Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 9101112 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/05/2010 7:50am

Style: Chum Kune Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    He claims to have a BSc in Oriental Arts and Therapies from Trinity College London. TCL does mainly language teaching and dance/drama stuff, and I'm not sure if they have BSc courses. I also think that looks like the title of a BA type degree. I don't know though, and I'd need to look into it further.

EDIT: Hmmm, popping "Oriental Arts and Therapies" into google (with the quotes) turns up this http://taurinorum.com/kayten.it/testihtm/pageENG6.html Scroll down and you'll see that the guy on this page is claiming a PhD in the subject, also awarded by TCL. Odd.
    Login:

Username
    Password

Not Registered? Create a new account. About
    Trinity

News

Music

Grades
    Certificates
    Diplomas

Drama
    and Speech

Grades
    Certificates
    Diplomas

Dance

International Certificates and Diplomas

DaDA

UK Dance and Drama Awards

Arts
    Award

In partnership with Arts Council England

ESOL

English for Speakers of Other Languages

TESOL

Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages

Search

Type keyword(s) and click 'Search' button.

Trinity College London, the international examinations board incorporating Trinity Guildhall, offers accredited qualifications in English language and the performing and creative arts. We conduct 500,000 assessments each year worldwide, from graded examinations and certificates to diplomas and higher level vocational qualifications.
    Support for teachers and learners is available from this website. Register with the site to bookmark your favourite pages, contribute to our forums, and receive updates on areas that interest you most.
    For more information on examinations in your country visit the Trinity Worldwide pages.

Assessing English language since 1938.

Please note this page has been reformatted to be optimised for your printer.
    The original version of this printed page can be found at:

Login:

Username
    Password

Not Registered? Create a new account. About
    Trinity

News

Music

Grades
    Certificates
    Diplomas

Drama
    and Speech

Grades
    Certificates
    Diplomas

Dance

International Certificates and Diplomas

DaDA

UK Dance and Drama Awards

Arts
    Award

In partnership with Arts Council England

ESOL

English for Speakers of Other Languages

TESOL

Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages

Search

Type keyword(s) and click 'Search' button.

Trinity College London, the international examinations board incorporating Trinity Guildhall, offers accredited qualifications in English language and the performing and creative arts. We conduct 500,000 assessments each year worldwide, from graded examinations and certificates to diplomas and higher level vocational qualifications.
    Support for teachers and learners is available from this website. Register with the site to bookmark your favourite pages, contribute to our forums, and receive updates on areas that interest you most.
    For more information on examinations in your country visit the Trinity Worldwide pages.

Assessing English language since 1938.

Please note this page has been reformatted to be optimised for your printer.
    The original version of this printed page can be found at:

Posted On:
    7/05/2010 8:00am

Style: bjj/judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not even going to quote that because that is the entirely most lackluster attempt to substantiate your credentials ever.

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    7/05/2010 8:00am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cliff, we all ready called TCL, they said didn't give you a BSc - they never gave anyone a BSc, ever.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/05/2010 8:37am

Style: Northern Shaolin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have fond memories of Chum as a child.

My father taught me 'Chum' when we went fishing. I earned the nickname 'squid' (which was as much a title as anything else).

I remember being on the boat with Pop while fishing and using my nascent 'chum fist' technique to dispose of a slurry of bait into the ocean to attract fish/shark'whatever we could.

I could thereby claim, quite sincerely, that I have been practicing 'Chum fist' since I was 3 or so, and that I earned the title 'Architeuthis Dux' while doing so. This would not even be an exageration. 30+ years of practice using that ladle/can/cup to dump chum.

But did you notice? DUX. Thats right, the connection to Frank Dux made, BAM! in ONE leap.

It also begs the question: "is this a similiar style to my experience of childhood?"

All comedy aside, I can have no opinion on the person, other than the apparently inflated/conflated certificate standing. That by itself seems to offer an insight.

Best of luck in your pursuits 'Chum fist' people!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/05/2010 9:44am

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Black sash / 1st dan in 1 1/2 years?

http://www.chumkunedo.uk.com/profile-irina-goodwin.php

and a gold medal for splits?

http://www.chumkunedo.uk.com/hof.php

James Hudson Gold Medal for his achievement in doing the splits and his stretching ability.

Posted On:
    7/07/2010 2:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    :icon_sunn
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabu View Post
    I have fond memories of Chum as a child.

My father taught me 'Chum' when we went fishing. I earned the nickname 'squid' (which was as much a title as anything else).

I remember being on the boat with Pop while fishing and using my nascent 'chum fist' technique to dispose of a slurry of bait into the ocean to attract fish/shark'whatever we could.

I could thereby claim, quite sincerely, that I have been practicing 'Chum fist' since I was 3 or so, and that I earned the title 'Architeuthis Dux' while doing so. This would not even be an exageration. 30+ years of practice using that ladle/can/cup to dump chum.

But did you notice? DUX. Thats right, the connection to Frank Dux made, BAM! in ONE leap.

It also begs the question: "is this a similiar style to my experience of childhood?"

All comedy aside, I can have no opinion on the person, other than the apparently inflated/conflated certificate standing. That by itself seems to offer an insight.

Best of luck in your pursuits 'Chum fist' people!
    :ninjadanc:adios:

I can't do anymore then this. Sorry that you don't belive. I will have it on the web site the next time I up date it so you all can see the certificate.
    Till then check out www.wuma.co.uk

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/07/2010 2:54pm

Style: Northern Shaolin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dont dispair, my post was mild comedy featuring a vignette from my childhood, not any kind of useful commentary.

I was sincere in my wishing you the best of luck, in any case. The questions raised on the certificate were by others, only that it seemed to be a fair question.

Best regards,

Rob

Posted On:
    7/07/2010 7:05pm

Style: Aikijujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Clifford, just post it here, since its a valid degree, it should pose no problem to prove it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/07/2010 8:19pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabu View Post
    This is exactly what I was thinking when I first started reading this thread, but several pages in, there was no chum to be found up until post #74. Therefore I hereby insert the obligatory ninjer image to appropriately represent the mad skillz of Chum Kune Do practitioners everywhere.

You won't know you're defeated until you hear their battle cry, "So long, Chum!" ...but by then it's too late...
    Last edited by Mr. Loobner; 7/07/2010 8:20pm at . Reason: spelling+

Posted On:
    7/08/2010 3:37am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    :icon_sunn
    :ninjadanc:adios:

I can't do anymore then this. Sorry that you don't belive. I will have it on the web site the next time I up date it so you all can see the certificate.
    Till then check out
    www.wuma.uk.com:new_evil:
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 9101112 ... LastLast