Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 6789 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/19/2011 7:55pm

Style: Aikijujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Good Reason View Post

Also, let's put an end to the ignorance and stop calling CMAC a cult. You may as well call hockey a cult but you won't because a "team first" mentality is something you can understand. A classical dojo culture is not easy to understand for North Americans but just because you are too short sighted to see the intention behind the spiritual training doesn't make it a cult. Calling CMAC a cult is like saying the Japanese themselves are cultists.

Lastly, teaching seminars was something O'Sensei Richard Kim did exclusively.
    'Classical dojo culture'? That's funny, japanese behave the way they do because of their culture not because of the 'dojo', north americans, or anyone for that matter can understand it, it doesn't mean you have to pretend you are japanese on the mat to be any better, or gain any deeper understanding of an art, and generally the higher japanophile quotient the poorer the training actually is. The whole 'japaneseness of it lends it credibility to the ignorant eye, when the training doesn't.

As for calling someone O'Sensei so-and-so, how great a japanese environment are you exposed to when the honorifics are used in such a screwed up manner? the japanese would look at that construction and have a good laugh, it's wrong in many ways, but because you aren't japanese, or have an understanding of the language at even a basic level, you've used japanese words and misused them into a western/english language construction. So think about that when you train in your 'classical dojo' and consider that many of those trappings that are so important to you may just in fact be bastardisations that are misunderstood and misused.

Posted On:
    3/19/2011 9:48pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Goju Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    generally the higher japanophile quotient the poorer the training actually is.
    Although I agree with you that the abuse of what you called a "higher japanophile quotient" is currently rampant in order to solicit artificial credibility, this is not the case with ALL schools. Please be careful when you make a blanket statement like that.
    As for calling someone O'Sensei so-and-so...
    Please see the following link:
    http://fightingarts.com/reading/article.php?id=269

Posted On:
    3/27/2011 9:46am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Goju Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    generally the higher japanophile quotient the poorer the training actually is.
    Although I agree with you regarding very many schools that abuse the the "japanophile quotient" to gain false credibility, this is not the case with ALL schools and I would thank you to not be so general in your statements.

Regarding O'Sensei...please read here: http://www.fightingarts.com/reading/article.php?id=269

Posted On:
    9/21/2011 12:18pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: GOJU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Walley Platt is his own god - he worships himself... and if you don't follow he will hurt you either emotionaly or physically maybe both and definately in you bank account.
    I trained in his dojo's in the 80' & early 90's and what nobody bothers to mention when discredditing him is the camera's he liked to put in in the Girls/womens change/shower rooms
    He gets his zombies to do his dirty work.
    Just to keep his own hand clean!!

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/21/2011 12:26pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Radz View Post
    Walley Platt is his own god - he worships himself... and if you don't follow he will hurt you either emotionaly or physically maybe both and definately in you bank account.
    I trained in his dojo's in the 80' & early 90's and what nobody bothers to mention when discredditing him is the camera's he liked to put in in the Girls/womens change/shower rooms
    He gets his zombies to do his dirty work.
    Just to keep his own hand clean!!
    Proof? If not do not post this type of allegation.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/05/2013 2:23pm

Style: GOJU Karate

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow - you guys really have a hate on for CMAC. As said before every organization has its ups and downs, and as each dojo within CMAC is independently owned anyones problem with one dojo should not and does not effect another.

I have been training with Sensei Greg Skoryk in Waterloo, ON for many years now. He is in good standing on the butokudo.com site.

However, it only states that Sensei Skoryk is a Shodan - which is way wrong (now 6th degree black belt) - so don't believe everything you read on this site either, Sensei Dixon is apparently resigned (according to this site), yet he still runs the CMAC Beaches location. Possibly resigned as a member with Butokudo only.

As for Sensei Platt (dishonourably discharged - demoted to brown belt) what does that even mean - the site clearly states that he achieved the rank of Yondan (at least) how can one be dishourably discharged and demoted to 1st Kyu??? That doesn't take away your skill and experience in your martial art.

Regardless, I do not know Sensei Platt very well, but like I have said I train under Sensei Skoryk in Waterloo and train with Sensei Macdonald in the Kitchener dojo - who are really great ppl.

CMAC also goes over to China every couple of years and train with the Northern and Sepcifically Southern Shaolin. CMAC are committed to the classical side of their martial art (Goju) and its evolution from White Crane in China to Te in Okinawa to eventually Goju. THat is why the trips to the Shaolin temples are so unique as we are taking Goju back to its routes. How many other dojos are even bothered to organize such trips for their students to experience such a thing?

Plus, someone else mentioned on here a wopping amount to grade for black belt with CMAC. I am grading in a few months for my Shodan, and it's only gonna cost a little over $200 - which is reasonable. There are many other factors that CMAC requires for one to grade for black belt, including assisting with other classes, knowledgge of kata and bunkai, sparring, kake drills and much more.

So if people really want to keep burning this topic to death, then go ahead - everyone is entitled to their own opinion. As said before if there are any further negative remarks to Sensei Platt or this organization - back it up with some proof.

I am sure that I speak for all CMAC students when I say that CMAC are committed to ensuring excellence and high standards of martial art training.

Posted On:
    7/05/2013 2:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Juzzyforce View Post
    So if people really want to keep burning this topic to death...
    ...you wouldn't have to necro it?

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/05/2013 3:24pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow - you guys really have a hate on for CMAC. As said before every organization has its ups and downs, and as each dojo within CMAC is independently owned anyones problem with one dojo should not and does not effect another.

I have been training with Sensei Greg Skoryk in Waterloo, ON for many years now. He is in good standing on the butokudo.com site.

However, it only states that Sensei Skoryk is a Shodan - which is way wrong (now 6th degree black belt) - so don't believe everything you read on this site either, Sensei Dixon is apparently resigned (according to this site), yet he still runs the CMAC Beaches location. Possibly resigned as a member with Butokudo only.

As for Sensei Platt (dishonourably discharged - demoted to brown belt) what does that even mean - the site clearly states that he achieved the rank of Yondan (at least) how can one be dishourably discharged and demoted to 1st Kyu??? That doesn't take away your skill and experience in your martial art.

Regardless, I do not know Sensei Platt very well, but like I have said I train under Sensei Skoryk in Waterloo and train with Sensei Macdonald in the Kitchener dojo - who are really great ppl.

CMAC also goes over to China every couple of years and train with the Northern and Sepcifically Southern Shaolin. CMAC are committed to the classical side of their martial art (Goju) and its evolution from White Crane in China to Te in Okinawa to eventually Goju. THat is why the trips to the Shaolin temples are so unique as we are taking Goju back to its routes. How many other dojos are even bothered to organize such trips for their students to experience such a thing?

Plus, someone else mentioned on here a wopping amount to grade for black belt with CMAC. I am grading in a few months for my Shodan, and it's only gonna cost a little over $200 - which is reasonable. There are many other factors that CMAC requires for one to grade for black belt, including assisting with other classes, knowledgge of kata and bunkai, sparring, kake drills and much more.

So if people really want to keep burning this topic to death, then go ahead - everyone is entitled to their own opinion. As said before if there are any further negative remarks to Sensei Platt or this organization - back it up with some proof.

I am sure that I speak for all CMAC students when I say that CMAC are committed to ensuring excellence and high standards of martial art training.
    Our hate is so consuming, it took a nearly two year break?

Last post:
    9/21/2011 10:26am

So, let's be real, you want to defend your school and you have a burning desire to do so.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/09/2013 9:05pm

Style: GOJU Karate

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Our hate is so consuming, it took a nearly two year break?

Last post:
    9/21/2011 10:26am

So, let's be real, you want to defend your school and you have a burning desire to do so.
    I have no need to defend my dojo, but I will defend its organization. Sensei Peter Urban just before he died stated that "Wallace Platt of Canada will always be an untouchable and head of his own country" - Sensei Urban left Canada under the Goju leadership of Sensei Platt - how can anyone continue this post?

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/09/2013 9:48pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have no need to defend my dojo, but I will defend its organization.
    You really want to split hairs? Okay.
    as each dojo within CMAC is independently owned anyones problem with one dojo should not and does not effect another.

Yep, that's you defending the organization and your dojo.

how can anyone continue this post?
    Ask yourself that when NO ONE WAS POSTING until YOU decided to post and then CONTINUE POSTING. Like I said burning desire.
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 6789 LastLast