Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 89 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/23/2013 11:13am

Style: GOJU Karate

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Look dude, catfishaggie posted for the first time in this thread where you reply. He's not debating you at all, so it seems you're the one with crappy debate skills.

Where is your evidence for your claims, by the way?

Read above, I quote websites, and the testament written by Sensei Peter Urban - look above and read carefully - check out the testament yourself - its legit.

You're clearly the one bringing your personal feelings to the debate here. You're complaining at one guy for something that some other people said over a year ago.

I am not bringing personal feeling to the debate at all, I am sticking to facts and my side of the debate. Catfishaggie has posted a response to one of my posts clearly taking the side of the debate which is opposite to mine - do I need to explain this?

Follow your own advice.
    As I have said, I have advised as to websites and the testament of Sensei Urban, again, please read more carefully - thanks

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/23/2013 11:18am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by catfishaggie View Post
    You came into a thread that has been silent for two years only to say "oh yeah but not my dojo, so quit beating a dead horse". What others have told you but you refuse to listen to is that the horse was buried two years ago and no one gives a ****.

You are debating IIF over your own fallacies and yet I need to study debate?

I'm not that one being emotional, you are brah.
    Fair enough - I can see where you are coming from. I google Wallace Platt and this thread is the first thing that comes up. Sensei Platt appears to have the opinion that others' opinions are their own and they can believe what they want - why argue. So I just feel that on CMAC's and Sensei Platt's behalf I should say something, or at least just make some points that are contrary to the majority of negative posts on this thread - that's all, I actually wasn't really expecting ppl to get too hot over it all.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/23/2013 11:21am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    You do. I can point out every logical fallacy you used if you'd like. It'll bore everyone, but me, to death.

Irony.

More Irony.
    Irony??? logical fallacy - I have made some solid points with backing evidence quoted, please explain your thoughts dude.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/23/2013 11:55am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Juzzyforce View Post
    Fair enough - I can see where you are coming from. I google Wallace Platt and this thread is the first thing that comes up. Sensei Platt appears to have the opinion that others' opinions are their own and they can believe what they want - why argue. So I just feel that on CMAC's and Sensei Platt's behalf I should say something, or at least just make some points that are contrary to the majority of negative posts on this thread - that's all, I actually wasn't really expecting ppl to get too hot over it all.
    You are the only one hot over it, no one else cares not even your own Sensei gives a **** about a two year old thread. What he understands that you don't, it's his choice and job to defend his name or org, not yours. You stated your experience, that is the extent of what you can say, not defend the org. I couldn't give two shits about any of this, it's your attitude. Did you even bother going to newbietown and making an introduction or just decided to necro a two year old thread?

Oh, the irony is that you came here, jump on people (from two years ago) about beating some dead horse of how not all dojos in the org is the same and so they shouldn't. After being told that no one cares you are doing the exact same thing by beating a dead horse......irony.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    7/23/2013 12:20pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Irony??? logical fallacy - I have made some solid points with backing evidence quoted, please explain your thoughts dude.
    What exactly was the evidence you posted?

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/23/2013 3:47pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You haven't provided evidence, you have provided anecdotes. Just because someone attains rank doesn't mean they are automatically legit.

That is a logical fallacy. Fran Dux, Ashida Kim, Sin Kwan The, and Olaf Simon have all attained high rank, ran successful schools, businesses or made movies and then had their deception discovered. These people had multiple good reviews, even from respected Martial Artists and it doesn't change the outcome.
    So, this:
    I'm just saying he couldn't have gotton where he is like that (recognition of that calibur from Sensei Urban) if he was "Bullshido".
    Is a logical fallacy. You are drawing a conclusion that is not definitively true.

As to the irony, everything you stated was opinions and anecdotes. Yes, even the quote by Urban. Then you write a diatribe telling people NOT do the same thing. Yes, that's also hypocrisy.

Posted On:
    7/24/2013 9:42am

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So I just feel that on CMAC's and Sensei Platt's behalf I should say something...
    That certainly turned out well, didn't it?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/24/2013 11:31am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by catfishaggie View Post
    You are the only one hot over it, no one else cares not even your own Sensei gives a **** about a two year old thread. What he understands that you don't, it's his choice and job to defend his name or org, not yours. You stated your experience, that is the extent of what you can say, not defend the org. I couldn't give two shits about any of this, it's your attitude. Did you even bother going to newbietown and making an introduction or just decided to necro a two year old thread?

Oh, the irony is that you came here, jump on people (from two years ago) about beating some dead horse of how not all dojos in the org is the same and so they shouldn't. After being told that no one cares you are doing the exact same thing by beating a dead horse......irony.
    I have stated what I know. I enjoy my dojo and really respect my Sensei (Skoryk), and its hard to see all these bashings (no matter how old they are). Like I said I google sensei Platt and this is the first thing that pops up - how would you feel. So what if I did jump on here and make some posts to a 2 year old thread - its not against the law to do so, and if this website didn't like it, then they should have closed this topic for any futher discussion.

Ok - I am not even replying to your posts anymore, you clearly have a hate on, and the people I was referring to about this being a hot topic is obviously ppl like you. My posts are quite passive and explanatory, yours are very heated and agressive - you really need to chill out dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    That certainly turned out well, didn't it?
    I think it did, I raised some points and had my say - nothing more anyone could ask really.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/24/2013 11:35am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You have yet to see aggressiveness. So pull your panties out your *****, it must be getting raw.

If you would have taken the time to introduced yourself, lurk a bit and read the stickies you would understand how things go around here instead of acting like an ass and calling anyone that disagrees with you aggressive.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    7/24/2013 12:25pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok - I am not even replying to your posts anymore, you clearly have a hate on, and the people I was referring to about this being a hot topic is obviously ppl like you. My posts are quite passive and explanatory, yours are very heated and agressive - you really need to chill out dude.
    Your posts are not passive, but catfishaggie's are.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 89 LastLast