Monkey Knife Fight!

Posted On:
    12/26/2007 10:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Vee,
    Which school did you formerly train at? I technically trained at the school in London, but I was actually attending the school in Oxford Michigan. The instructor was actually a pretty cool guy, but I think he was so far in that he couldn't see what was going on around him.

Posted On:
    12/27/2007 10:19pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlowsLikeGlue
    Hey do these guys look legit, or are they pure bullshido?

http://cmac1.com/backgrou.htm

http://cmac1.com/background_of_sensei_jonathan_ke.htm

This guy is a keeper! Give him all your money at once and keep in mind those destinations he travels to might even have a few martial arts around after the pig roast and the few odd tokens given out at the Shaolin Temple. What a guy.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    12/28/2007 2:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Crazy Monkey, BJJ, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Honestly, these guys are one of the biggest McDojo's going around here. I live in Burlington now, and could tell you a few stories about this group. Suffice to say, stay clear from them.

Posted On:
    1/05/2009 10:35am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Goju

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Guys.

Sorry to Bump an old topic, but I thought I would weigh in.

I trained at a former CMAC dojo in Woodstock, on and it was a good traditional Goju School. We went to one or two tournaments a year and Tourney training was not even focused on.

The Woodstock school left CMAC several years back (as did a number of their schools) when they saw the cash grab by Wallace Platt in his "Master Key" system for grading to shodan and beyond.

So in essence, I am saying that at one time you could find decent Karate at some CMAC dojos but those dojo left CMAC over the years.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2009 7:23pm

Style: Genbukan Ninpo Bugei

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL! I was part of CMAC for a three classes. Ive heard all sorts of bad stories about them...including anti semetic stories. I heard the Master Key system is racist or something lol. Man...

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/12/2009 3:21am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: muay thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would like to hear the anti semetic stories

These guys just scream fraud. The master key seminar costs $500 and sensei platt just plays 12 hours worth of tapes on a conference room and gives a brief summary after each 1 hour video. It was boring as hell and for $15 you can buy the book The Master Key which was far more informative. Their fees are really high and things were really weird when all of these long standing members just disppaeared 1 by 1 with nothing positive to say about cmac. cmac is a cult

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/12/2009 10:41am

Style: Genbukan Ninpo Bugei

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had heard, or rather read, on the internet, that the Master Key System was anti semetic. I had never really spoken to someone about it, until years later. What I was told was that during the Master Key thing, Platt randomly said "The only people who weren't in the World Trade Center, when it fell, were the Jews"...

LOL.

I ain't kidding, and the guy who told me had a dan ranking there, until he left.

Monkey Knife Fight!

Posted On:
    1/12/2009 8:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The fees for everything in the CMAC were were pretty ridiculous. My monthly tuition was only about 50 usd a month, but CMAC membership was a few hundred a year on top of that. I had to pay 200 usd for my blackbelt test with my teacher in Michigan, but then I found out that I also had to go to Toronto for the "official" test which was going to cost me close to 1000 usd. There was no way I could afford that as a college student working part time as Subway, so I quit a few months before I was scheduled to go.

Posted On:
    1/19/2009 7:19pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I visited CMAC dojo in Toronto Beaches.
    The salesmen who met me said he had trained at the Shao-lin temple. Evasive about his actual training, he had no idea knew his teacher and his teachers teacher since they were beginners.
    I was embarrased for him.
    Platt continues his 'skirting the law' at least non-ethical sales procedures....... C Mac should be studied as a "what to avoid in Canada" scenario.

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    1/20/2009 12:35pm

Style: Judo, JJJ, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by al miyagi
    I visited CMAC dojo in Toronto Beaches.
    The salesmen who met me said he had trained at the Shao-lin temple. Evasive about his actual training, he had no idea knew his teacher and his teachers teacher since they were beginners.
    I was embarrased for him.
    Platt continues his 'skirting the law' at least non-ethical sales procedures....... C Mac should be studied as a "what to avoid in Canada" scenario.
    That's funny, because I saw something from the Canadian courts in regards to this guy amd the Beaches Dojo. Turns out he is well known in Canada for strong arm tactics and bilking dojo owners out of their dojo and cash.

Here's the thread on MT by the instructor that they took that Dojo from.

http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2293

and here is the link to the judgment on it.

http://www.heydary.com/resources/cas..._williams.html

Strikes me as a complete load of **** and this Platt guy should be beaten within an inch of his life.

May his crotch become infested with the fleas of 1000 camels, and his arms to short to scratch.

EDIT: My mistake, he testified for Williams, his right hand man in this case.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast