Page 9 of 10 First ... 5678910 Last
  1. #81

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by thecheeseman
    in kung fu iron leg training consists of smashing your shins with your fists and kicking a tree. EVERY martial art damages you body and heal it.
    Do people reallly kick trees? haha

    I have a similar lump on my shin been hanging around for about 3-4 weeks hurts quite a bit when i kick. It's pretty hard tissue atm, looks like a big dent when i do leg raises tho

  2. #82
    Jim_Jude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    3,555
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananaman
    Do people reallly kick trees? haha

    I have a similar lump on my shin been hanging around for about 3-4 weeks hurts quite a bit when i kick. It's pretty hard tissue atm, looks like a big dent when i do leg raises tho
    hey, when you don't have a heavy bag or dummy or training partner, you get pretty creative when it comes to training. My Silat teacher used to train chops, elbows, sepu, & besets on a Eucalyptus tree, since the bark has natural antiseptic oils in it.

  3. #83

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    25
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hit them in anything i can that is not enough hard to break them

  4. #84

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
    Posts
    325
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Agemoif View Post
    hit them in anything i can that is not enough hard to break them
    Congrats managing to post five times in seven months. You are truly interwebz savvy.

    A few hints (considering the last post prior to yours was in 2007):
    (1) You posted on a thread long dead. Seriously dead. Dead like Fried Chicken, Elvis, and 8 Tracks. Don't do that.
    (2) You can violate the above rule, if your post adds something new and informative... but it didn't add anything except bad grammar. We have enough of that already.

    So just like you check the expiration date on milk before you drink, check the f***ing last post date. Thankyouverymuchyourhelpisappreciated.

    You might argue that I could have just ignored this stupid, pointless post - but griping about it at least make me smile. So thanks.

  5. #85
    JohnnyCache's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,526
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The bullshido staff thanks you from the bottom of our fucking hearts (note lack of asterisks) for your modding assistance.

    You could have used the report post button but nooooooo you drew a line in the sand and taught dat newb a lesson, yo!


  6. #86

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
    Posts
    325
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache View Post
    The bullshido staff thanks you from the bottom of our fucking hearts (note lack of asterisks) for your modding assistance.

    You could have used the report post button but nooooooo you drew a line in the sand and taught dat newb a lesson, yo!
    Incidentally, I didn't think necro'ing was worth reporting. But fair enough, message received.

  7. #87
    JohnnyCache's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,526
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's not as big a deal as on some other forums. And neither is general computer savy. We like grammar and manners but it is a specialist website, so we also have to be somewhat patient with a non technorati audience.


  8. #88
    Jim_Jude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    3,555
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I use thai oil and Absorbine veterinary liniment gel (the Absorbine works well as a Jow replacement too).
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

    "The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

    "Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

  9. #89

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    25
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnKenner View Post
    Congrats managing to post five times in seven months. You are truly interwebz savvy.

    A few hints (considering the last post prior to yours was in 2007):
    (1) You posted on a thread long dead. Seriously dead. Dead like Fried Chicken, Elvis, and 8 Tracks. Don't do that.


    (2) You can violate the above rule, if your post adds something new and informative... but it didn't add anything except bad grammar. We have enough of that already.

    So just like you check the expiration date on milk before you drink, check the f***ing last post date. Thankyouverymuchyourhelpisappreciated.

    You might argue that I could have just ignored this stupid, pointless post - but griping about it at least make me smile. So thanks.
    i just don't have enough time spend in forums talking however i am sorry that i didn't saw the date i reccomend you to chill out and ease you tone my grammar is bad but i have to practise my english for some time

  10. #90

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
    Posts
    325
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Agemoif View Post
    i just don't have enough time spend in forums talking however i am sorry that i didn't saw the date i reccomend you to chill out and ease you tone my grammar is bad but i have to practise my english for some time
    First off, I lurked here for a long time before posting, because everyone here plays a little rough - which should be OK, considering what we all do in our spare time (let people punch us in the face/throw us across the mat/choke us out). If you and I were sitting in a bar, and you did something comparable, I would have retorted in the exact same manner. No offense is attended, good natured ribbing. Hell, I'd probably buy you a beer. Its just **** talking.

    And as for your grammar, I don't really give a **** about it, so long as what you say is interesting. If its new and interesting, that's awesome. Everything else (grammar, manners, etc...) is secondary. If you are providing me with knowledge I don't have, that is cool.

    Incidentally, you're still not checking post dates ;-) Well, now I'd owe you two beers then, eh?

Page 9 of 10 First ... 5678910 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO