My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    11/03/2008 7:02pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Machiavelli
    The thing that a lot of people who were not in the military dont realize is that SF, Ranger, Airborne, Infantry and other combat units have a lot of personnel attached who are not SF, Ranger, Airborne qualified. That makes saying that "I was a Captain in the 7th SFG" a "true" statement, that leaves the implication out there that the person was a Green Beret. Most people not "in the know" will automatically think that the person was. Many others will not have the balls to ask if he was.

I see no proof that he wasnt a GB though, other than some anonymous internet posters and his own resume that conspicuously never outright states that he was a GB.
    So true.
    Hell I'm in the 82nd now and there are pple here who are not Airborne!?!?!?!

Pple confuse Special Operations and Special Forces as well. Special Operations (PsyOps, Civil Affairs) is unconventional but its not what pple think.They wear he arrow head but no long tab. But pple here SpecOps and think uberbadass.

Then you have to look at the fact that elite soldier does not equal badass h2h skills. There are many Rangers and SF I roll up on a regular basis. Now change the scenario and have a group of guys armed and ready to kick in a door then you're fucked.

Oh and Officers are usually pussies.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    11/03/2008 7:26pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFGOON
    I seriously need to start a cult. Who volunteers to be my "Cardinals?" (95% cut of your chapter's earning you keep, and I promise to visit once per year. Downside - LARPing.)
    Only if you go with a pseudo-Asian orientalist theme. I'm half Japanese so I can hack that.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/03/2008 8:10pm

Style: Shotokan & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I knew a guy that was into this when I was in college (circa 2002). He used to advertise for it on campus and even spoke in front of some the anthropology classes about their initiation rituals.

He used to teach Bujinkan classes on campus that were totally ridiculous. I nearly choked him unconscious in front of about 10 people while he tried some lame defense. I finally let him go when he turned purple. Bear in mind, this wasn't a RNC or anything, I was just standing in front of him with my hands around his neck.

He was a nice enough guy, but he had just drank too much of the kool aid. He actually got his ass kicked one day after talking about how tough you had to be to do Bujinkan.

Posted On:
    11/03/2008 8:56pm

Style: Jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why? Why are people like that around? It drives me crazy. I went to a booj class once because I was curious. The instructor was teaching gun takeaways. I was a LEO at the time. I usualy am disgusted by most the booj-waza but I was actually offended by the gun disarms. I was afraid that the typical boojer would think it ok to try that. You might not like the typical boojer but for God sakes you don't want them shot. I got mad. I ended up walking out early. I was thinking the instructor was going to get people killed. If the booj-gun-waza in question was attemped on me or anyone else with some weapon retention skill they would be shot.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/04/2008 11:27am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Bujinkan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Most people in the Buj are allergic to critical thinking. I don't remember the exact quote so I'll just paraphrase Hatsumi from one of his books (can't remember which one) 'Science should take second place to ninjutsu'. :tinfoil:

Sometimes my soke embarasses me to no end.

btw which choke escape and gun disarms did they show? just curious

Posted On:
    11/04/2008 5:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am not familar with booj-waza so I will attempt to describe what I saw.
    Uke held a rubber gun in front of him one handed with a staight arm.
    Uke was leaning forward in a lungeing type stance. It looked like he was leaning forward with his hand held out in front of him holding the rubber gun one handed. The instructor moved to the left side while lifting his right hand up. The instructor grabbed the bottom of the gun underhanded, with one hand, leaning to the side. The uke then let go of the gun. The intructor then shrugged his shoulders and said "its that simple". I looked at the students sitting there like they were witnessing magic. I thought it was horrible.

:suicide:

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/04/2008 10:19pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, sounds like he was trying to use an omote gyaku (outside wrist break) for the disarm. I'll take a guess at how the gaps filled in. The gun was held in the uke's right hand. After stepping to the left (and forward at a 45deg. angle of course)., the sensei's left hand covered the back of the gun hand while his right came up underneath like you said. The sensei then uses both his hands to twist the gun hand clockwise from the uke's perspective, during which the uke let's go of the gun for "safety reasons". That does sound like a pretty awful waza from what you describe.

Omote gyaku is generally a pretty low percentage technique if the uke can easily adjust their position, and is actively resisting/defending against the wrist lock specifically. It has been my experience that when you give a person a weapon their instinct is to focus entirely on the weapon, which would naturally mean they would be immediately aware of attempts to manipulate it into a joint lock.

Sounds shitty, I don't know why that instructor thought it would work. But like I said, lots of bujers are allergic to critical thinking. :icon_roll

Posted On:
    11/05/2008 7:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Any attempt at weapon retention would have thwarted the technqiue.

Posted On:
    11/18/2008 5:48pm

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by rw4th
    Here's a thread over at SOCNET that discusses Prather:

http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php?t=38968

The conclusion there is that he was an MI officer attached to 7th Group and not actually SF qualified himself.
    Great reference find there.

Posted On:
    1/20/2009 7:14pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jeff Prather “Warrior School” is now called “PASSAGES” (URL http://www.budosites.com/hmbd/index.cfm?page=15 ). Jeff Prather got in trouble with the Bujinkan. All the people in warriorschool left and started passages. It's same group of people, doing the same things that warriorschool was doing. Except done under a new name and new leader.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast