Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/09/2002 2:54am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do0ubt that fuckwit Stipe has ever trained in anything but Tae Bo.
    And as always, you are wrong.
    I used to do kickboxing and am now doing wrestling.

Bet he thinks he can defend himself, too. I'll say it again: just because you suck at an art, or are simply too stupid to understand it, doesn't mean you have to diss it.
    So tell me, what are people who SUCK at aikido like? Are they GOOD fighters?

Just shut up and move along, that way you won't make a complete ass of yourself in the process.

Go visit an Aikido or Wing Chun dojo/kwoon. Challenge the sensei/sifu to a round of free sparring. If you actually bother to, tape it and send us the vid of you getting your ass beat down.

~Checkmate~

You've got to be kidding me, telling a WRESTLER to go challenge an aikidoka :>

Listen, chump, lemme pour some info on you - MMA still ain't all that big in Croatia.
    Before CroCop fought Fujita most people didn't even know that MMA world existed. Hell, even CroCop says he didn't know who Fujita is when he accepted the fight - he was offered a Japanese fighter and he said "sure", and decided to stick with it once he found out who Fujita is.
    There aren't any news on the telly, you can't read about it even in the sports newspaper and so on.

But things are getting better and better, thanks to the handful of fans of the sport and CroCop's fights being shown, and in a year or two we might even see tourneys here, set up by some people I know.

Fighting is just a hobby to me, but I do it five times a week and if that tourney happens I'll be there.

And I fucking DREAM of duking it out with an aikidoka in rd1 and a Wing Chun sifu in rd2, cause that'll mean I won't be tired or injured for the last fight.

- Stipe -

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/09/2002 3:10am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    >> No, running is absolute best for multiple opponents. Ask any NHB fighter.

Yeah, I hear those NHB guys tend to do a lot of running from multiple opponents, considering that the only way they know how to win a fight is by going to the ground for a submission, which is real effective against more than one guy. Who the hell ever heard of a fight against multiple attackers on the ground?
    I don't think you got the idea behind "ask NHB fighters" part.

The reason I mentioned them is cause, unlike your WC sifus, they actually know what a fight looks like.

You see, around here when a mate is in trouble you step in to back him up. Always and immediatelly. And everyone'll do it.
    Even if the guy attacking you caused the **** you can't count on that to calm his mates down, cause then the guys that hang around with him are likely to be of that ilk as well, so they got no problem with fighting at his side when it happens. When it's 5-1, you step in to make it a 5-2 fight. You take and give beatings together.

And I doubt that most people around here have ever SEEN what real fights of more people with that attitude look like - the gang that has more people swarms, takes down and MAULS every last ONE of the guys that were lesser in numbers. Always. I've seen it happen on various open air concerts, on the streets, during the skinheads vs punks fights, and that's what it looked like.

And no training will help you there except running, no training will make you be able to defend 3 guys that have the guts to swarm you (and here everyone does), and all you can really do is RUN.

And MMA fighters acknowledge that.

Anyway, staying on topic, the arts everyone here have listed are pretty much good choices, but you're going to want to make a choice based on what your goal is.

Yea, for all we know his goal might be just to waste some time.

Straight self-defense, I'd go with JKD or Arnis.

JKD is too vague of a concept to be mentioned like this.

- Stipe -

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    7/09/2002 3:29am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Stipe,

I'm getting the impression that you really have very little experience in MA, etc.

DO you what a real fight looks like? If so then good but because you can't handle yourself in different situations doesn't mean someone else can't either.

You give off the impression that you are just trolling. Am I wrong?

Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/09/2002 4:20am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    >> Stipe, I'm getting the impression that you really have very little experience in MA, etc.

I train wrestling on a daily basis.
    I used to do kickboxing under ex CroCop's coach, in a group of only 12-13 people; I switched to wrestling cause I'm interested in MMA more than in kickboxing and I know that you can't survive there without wrestling/BJJ.

And I know more about MMA as a sport than any of the people you know.
    Your impression is wrong.

> DO you what a real fight looks like? If so then good but because you can't handle yourself in different situations doesn't mean someone else can't either.

No, I think you misunderstood me, I wasn't talking about lack of self control. I can control myself very well, I was talking about what people who DO cause fights on the streets are like cause I've seen them, talked to them, and seen them do it.

The thing is, WC sifus and similar "wise martial artists", that haven't raised a SINGLE successful NHB fighter, are the ONLY people who misguide you into thinking that running is NOT the best thing to do when facing more than one opponent.

People that have seen street fights or been in them will tell you that you'll get swarmed and beaten up if you don't run fast.
    There is nothing you can do about it, no matter how much you WANT to believe otherwise it simply is not true.

> You give off the impression that you are just trolling. Am I wrong?

Yes, I am sorry you got that impression cause I have no intention to troll. IMO guys like that Alternate fellow are pathetic and boring.

I sound harsh but I focus on the facts, just like in this reply, I just say what I think is true, and I have all NHB events from UFC1 to Pride 21 backing me up.

The guys who tell crap like "MMA grapplers like aikido" are trolling.
    The guys who correct them are not.

