solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    9/05/2007 1:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by boqa
    nor will I be submitting a rating in the overall sense of fairness.
    if you could take the time to read what the standards for the ratings are, and actually give an honest review, then it would be much more fair than what the other students from the school have done. people here review their own schools all the time. i know that when i did, i didn't feel the need to give my own school all "10"s.

I can state that I find the classes at 3TMA to be very "alive" and active.
    i hope you know that this is not what we mean when we rate a school in "aliveness" i suggest reading the following page for a good description of what we are talking about: http://www.straightblastgym.com/newbook.htm
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    9/05/2007 3:01pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My main instructor (Bruce Ward - Spokane, WA
    I'm in Spokane, WA. Does Mr. Ward have a school here? Does he train at a school here?

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    9/05/2007 3:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Google pulled up the following

Karate!
    FAIRCHILD AIR FORCE BASE, Wash. -- Shotokan Karate students prepare to complete Monday’s evening class. The free class, taught by Bruce Ward, is available at the Fitness Center 6-7:30 p.m. every Monday and Wednesday. Mr. Ward has 16 years of experience as a karate and self-defense instructor and holds a second-degree black belt in Shotokan Karate. He has trained in Hapkida, Judo and full-contact martial arts. His class focuses on self-discipline, self-defense and self-motivation.
    Is this your instructor, Ms. Pitassi?

Posted On:
    2/02/2008 7:37am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing, Wrestling, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Three Tigers

After reading this tread and having seen these folks, here are my personal observations, for what it's worth: Lots of cheerleading and unrealistic fighting.

Average Joe
    Last edited by Average Joe; 2/02/2008 7:47am at . Reason: Change of heart

Posted On:
    3/24/2011 4:29pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Long ago

I heard about this issue from Penny long ago and just now had the stomach to read thru it. I am not a social network kind of a person, in fact most people say I am not social at all. But after reading all of posts, even the ones wondering who I was..( way wicked funny by the way) I was thinking that if that individual had walked into my Dojo and wrote those comments, what would I do. Then I thought about a call I got from one of my former students and he told he that the anti-knife techniques I taught him saved his life in Afgan. I know this for sure, his life is way too important to me as a former student and a friend for me to worry about what some JR BB thinks. My son Joey would love to spar this guy.

S.Bruce Ward

Posted On:
    3/24/2011 5:32pm

Style: Much striking, SAMBO, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce2Dan View Post
    I heard about this issue from Penny long ago and just now had the stomach to read thru it. I am not a social network kind of a person, in fact most people say I am not social at all. But after reading all of posts, even the ones wondering who I was..( way wicked funny by the way) I was thinking that if that individual had walked into my Dojo and wrote those comments, what would I do. Then I thought about a call I got from one of my former students and he told he that the anti-knife techniques I taught him saved his life in Afgan. I know this for sure, his life is way too important to me as a former student and a friend for me to worry about what some JR BB thinks. My son Joey would love to spar this guy.

S.Bruce Ward
    Don't supposed you would care to verify that would you?

Posted On:
    3/24/2011 6:34pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Doudt

Never doubt the truth, I have been doing this for 30 years, not responsible for your mistrust.

:NewspaperGuy:

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    3/24/2011 6:47pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Never doubt the truth
    prove that it is true.

and WTF is "DOUDT"?

12th level logic wielder

Posted On:
    3/24/2011 6:47pm

Style: BJJ, judo, rapier

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Never doubt the truth, I have been doing this for 30 years, not responsible for your mistrust.
    Since you said it on the internet, after all, it must be the truth. It’s not like people come on here and lie, or exaggerate, or misjudge. Not on the internet.
    [ petterhaggholm.net | blog | essays ]
    [ self defence: general thoughts | bjj: “don’t go to the ground”? ]
    “The plural of anecdote is anecdotes, not data.”

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/24/2011 7:02pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry, three year later I don't believe this part:
    [quote]
    for me to worry about what some JR BB thinks.
    [/B]
    S.Bruce Ward
    You are worried if you are talking about your sons sparring prowess versus some internet ghost.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 10 LastLast