221261 Bullies, 3843 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 51 to 60 of 82
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 789 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Juzzyforce is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12

    Posted On:
    7/19/2013 11:56am


     Style: GOJU Karate

    -7
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    You really want to split hairs? Okay.

    Yep, that's you defending the organization and your dojo.


    Ask yourself that when NO ONE WAS POSTING until YOU decided to post and then CONTINUE POSTING. Like I said burning desire.
    That is not me defending my dojo, I was making a point that as the dojos are individually owned, ppl with a problem against the organization should not affect every independently owned dojo within that organization - or do ppl not understand what the words "independently owned" truly mean?

    Other facts I have posted in defence to the organization are exactly that facts. I am not disputing that there have been (at least 1) business lawsuite within the organization, Sensei Platt being the head of the organization - of course was involved. Businesses (no matter what type) all have ups and downs and sadly those downs are lawsuites and other such disputes. THe facts that I have previously stated are undeniable facts, in support of Sensei Platt's and CMAC's credibility, so please ppl, everyone has had their say.

    If the organization still bothers some ppl, then that's their personal and individual opinions, which have been stated on this forum and repeated numerous times, most of which is hearsay information anyways. To continue using this forum to bash the credibility of good dojos, is not cool.

    There are other dojos out there, that use UFC to promote martial arts, use new students to spar against older students and get the older students better at fighting, while weeding out all the new students that "dont quite make the cut". These dojos are (in my opinion) disgraceful, as they teach a bunch of moves that are taught on the spot and not learned (proper body mechanics, breathing, repetition of practice etc.) - so these ppl really have no self defence skills - point sparring is pointless (Sensei Yamaguchi regreted creating this type of sparring) as a light hit to the ribs because you are a little too out of range should not count as a point - and a victory, as in reality your attacker would be still coming at you. Maybe ppl can start a thread on these types of dojos - there are plenty about, and undermine the martial way.
  2. Vieux Normand is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,294

    Posted On:
    7/19/2013 12:10pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Juzzyforce View Post
    I have no need to defend my dojo, but I will defend its organization.
    So...you choose to belong to a dojo which needs no defense, but this dojo chooses to belong to an organization which (in your view) needs defense. You don't see a problem here?

    Sensei Peter Urban just before he died stated that "Wallace Platt of Canada will always be an untouchable
    .

    "Untouchable"? What is this, a Hollywood take on Elliot Ness and Al Capone? Welcome to the non-movie world, where nobody is "untouchable".

    Sensei Urban left Canada under the Goju leadership of Sensei Platt - how can anyone continue this post?
    CMAC version of "GoJu leadership" perhaps. Do you really think an entire country is beholden to one organization's take on GoJu lineage?
  3. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,754

    Posted On:
    7/20/2013 11:21am

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    -1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Juzzyforce View Post
    or do ppl not understand what the words "independently owned" truly mean?
    Hmmmmm...... Apparently you don't because you keep saying garbage like this:

    To continue using this forum to bash the credibility of good dojos, is not cool.
    So how does this work? People talk bad about a organization, which by proxy dings the good dojos, but you aren't defending your specific school when you say you are from a positive school? You do understand that pushing the point that they are independently owned, then expecting people to buy the "leave the org alone there are good schools within" is contradictory right?

    There are other dojos out there, that use UFC to promote martial arts, use new students to spar against older students and get the older students better at fighting, while weeding out all the new students that "dont quite make the cut". These dojos are (in my opinion) disgraceful, as they teach a bunch of moves that are taught on the spot and not learned (proper body mechanics, breathing, repetition of practice etc.) - so these ppl really have no self defence skills - point sparring is pointless (Sensei Yamaguchi regreted creating this type of sparring) as a light hit to the ribs because you are a little too out of range should not count as a point - and a victory, as in reality your attacker would be still coming at you. Maybe ppl can start a thread on these types of dojos - there are plenty about, and undermine the martial way.
    Too many logical fallacies to count. The main one is, people were talking about this org not all of the other ones you just ridiculed.
  4. Juzzyforce is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12

    Posted On:
    7/22/2013 12:17pm


     Style: GOJU Karate

    -1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    So...you choose to belong to a dojo which needs no defense, but this dojo chooses to belong to an organization which (in your view) needs defense. You don't see a problem here?

    .

    "Untouchable"? What is this, a Hollywood take on Elliot Ness and Al Capone? Welcome to the non-movie world, where nobody is "untouchable".



    CMAC version of "GoJu leadership" perhaps. Do you really think an entire country is beholden to one organization's take on GoJu lineage?
    Not my words - the words of Sensei Peter Urban - are you going to slag him off now???
  5. catfishaggie is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Tx
    Posts
    699

    Posted On:
    7/22/2013 12:32pm


     Style: BJJ

    -1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Juzzyforce View Post
    Not my words - the words of Sensei Peter Urban - are you going to slag him off now???
    I'm not going to slag off that guy but I'm going to slag you off.

    Do you have anything to say other than we don't know **** on a thread that had been silent for two years? Well, silent until you came along with your panties in a bunch with your fallacies and shitty debate skills.
  6. Juzzyforce is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12

    Posted On:
    7/22/2013 12:33pm


     Style: GOJU Karate

    -1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Hmmmmm...... Apparently you don't because you keep saying garbage like this:

    So how does this work? People talk bad about a organization, which by proxy dings the good dojos, but you aren't defending your specific school when you say you are from a positive school? You do understand that pushing the point that they are independently owned, then expecting people to buy the "leave the org alone there are good schools within" is contradictory right?


    Too many logical fallacies to count. The main one is, people were talking about this org not all of the other ones you just ridiculed.
    I can see what you are saying - I am not defending my school though. However, by nature of this post, to a degree I am defending the org. Like I said, I do not know Sensei Platt very well, however there is Sensei Urban's testament quoted above. I'm just saying he couldn't have gotton where he is like that (recognition of that calibur from Sensei Urban) if he was "Bullshido". Like previous statements - every org has its ups/down etc etc. - so it just seems to me, that ppl have raised their concerns against the org and Sensei Platt - have been provided some counter information to think about, yet seem to blindly continue to discredit Sensei Platt and CMAC, without any additional informaiton of their saide of the debate, critical of other ppl's points of view, without any supporting material (only opinions), yet on the other hand/side of the debate, I and others have mentioned supporting evidence in favour of Sensei Platt and/or CMAC.

    If you have a fav restaurant where you live, where everyone knows who you are, the waitresses are hot and friendly - food is always awesome. Then you travel and go to the same restaraunt in a different city - the food is terrible, service was lousy etc. - You aren't going to return to your city and avoid your fav restaraunt - would you? You wouldnt need to defend that restaraunt if someone else had this experience - you dont now the oother restaurant very well - but they are all part of the same franchise, catch my drift?

    Maybe I shouldn't have bothered to post about other dojo's and that should have been used on another topic of conversation on a thread of its own. However the point I was trying to make is thsat those other dojos do exist, and in comparison to CMAC (who hold true to Sensei Yamaguchi's wish, regarding the point sparring issue) also take their time to organize the China trips to the Shaolin temples etc. Which is a lot more than many, many other dojos will do for their students - I guess that was the core of my previous point.
  7. Juzzyforce is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12

    Posted On:
    7/22/2013 12:46pm


     Style: GOJU Karate

    -1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by catfishaggie View Post
    I'm not going to slag off that guy but I'm going to slag you off.

    Do you have anything to say other than we don't know **** on a thread that had been silent for two years? Well, silent until you came along with your panties in a bunch with your fallacies and shitty debate skills.
    Fallacies and shitty debate skills? I bring up solid points to think about and quote evidence to support my side of the debate - others ppl (a.k.a. - you) seem to repeat a whole bunch of issues already discussed or just reply to the opposite side of the debate with opinions. No one can ever win an argument/debate using opinions buddy - now who has the shitty debate skills?

    You need to back up what you are saying with some supporting facts and information, not just reply with your own opinions and think you are awesome at arguing a debate. Also, there is no need to try and get personal towards somebody on the opposite side of an argument - you are upset about the issues of the argument, not the other person - which is also a terrible mistake to bring personal feelings into a debate. You dont see lawyers crying at trial because their client goes to jail - the debate and issues at hand are what is important - not the other person standing up to what they believe.

    So, if you are going to continune to reply, do so without getting personal, and back up your arguments - do not just opinionate, otherwise we are all just spinning our wheels here.
  8. Permalost is online now
    Permalost's Avatar

    pro nonsense self defense

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,505

    Posted On:
    7/22/2013 2:21pm

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Juzzyforce View Post
    Fallacies and shitty debate skills? I bring up solid points to think about and quote evidence to support my side of the debate - others ppl (a.k.a. - you) seem to repeat a whole bunch of issues already discussed or just reply to the opposite side of the debate with opinions. No one can ever win an argument/debate using opinions buddy - now who has the shitty debate skills?
    Look dude, catfishaggie posted for the first time in this thread where you reply. He's not debating you at all, so it seems you're the one with crappy debate skills.

    You need to back up what you are saying with some supporting facts and information, not just reply with your own opinions and think you are awesome at arguing a debate.
    Where is your evidence for your claims, by the way?

    Also, there is no need to try and get personal towards somebody on the opposite side of an argument - you are upset about the issues of the argument, not the other person - which is also a terrible mistake to bring personal feelings into a debate.
    You're clearly the one bringing your personal feelings to the debate here. You're complaining at one guy for something that some other people said over a year ago.

    So, if you are going to continune to reply, do so without getting personal, and back up your arguments - do not just opinionate, otherwise we are all just spinning our wheels here.
    Follow your own advice.
  9. catfishaggie is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Tx
    Posts
    699

    Posted On:
    7/22/2013 2:30pm


     Style: BJJ

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Juzzyforce View Post
    Fallacies and shitty debate skills? I bring up solid points to think about and quote evidence to support my side of the debate - others ppl (a.k.a. - you) seem to repeat a whole bunch of issues already discussed or just reply to the opposite side of the debate with opinions. No one can ever win an argument/debate using opinions buddy - now who has the shitty debate skills?

    You need to back up what you are saying with some supporting facts and information, not just reply with your own opinions and think you are awesome at arguing a debate. Also, there is no need to try and get personal towards somebody on the opposite side of an argument - you are upset about the issues of the argument, not the other person - which is also a terrible mistake to bring personal feelings into a debate. You dont see lawyers crying at trial because their client goes to jail - the debate and issues at hand are what is important - not the other person standing up to what they believe.

    So, if you are going to continune to reply, do so without getting personal, and back up your arguments - do not just opinionate, otherwise we are all just spinning our wheels here.
    You came into a thread that has been silent for two years only to say "oh yeah but not my dojo, so quit beating a dead horse". What others have told you but you refuse to listen to is that the horse was buried two years ago and no one gives a ****.

    You are debating IIF over your own fallacies and yet I need to study debate?

    I'm not that one being emotional, you are brah.
  10. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,754

    Posted On:
    7/22/2013 2:32pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Juzzyforce View Post
    now who has the shitty debate skills?
    You do. I can point out every logical fallacy you used if you'd like. It'll bore everyone, but me, to death.

    You need to back up what you are saying with some supporting facts and information, not just reply with your own opinions and think you are awesome at arguing a debate.
    Irony.

    So, if you are going to continune to reply, do so without getting personal, and back up your arguments - do not just opinionate, otherwise we are all just spinning our wheels here.
    More Irony.
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 789 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.