Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

AK: Giving new meaning to the word "Unfair."

Posted On:
    8/16/2007 2:01pm

Style: Out-Of-Shape MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I never said I wanted my points addressed. As the owner of your school, your viewpoint is hardly objective.

And my girlfriend WAS looking for a school to practice martial arts. Your school simply failed to meet her standards for martial proficiency.

Also, I'm not sure why you feel my name is some form of internet mask. I am an Airman 1st Class, and my name is Kai. It's really quite simple.

Posted On:
    8/16/2007 2:12pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you for the perspective Penny.

Any comment on the 'local karate authorities' ?
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    8/23/2007 1:44pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3TMA
    But you spent less than a total of 90 minutes in my school and that doesn't qualify you to pass judgment on what we are teaching or how we are teaching it.

How long does a person have to spend at your school before they are qualified to pass judgment on what you are teaching and how you are teaching it?
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    8/23/2007 2:21pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=48577

These are our guidelines for the numbering system on he reviews.

How would you rate your own school, if you adhere to those standards?

Also, Kai, upon re-reading those standards is there anything in your review you would alter? Also, is there any pre-exsiting relationship between your school and this school you'd care to disclaim at this point?

Keeping in mind, we rate primarily the quality of fighting being taught at the facility - personal growth of the students and business success of the instructor are WONDERFUL but not the focus of these reviews. (by the way I, personally, as a Gorden Gecco type, think it is a capitalistic masterstroke that you have your students PROUD of how much they pay and how far they drive, good work on the marketing)

Also, pedigree is wonderful to have in the world of martial arts, but it doesn't really speak overly to practice. Defending his critique of YOUR curriculum by saying "I learned from a guy who learned from X so stuff it" is not, I hope, the best you can do.

Also, you don't really teach a drop into a low stance as a rear choke counter, do you? Because that's literally like teaching a student to defend punches by parrying them with his nose.
    Last edited by JohnnyCache; 8/23/2007 2:24pm at .
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Posted On:
    8/23/2007 2:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=48577
    Also, Kai, upon re-reading those standards is there anything in your review you would alter? Also, is there any pre-exsiting relationship between your school and this school you'd care to disclaim at this point?
    Taking great care to adhere STRICTLY to the rating guidelines, I have indeed changed my ratings. Equipment and Gym Size were upgraded from 5 to 6, and weapons were downgraded to 1.

My gym has a karate program that I am not affiliated with. Therefore, I had no prior bias against this scool before I went and saw SEVERAL classes, and had my girlfriend's FIRSTHAND experience. This review is as close to an objective view as can be reasonably achieved.

My main concern at this point is that with the other review in this thread averaging with mine, this school looks to be, at first glance, a decent one, which it is most assuredly not.
    Last edited by Airman Kai; 8/23/2007 3:01pm at .

Banished to Fort Worth

Posted On:
    8/23/2007 3:07pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Uhm... usjedi... Would you mind posting some video for us of the full contact, full range sparring in minimal safety equipment that qualifies your friend's gym for a 10 in the Aliveness category?

Anything will do, really. Doesn't even have to be particularly good. In fact, even if it's awful, at least it shows aliveness. You shouldn't have any trouble finding any considering that they do it regularly, right?
    Last edited by sdave; 9/08/2007 12:01pm at . Reason: Multiple inflated reviews. Will remove scores when reviewers revise theirs.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    That is exactly what I meant sdave. You are dead on, as usual.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/23/2007 3:54pm

Style: Crappling (BJJ Hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Doubt you will see any video's. Sounds like a typical, less than stellar, borderline (if it isnt already) McDojo. Complete with loyal deluded followers.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    8/23/2007 3:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sdave
    Uhm... usjedi... Would you mind posting some video for us of the full contact, full range sparring in minimal safety equipment that qualifies your friend's gym for a 10 in the Aliveness category?
    or even some video from any class showing the students doing drills with progressive resistance, culminating in using the techniques in free sparring with full resistance.

you know... alive training
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    8/23/2007 9:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've sent the owner this email.
    Ms Pitassi,

It has come to my attention that you vehemently disagree with a review of your school posted on Bullshido - The No BS Martial Arts Community. Although I stand by my original assesment, I like to keep an open mind, and would like to give you the chance to have an effective rebuttal. If you agree, I would be more than happy to document (on camera) all occassions where my review was incorrect, as well as any personal statements you may have to add. In this way, you an be given the oppurtunity to disprove my reiview of your school.

Also, you seem to have mistakenly assumed that I somehow represent the Karate program on East Main Street, but in all honesty, the last time I took karate was age 9. Also, I find it highly insulting that you think my visit was some sort of sting operation on your school.

Again, If you wish, I will gladly come an video-document anything you wish me to see in an effort to disprove my evaluation of your school.

Respectfully,
    A1C Kai Kennedy

Banished to Fort Worth

Posted On:
    8/23/2007 9:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I sincerely doubt anything will come of it. However, I'll be suitably impressed (and admonished) if she does step up and allow you to take some video.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    That is exactly what I meant sdave. You are dead on, as usual.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast