Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2010 10:43pm

Style: Judo & BJJ hacker

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GOJUryurocks View Post
    ... The various places for his training is specifically picked out for reasons based upon natural energy of a place. CMAC does various seminars in Toronto, as well as Waterton Lakes and Emerald Lake (Alberta and BC) which are rumoured to be some of the highest pure energy points in the world. ...
    OK, I read your drivel. This is total unadulterated bullshit. Seminars are a money making venture. If Platt teaches your sensei, why should you pay for a seminar in the land of fruits and nuts to learn what your sensei should already be teaching at your dojo?

How old are you? I can't decide whether you are a 13 year old girl or a 63 year old hippie that never got off the bus.

Stop drinking the cool-aid.

Edit - based on the lack of paragraphs, I'm leaning towards 13 year old girl. Hippies were nothing if not literate.

Posted On:
    10/18/2010 5:12am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Japanese GoJu Ryu

Hell yeah! Hell no!

The truth about Wallace Platt

Remember, Dan Rankings are merely pieces of Paper that you Hang on the Wall to impress potential new students in your Dojo. They do not necessarily Make you a better Person. Unfortunately as Wallace Platt advanced In rankings He became a different Person. A Thief !! for This reason Our Sensei ( Sensei Don Warrener ) has dishonorably discharged Him and taken away His 4th Yondan ranking.The rest of His so called Rankings were Purchased From Sensei Peter Urban for 1000usd a pop just before He passed away. Such a shame!! I'm positive if Sensei Urban was still with us He would do the same and strike Him of these Rankings. As did our Sensei. I've Known Wally Platt for 25 years and still find this hard to believe but it's true.:sad3:

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/18/2010 5:34am

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by karate-buzz View Post
    Remember, Dan Rankings are merely pieces of Paper that you Hang on the Wall to impress potential new students in your Dojo. They do not necessarily Make you a better Person. Unfortunately as Wallace Platt advanced In rankings He became a different Person. A Thief !! for This reason Our Sensei ( Sensei Don Warrener ) has dishonorably discharged Him and taken away His 4th Yondan ranking.The rest of His so called Rankings were Purchased From Sensei Peter Urban for 1000usd a pop just before He passed away. Such a shame!! I'm positive if Sensei Urban was still with us He would do the same and strike Him of these Rankings. As did our Sensei. I've Known Wally Platt for 25 years and still find this hard to believe but it's true.:sad3:
    Welcome to bullshido, we need proof of your claims in this Sub-forum. Martial Arts Ranks aren't military so saying "dishonorably discharged" is insulting to people who have actually served.

Posted On:
    10/24/2010 10:02pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shorin-Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Welcome to bullshido, we need proof of your claims in this Sub-forum. Martial Arts Ranks aren't military so saying "dishonorably discharged" is insulting to people who have actually served.
    The term "dishonorably discharged" was what used on the website below:
    http://butokudo.com/blackbelts.html#P

Wally Platt WAS a Black Belt under Sensei Warrener (my ex-Sensei's Sensei) so how he received his 9th Dan is beyond comprehension as Platt has never been to Okinawa (well, not for Karate anyways) nor has he trained under any reputable Japanese or Okinawan masters which can confirm the validity of his rank.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/25/2010 4:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hashishhanshi View Post
    From the same website:
    - Patrice Williams = expelled
    - Martin O'Connell = retired
    - Chet Dixon = retired

I believe that I've mentioned all of these names in some of my previous posts. Each of these people started a dojo under CMAC.

There was one other expulsion listed and numerous retirements, but I didn't recognize any of the names.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/25/2010 4:54pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hashishhanshi View Post
    ...and? He spoke as if he was there and it is still stupid regardless of where it came from. The poster still hasn't provided any proof of his claims.

Wally Platt WAS a Black Belt under Sensei Warrener (my ex-Sensei's Sensei) so how he received his 9th Dan is beyond comprehension as Platt has never been to Okinawa (well, not for Karate anyways) nor has he trained under any reputable Japanese or Okinawan masters which can confirm the validity of his rank.
    Is this where I go show you the terrible HoF orgs that allowed people to get 9th degree. According to who? There are many people who have never been to Brazil. I guess their BJJ Black Belts are ****. There are many Chinese Martial Art teachers who have never trained in China. I guess they should stop teaching.

Provide proof or stop posting.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/26/2010 6:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12194This article quotes about a paragraph of a newsletter written by Peter Urban shortly before his death. I read it at the time, If I recall correctly, he went on to deem certain instructors as masters of their geographical region. He deemed Wally Platt as the Grand Poobah of his style of GoJu Ryu for Canada. However, I seriously doubt that there was any mention of financial transactions in exchange for rank advancements.

Found a full copy - See half way down page 3.

http://americangoju.com/urban_spks7-03p1.html
    Last edited by 2groggy; 10/26/2010 6:29pm at .

Posted On:
    3/18/2011 8:38pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Goju Ryu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    CMAC has had its ups and downs but what organization doesn't during almost 30 years. Each school is independently owned and operated and every school has a unique feel based on the respective instructor. To have a bad experience with one and condemn the rest is childish.

As for Harry in the "CMAC Michigan" dojo, please stop referring to him in the same breath as CMAC. He hasn't been with CMAC for 11 years. He set his own price for black belt testing and it was not consistant with the rest of the organization.

Also, let's put an end to the ignorance and stop calling CMAC a cult. You may as well call hockey a cult but you won't because a "team first" mentality is something you can understand. A classical dojo culture is not easy to understand for North Americans but just because you are too short sighted to see the intention behind the spiritual training doesn't make it a cult. Calling CMAC a cult is like saying the Japanese themselves are cultists.

Seminars are a money making venture. If Platt teaches your sensei, why should you pay for a seminar in the land of fruits and nuts to learn what your sensei should already be teaching at your dojo?
    Lastly, teaching seminars was something O'Sensei Richard Kim did exclusively. To knock a student for attending a seminar from a master is like saying "you don't need to go and listen to Einstein, just wait for the text book". Being in the presence of ANY master is a privilege, even if it is the same information you can get at home.
    Last edited by Good Reason; 3/18/2011 8:43pm at . Reason: missed word

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/18/2011 9:56pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to bullshido.

Also, let's put an end to the ignorance and stop calling CMAC a cult. You may as well call hockey a cult but you won't because a "team first" mentality is something you can understand.
    Oh boy hot condescension.

A classical dojo culture is not easy to understand for North Americans but just because you are too short sighted to see the intention behind the spiritual training doesn't make it a cult. Calling CMAC a cult is like saying the Japanese themselves are cultists.
    Good lord two terrible comparisons in one post. Go somewhere else and trot out the "evil Noth Americans know nothing about real Japanese Dojo etiquette" garbage. . Also, quite a few of the so called "enlightened" masters have no clue and make up their own hodge podge of western based "Japanese spirituality."
    Being in the presence of ANY master is a privilege, even if it is the same information you can get at home.
    As there have been many Masters busted as frauds or teaching fraudulent material this statement is completely and utterly false.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/19/2011 2:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Good Reason View Post
    CMAC has had its ups and downs but what organization doesn't during almost 30 years. Each school is independently owned and operated and every school has a unique feel based on the respective instructor. To have a bad experience with one and condemn the rest is childish.
    I do agree about the ups and downs. As I have posted above, I had a good experience with the High Park dojo, and suggest it to those who view the style as their cup of tea. But the BS meter is off the scale with the organization as whole.

There seems to be a continual stream of CMAC or ex-CMAC students that come here, necro this same thread, post twice and then disappear. You are welcome to stick around. Go over to Newbietown and post an introduction thread. And maybe, you can tell us a bit about the dojo where you train.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast