Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    5/22/2007 9:52pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Towel pull ups dude. Just don't overdo them. And check that article on "combat grip" at grapplearts.com. Good luck ;)
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/23/2007 7:06am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Friends?

Despot! False king!

Posted On:
    5/23/2007 7:55am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Awww, don't deny it. You want to hug him and grab his wrist, in a very platonic, quasi-grappling way :tongue6:
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/23/2007 10:43am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ?

I just want his **** in my dick.

Wait, what?

Posted On:
    5/23/2007 12:07pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *** slowly stepping away from thread ***

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    5/23/2007 2:39pm

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your legs should be fatigue slower than your arms due to the muscle fiber type predominance, unless you walk on your hands all the time or are built upside down like Irish women.

Acupuncturist / Anesthesia Student

Posted On:
    5/26/2007 11:48pm

Style: Mostly weights now...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Macho
    Healthy, flexible, strong grips and wrists that can withstand torque along their natural range of motion are the basis for arm strenght and endurance.

When it comes to pull ups (IMO), one should try to go to failure as fast as possible. Doesn't matter if you can do 20 or 2, the max effort is what counts, several sets per workout with little break in between sets. What matters the most in grappling is to have support grip (the ability to grip strongly for long periods of time) as opposed to crunch or pinch grip:

What helped me the most with that were towel pulls up and using ropes around dumbbell handles:

Levering exercises also help - I'd suggest you take a look at the combat grip article in www.grapplearts.com.

Be mindful however, not to overtrain your grips, wrists and forearms. Everytime you are working your chest, back, triceps or biceps, you are pounding the **** out of everything between your elbows and your fingers. Thus, it's easy to overtrain them.

From experience I can tell you it is very easy, and it takes a long time for them to recover. So I'd suggest you train them only once a week, preferably on a day in which you do not train grappling. Always stretch your hands and wrists and massage your forearms appropriately.

You usually have good advice but these exercises just made my nipples hard. Thanks for that.

Edit - after reading Kein Haar's comments, I'll change my answer to "great exercises bro!"
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12