Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2007 8:56am

Style: VT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey
    You are fucking retarded brother . I mean that in the best way possible , but I mean it .

Just so you know the trick to checking incoming low kicks is the angle that you deflect it at and how you move immediately before the kick . Taking a good powerfull low kick on the soft parts of your leg is the most ignorant thing I can think of besides chain punching . So umm , shut the **** up .

And if you noticed I never said ANYTHING about killing the nerves on your legs . I said to condition properly . Which is much different from rolling pins , ice , and beating your leg with quartz crystal , etc .

:homo:
    Dont get soo defensive little man.
    Im not talking about taking the full force of a kick to the Soft tissue, this is why i im using the word 'yielding' all good martial arts do it (Arnis,WT/VT, BJJ, Sambo etc etc..)

Oh i forgot, You practise Thai Boxing...carry on fucking up your legs, hope you get something out of it besides internal injurie. LOL

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/29/2007 9:01am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear1980
    Im not talking about taking the full force of a kick to the Soft tissue, this is why i im using the word 'yielding' all good martial arts do it (Arnis,WT/VT, BJJ, Sambo etc etc..)

Oh i forgot, You practise Thai Boxing...carry on fucking up your legs, hope you get something out of it besides internal injurie. LOL
    At the end of the day-

Hes learning an effective fighting style.

And you are not.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    5/29/2007 9:26am

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear1980

Pick a position and stick with it .

You started out with :
    The Best option is to not train in a martial art that requires you to damage your own body.
    which of course means completely compliant training .

then you moved to
    I'm sorry its just i used to practise muai thai.(my Brother used to go and train in Thailand) and it's alwas been my opinion that the clashing of shins in Mai Thai training/ fighting is one of the stupidest things in Martial Arts.

Its just a ridiculous technique. All these low kicks can be absurbed with the soft tissue parts of the legs, bone aginst bone in this manner is just retarded.(and it hurts like a bitch)

Yes its true you pick up injuries training any martial art if you train hard enough, however it's my opinion that it's not worth training techniques that do your body damage as opposed to having a positive effect.(ie cardiovascular fitness, muscle strengthening etc.)
    Which says nothing of yielding but states "All these low kicks can be absurbed with the soft tissue parts of the legs, bone aginst bone in this manner is just retarded" . Which is pretty straight forward .

Then you move to this position :
    No! You try and turn your leg into an insensitive callosed bat so you can block whatever you like without feeling **** all.(Because you've killed all the nerves)

You dont have to meet a incoming kick with a stright on collision, if you yield then yes you can take the kick with the soft tissue/muscles.
    Which is now saying to take the kick ... just flow with it . Which is impossible without ending up on your knees .

Then you state this

Which shows you pay no attention what so ever and have your head stuck up your ass so far you can't think straight . Reread the my posts and this time ... pay attention .

Seriously man ... You think any art worth it's salt is going to suggest you just let someone's low kick hit you where they want to and simply "yield " to it to avoid damage ?

You don't happen to believe Bruce Lee was the best Martial Artist ever do you ?
    Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 5/29/2007 9:29am at .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    5/29/2007 9:33am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey
    Except me and you El Macho ...

and now Amp ...
    Hahahah. I guess we are the three stooges :tongue3: Do you have any updated pics of your Picasso'esque punching bag thingie?

Quote Originally Posted by buuface
    damage ? weightlifting causes damage to your muscles which then makes them grow.
    the same principal applies to martial arts. when you take a beating it makes you tougher over time.
    Wrong.

Weightlifting when done properly causes micro-tears in the muscles which allows them to adapt to handle the stress (get stronger.) By the same token, weightlifting, or any form of strengh training, when done incorrectly, causes negative damage to your muscles, muscular imbalances, muscular cramps, reduced range of motion, hairline fractures, and potentially irreversible damage to your ligaments.

When that happens, your body experience pain, not of the DOM type, but the type of pain your body uses to tell you "Oh, for the love of God, please stop doing this fucking **** to me." The next thing is that your body cannot handle the same weight/stress as before, which forces you to take it lighter (no fucking way you can keep going with the same load). This causes your body to adapt to the lighter stress, losing it's ability to work out as before.

Muscular imbalances and injured ligaments causes your muscles to work within a decreased a range of motion, which also causes a loss of strenght, flexibility and agility (and which will cause you an injury if you try to work at the same levels you used to.)

What all that bumbo-jumbo means? It means that weight lifting (or any other form of conditioning) can either be used or abused. Consider one of the greatest, meanest mofos that have ever existed, Mas Oyama. He had turned his index and middle knuckles into one big giant mass of solidified tissue over ligaments and bones.

Great for knocking the **** out of people, but not so great if you want to grab a pencil and write with it.

I heard a weird theory from a proffesional kickboxer in chiangmai

he said that over time kicking the heavy bag causes hairline factures in your shin bone with then fill with calcium deposits makeing your shin harder and over a long time actually make your bone GROW.

weird.
    It is true, sort of. A hairline fracture, when allowed to heal, MAY cause the bone to grow stronger where the hairline fracture once existed. A complete fracture, when healed (after being set correctly by a doctor), MAY also grow stronger.

Getting hairline fractures on purpose to make the shin stronger, though, that's retarded, and impossible. If you get a hairline fracture in your shin, and if you keep banging it, that **** is going to snap, or get so painful that you may not even be able to put your weight on your leg.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/29/2007 9:41am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Macho
    Hahahah. I guess we are the three stooges :tongue3: Do you have any updated pics of your Picasso'esque punching bag thingie?

Wrong.

Weightlifting when done properly causes micro-tears in the muscles which allows them to adapt to handle the stress (get stronger.) By the same token, weightlifting, or any form of strengh training, when done incorrectly, causes negative damage to your muscles, muscular imbalances, muscular cramps, reduced range of motion, hairline fractures, and potentially irreversible damage to your ligaments.

When that happens, your body experience pain, not of the DOM type, but the type of pain your body uses to tell you "Oh, for the love of God, please stop doing this fucking **** to me." The next thing is that your body cannot handle the same weight/stress as before, which forces you to take it lighter (no fucking way you can keep going with the same load). This causes your body to adapt to the lighter stress, losing it's ability to work out as before.

Muscular imbalances and injured ligaments causes your muscles to work within a decreased a range of motion, which also causes a loss of strenght, flexibility and agility (and which will cause you an injury if you try to work at the same levels you used to.)

What all that bumbo-jumbo means? It means that weight lifting (or any other form of conditioning) can either be used or abused. Consider one of the greatest, meanest mofos that have ever existed, Mas Oyama. He had turned his index and middle knuckles into one big giant mass of solidified tissue over ligaments and bones.

Great for knocking the **** out of people, but not so great if you want to grab a pencil and write with it.

It is true, sort of. A hairline fracture, when allowed to heal, MAY cause the bone to grow stronger where the hairline fracture once existed. A complete fracture, when healed (after being set correctly by a doctor), MAY also grow stronger.

Getting hairline fractures on purpose to make the shin stronger, though, that's retarded, and impossible. If you get a hairline fracture in your shin, and if you keep banging it, that **** is going to snap, or get so painful that you may not even be able to put your weight on your leg.
    Ok I dont mean trying to get them on purpose. I was of the opinion that they are part and parcel of kicking a heavy bag 3 - 5 hours daily (which is basically what the thais do) and its somthing u train through without too much discomfort or further damage.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    5/29/2007 9:47am

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    actually I do , they are just stuck on my camera till I can get Photoshop reinstalled , I had a crash last week and wiped out my system drive . My camera is so old I can find no other way to import photo's except through photoshop .

Right now it has four layers of wrapped foam of varying thickness and about 200 yards of bailing twine and hemp . I put another dent in my shin trying to figure out how much more padding I needed . It is not nearly as bad as the first dent , and I have some pics of the dents as well .

About this micro-fracture thing ,

Purposely damaging yourself is silly , which should be a given .

I was under the impression that micro-fractures happen whenever you apply a sudden ( and large ) load then release it quickly , and that those types were the types that healed and formed those neat honeycomb structures .

I thought lifting and striking proper surfices were just the thing to cause the above effects , am I just plain wrong on this one or what ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2007 9:51am

Style: Muay Thai/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Macho
    If you get a hairline fracture in your shin, and if you keep banging it, that **** is going to snap, or get so painful that you may not even be able to put your weight on your leg.

as someone currently recovering from the ballache that is tibial stress fractures, i can confirm that Teh Macho speaks El Trutho. how i wish i'd taken a rest.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/29/2007 9:58am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by john joe
    as someone currently recovering from the ballache that is tibial stress fractures, i can confirm that Teh Macho speaks El Trutho. how i wish i'd taken a rest.
    and may i ask how you obtained the fractures initially?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2007 11:12am

Style: Muay Thai/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    a combination of things over a ong period of time. Initial impact injury in right leg coupled with upped roadwork rate in preparation for bout; according to the physio, this then led to an adjsutment in weight and load bearing which began to weaken the other leg.

the whole time i was continuing to run, jump rope and spar in the belief it was shin splints, although i should have known it wasnt as i've never had these before.

Anyway, one session the pain was unreal when jumping rope, to the point i couldnt bear to put weight on my right leg, (subsided after maybe 15-20 min) and then i went through the whole xray, MRI scan etc process

now i'm just resting up, upper body work weights etc, going back boxing in 3 weeks ish. (not trained muay thai since march 5th)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2007 11:18am

Style: VT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At the end of the day-

Hes learning an effective fighting style.

And you are not.
    Ha what a Joke. He's learning a good sport... thats it. (as are you)
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast