226265 Bullies, 4251 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 71 to 80 of 82
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 9 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Juzzyforce is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12

    Posted On:
    7/24/2013 12:43pm


     Style: GOJU Karate

    -2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    What exactly was the evidence you posted?
    Hi, Yeah check out this link, its Sensei Peter Urban's "Last Will and Testament" - "Who Will Take My PLace When I am Gone?" - sensei Platt is noted on Page 3, "Wallace Platt of Canada will always be an untouchable and head of his own country"

    http://americangoju.com/urban_spks7-03p1.html
  2. catfishaggie is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Tx
    Posts
    700

    Posted On:
    7/24/2013 12:45pm


     Style: BJJ

    -1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Juzzyforce View Post
    I have stated what I know. I enjoy my dojo and really respect my Sensei (Skoryk), and its hard to see all these bashings (no matter how old they are). Like I said I google sensei Platt and this is the first thing that pops up - how would you feel.
    How would I feel? The same as I do now, I wouldn't give a **** because what people said two years ago does not have a bearing on the present nor what I get enjoyment out of.

    Why are you googling your sensei anyways? If you have been enjoying/enjoyed your time why even bother looking on the web for **** to stir? Don't give me that "I'm defending my org/dojang" bullshit either. Something either happened or was said that made you itching to start a fight over a non fight from two years ago. Are you really the sensei?
  3. OwlMatt is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    890

    Posted On:
    7/24/2013 12:48pm


     Style: aikido

    -1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Juzzyforce View Post
    I have stated what I know. I enjoy my dojo and really respect my Sensei (Skoryk), and its hard to see all these bashings (no matter how old they are). Like I said I google sensei Platt and this is the first thing that pops up - how would you feel.
    I have highlighted some important words in hopes of explaining why you've received such a rude reception here.

    Bullshido is all about truth. The annoying thing about truth is that it doesn't care what you enjoy, it doesn't care whom you respect, and it doesn't care how you feel. It's just truth. You are entitled to your own opinion and your own feelings, but not to your own truth.

    What facts do you have that indicate that anything that has been said in this thread about Platt or his organization is false? We may be assholes here, but we're not ignorant: if you have any relevant, concrete information, we're happy to hear it. If you don't, and you're just here to tell us how you feel, prepare for more abuse.
  4. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,998

    Posted On:
    7/24/2013 1:01pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    -1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Juzzyforce View Post
    how would you feel. So what if I did jump on here and make some posts to a 2 year old thread - its not against the law to do so, and if this website didn't like it, then they should have closed this topic for any futher discussion.
    Wow your ignorance is strong. No one said you couldn't reply. What was said is, pay attention, your claim of " people really want to keep burning this topic to death...." is a lie. The thread was nearly two years old and the only reason it is back is because of YOU. Everything else is a straw man argument.


    Ok - I am not even replying to your posts anymore, you clearly have a hate on, and the people I was referring to about this being a hot topic is obviously ppl like you. My posts are quite passive and explanatory, yours are very heated and agressive - you really need to chill out dude.
    How the hell is a 21 month old thread a hot topic? I like how your rants stay at 500+ words, while he is heated and aggressive.


    I think it did, I raised some points and had my say - nothing more anyone could ask really.
    Interesting, now they aren't facts.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 7/24/2013 1:39pm at .
  5. Permalost is offline
    Permalost's Avatar

    pro nonsense self defense

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,566

    Posted On:
    7/24/2013 1:34pm

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Juzzyforce View Post
    Hi, Yeah check out this link, its Sensei Peter Urban's "Last Will and Testament" - "Who Will Take My PLace When I am Gone?" - sensei Platt is noted on Page 3, "Wallace Platt of Canada will always be an untouchable and head of his own country"

    http://americangoju.com/urban_spks7-03p1.html
    What exactly does that mean? He also says Sensei James Price is untouchable. Is it a good or a bad thing?
  6. Vieux Normand is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,271

    Posted On:
    7/24/2013 3:37pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Juzzyforce View Post
    I think it did, I raised some points...
    ...and they certainly were original.Nobody's ever logged into this site to present the very same points, about their org, that you did.

    Not. Ever.

    ...and had my say - nothing more anyone could ask really.
    That depends on their standards. Yours are clear.
  7. Ignoscant is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    114

    Posted On:
    7/24/2013 8:04pm


     Style: Kickboxing/MuaiThai (new)

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://americangoju.com/urban_spks7-03p1.html

    What does Oss! mean anyway. Sorry; I never understood the MA formalities and it's an honest question. I do have some concerns though with this linked newsletter. It sounds awfully cult to me.



    Your Dojo is the greatest in your state. The United States of America is the greatest country in your world. (in your world?) Your dojo is very much like a church as far as I am concerned.
    There are countries wherein martial arts is a compulsory factor in everyones education. Starting from grade school on.
    What country is this? Perhaps I have missed the land of martial arts masters? I would very much like to visit a country where MA is trained to every individual from grade school.

    The reason why I consider the 2nd amendment to our constitution to be the most important is because anyone who would have the right to free speech who is armed anyway.
    What does this even mean? I have a gun there for I have the ability to be heard. You do not have a gun; there for you must not be heard.

    I'm not sure I understand any of this - what exactly has this been posted for? This man either has terrible English; which for the most part is acceptable as many people find English difficult as a second language. But even so I can't imagine the ideas being pressed through the language barrier are logical or even fruitful. This comes across as the ramblings of a man who is very deeply religious and bent on power via oppression.

    This does not fill me with confidence in the slightest.

    Edit: After reading onwards there seems to be some information about what 'untouchable' means.

    The question I always get is who takes my place or fills my shoes or takes over when I am gone. I shall give you his name right now: "Mr Nemo" (not the clown fish) will be the supreme founding grand patriarch (now that's a title) when my time comes.

    In the ancient Latin language the word (nemo) means nobody.

    Yes, that's correct. I have raised each and everyone of you who have in some cases been loyal and satisfied with me for over forty years, to be your own person and that your personal students will always be untouchable by anyone but you. They are your life's work as you are still part of my beloved life's work.
    To compound the confusion he then goes on to claim that he is 'the central point of reference or founder in my own country.'

    At first I thought this meant he founded the MA in his own country before bringing it over to USA. However he follows on to state:

    Only a democracy can follow my work. The college of Hanshis = 9th dans = the congress and the 10th dans will be viewed as the senate. They will form the government that follows a founder in this way only: "MAJORITY RULES".
    I can only believe that this is very poorly written English and what he's saying is he wants the club to be set up as a council based voting system after he departs.

    He then goes on:

    Our living Webmaster, Sensai James Price "Ol' Reliable' of Gojulandia South has a lifetime tenure and appointment by me. In short he will always be what I call "An Untouchable" when it comes to the internet and URBAN GOJUDO website.
    So I guess that covers the untouchable part. Kind of. I guess - the concern I guess would be the push towards being the 'leader of ones own country'. What exactly does this equate to? This is a very disconcerting sequence of statements; by the poster as well as the link.

    Are you saying that you are part of an army? Are you bound by the unity of the Dojo's somehow? Do you really believe that due to appointment by a man claiming to be authority that these people really are authority figures?

    Am I alone in feeling this is very cultish?
    Last edited by Ignoscant; 7/24/2013 8:31pm at .
  8. 2groggy is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    306

    Posted On:
    7/24/2013 9:22pm


     Style: Judo & BJJ hacker

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Juzzyforce View Post
    Hi, Yeah check out this link, its Sensei Peter Urban's "Last Will and Testament" - "Who Will Take My PLace When I am Gone?" - sensei Platt is noted on Page 3, "Wallace Platt of Canada will always be an untouchable and head of his own country"

    http://americangoju.com/urban_spks7-03p1.html
    I trained at one of the good CMAC dojos around the time the Peter Urban died. (Yes there are good CMAC dojos, but the organization is whacked out.). But back to the point... Do you not find this, combined with WP's sudden rank inflation leading up to that time as troublesome? It actually made me think worse of Peter Urban, rather than better than WP.

    IMO, any rank promotion beyond third dan is either politically or financially motivated. One way or the other, this untouchable status smells bad.
  9. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,998

    Posted On:
    7/25/2013 4:01pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Culled:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=121416
    Infraction will be issued starting now.
  10. Vieux Normand is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,271

    Posted On:
    7/25/2013 4:13pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

    4
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignoscant View Post
    It means that somebody knows how to neither properly pronounce, nor render in romaji, the multipurpose sports-related Japanese acknowledgement "OSU!"
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 9 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.