- Stipe -

Posted On:
    7/09/2002 5:31am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "And I know more about MMA as a sport than any of the people you know"

That is funny considering you don't me or who I am. But go ahead and think that. (You would be wrong but go ahead.)

What exactly is your expeirence. Where do you fight? What teams have you fought with? etc.

I have several fights under my belt, I've fought in Holland, France, and here in Germany. I am an amatuer because I already have a profession (U.S. Military) so it is a hobby for like most pple on this board.

Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/09/2002 6:06am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    > That is funny considering you don't me or who I am. But go ahead and think that. (You would be wrong but go ahead.)

I said that cause you kinda left the impression that you disagree with me on how to handle multiples.
    And no guy that knows his **** does.

> I have several fights under my belt, I've fought in Holland, France, and here in Germany.

I am glad to hear that, although you forgot to say what kind of fights were?

You must be aware that the average karate BB knows jack **** about MMA. You can flush their "knowledge" right down the toilet, they don't even know who Royce Gracie is, they actually go that far to say things like "this is good self defense". That is why I don't pay much attention to what they have to say about fighting more that one guy.
    Cause all that stories that start with "THEY do this and then you do that", and end with "you win", come where tooth fairy comes from.

And, as a fighter, tell me what do you see as the best way of defending against multiples - Praying Mantis, perhaps?

Fighting on the street is not smart if you're outnumbered. No matter what you train.

- Stipe -

Posted On:
    7/09/2002 6:41am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    >I am glad to hear that, although you forgot to say what kind of fights were?

They were BJJ Tourney's (I don't really study BJJ I do Japanese Jujutsu), Jujutsu competitions and other NHB type competitions.

YOU still haven't listed YOUR fight expereince. Do you have any or do you just watch tapes?

______

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

-Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/09/2002 6:57am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    > They were BJJ Tourney's (I don't really study BJJ I do Japanese Jujutsu), Jujutsu competitions and other NHB type competitions.

Erm, what do you mean "other" NHB type competitions?
    BJJ and JJJ aren't No Holds Barred, man.

And to get back to the point, do you think that there is something you can do about being swarmed, taken down and beaten senseless from multiples other than running or cocking your gun?

> YOU still haven't listed YOUR fight expereince. Do you have any or do you just watch tapes?

I actually have. I do competitive wrestling now, in one of Croatian wrestling clubs. National league, that sort of stuff.

Previously I've done kickboxing. That wasn't in an official club, those were 10-15 guys doing trainings and sparring every day in an army outpost near my place.
    Ziza, ex CroCops coach, was coaching us there.
    I had (have) a 2-1 score. I switched to wrestling cause I wanna do MMA.

Good enough, champ? :>

- Stipe -

Posted On:
    7/09/2002 7:23am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    >Good enough, champ? :>

No.

What you are saying you haven't had any real experience in MMA competitions.

"NHB" here generally means any open tournament that allows any style. Of course there is trully no NHB fights in a sanctioned organized event. The rules are very standard but it boils down that the main ways to win or by KO or submission. Contestants start from a standing position. Ground work is allowed but no "fishing" if that happens the players are started over form a standing position.

I just listed offical fights. I can name countless ones, especially during my last deployment to Kosovo against Greek, Russian, Italian, and British soldiers. We had an informal training and brawling group down there. My record was the best out of all of them, but they said I was mean which isn't true!!

>And to get back to the point, do you think that there is something you can do about being swarmed, taken down and beaten senseless from multiples other than running or cocking your gun?

No. There is very little you can do from an ambush! The nature of an ambush is to leave little room for escape or survial. You can defend yourself against multiple opponents.(2 or 3 at the very most more than that is stupid and sudicial, I have been stupid on occasion.) This is only if you KNOW the confirntation is coming and you know the combatants involved. If you get pissed and you want to catch a guy and his mate that is one thing getting in someones face in a club/bar/street/work/etc and his mates jump you that is another because you weren't prepared for that. I would be lying if I said you couldn't when being ambushed but it is VERY unlikely.

______

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

-Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/09/2002 7:46am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    >Good enough, champ? :>

No.

What you are saying you haven't had any real experience in MMA competitions.

Other than an odd street fight, no, I have never been in a MMA competition.
    I was only in kickboxing and wrestling competitions, I never did the MMA tourney cause there's no place to do that in Croatia.
    I train with people who did have MMA experience (guys from my gym spar with CroCop), getting ready for it.

"NHB" here generally means any open tournament that allows any style. Of course there is trully no NHB fights in a sanctioned organized event. The rules are very standard but it boils down that the main ways to win or by KO or submission. Contestants start from a standing position. Ground work is allowed but no "fishing" if that happens the players are started over form a standing position.

Yea, I follow you (up to the "no fishing" part, you mean fishhooks?).

And a BJJ tourney CLEARLY can't be called No Holds Barred fighting cause you aren't even allowed to BOX.

>And to get back to the point, do you think that there is something you can do about being swarmed, taken down and beaten senseless from multiples other than running or cocking your gun?

No.

Then we can cut the crap right here, cause we agree.

- Stipe -
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast