    12/12/2007 2:33am

supporting member
     Style: On hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry, I'm just being very cranky right now.

Normally I'm much more pleasant.

Posted On:
    12/12/2007 3:28am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I definitely look forward to discussions with THAT Steve. Just kidding, it's all good. I've been in a shitty mood too, but it's flu season, so I may be coming down with something. Apparently this guy wasn't very discussion or investigation worthy anyway. No one seemed to go really in depth in investigating him.

:bowdown:

Sorry, I can't talk anymore, I ordered the Self Defense Instructor Kit, and now I'm the foremost authority in the world on Self Defense. Posting on forums is now beneath me. You must all bow down to my uber awesomeness. Talk to you later.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast