1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    5/22/2007 12:18pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracky McSlugHoot
    While the guy sounds like a douchebag, that does not mean he teaches bad technique, although it sounds like maybe he does rip people off, anybody know his prices?
    His prices aren't that bad, actually. It's about $130 for two months for one program with unlimited classes, like muay thai or MMA (they don't do BJJ there) and an additional $20 for another program.

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    5/22/2007 11:43pm

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SunkenState
    I went in believing I would be taught by the main instructor, Dave Lochert, but was instead taught in most of, if not all of my classes by his top student, who, while a great athelete and competitor, was not a good teacher.
    Dave Mah is a good guy. His heart is in the right place. The sad thing is outside of Sheers there really isn't anyone to train with in S'toon. I mean there have been a few fly by night places but for the most part you have a lot of guys who have got some big hearts and some passable skill.

TKD

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

"Ladies and gentlemen, the pilot has instructed everyone to sit the **** down and shut the **** up." Henry Rollins

Posted On:
    5/23/2007 12:08am

Style: I request to be banned

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TKD Black Belt
    Dave Mah is a good guy. His heart is in the right place. The sad thing is outside of Sheers there really isn't anyone to train with in S'toon. I mean there have been a few fly by night places but for the most part you have a lot of guys who have got some big hearts and some passable skill.

TKD
    Are you from Saskatoon TKD?
    I agree, there are very few options in saskatoon for MA's. The only 2 places doing anying MT/BJJ related that have a name are scheers and cfc. There's some place called alliance I think but I only heard of them once. The city is just big enough that there are a lot of people who want to train, but not big enough to have much competition among dojos.

Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    5/23/2007 12:28am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldarbong
    I agree, there are very few options in saskatoon for MA's. The only 2 places doing anying MT/BJJ related that have a name are scheers and cfc. There's some place called alliance I think but I only heard of them once. The city is just big enough that there are a lot of people who want to train, but not big enough to have much competition among dojos.
    If I remember correctly, Alliance Martial Arts is co-run by Jason St. Louis, who was accused of threatening Dave Lochert and later robbing the CFC after he got fired for not being up to the CFC's standards as a teacher when he first moved to Saskatoon.

St. Louis' take on the affair http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles.asp?n_id=2824
    Lochert's take http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles...2889&my_page=2

It's about this time that the Fight Club website threw up a warning to make sure to check the credentials of any potential school a student might attend, and I still think they make it a habit of showing who beat St. Louis in any MMA match on the little ticker on their website. Pretty unprofessional and vindictive if you ask me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/23/2007 1:26am

Style: Crosstraining/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That gif is familiar, I've seen it on other sites in years past. Don't know if it's from MFS originally, but seem to recall seeing it first in connection with a BJJ site. May be legit use of the gif, could be copyright infringement.

Posted On:
    5/23/2007 1:38am

Style: I request to be banned

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thanks for the links sunkenstate. Seems like a bunch of ridiculous small town MMA drama. Stolen thai shorts? Too funneh. This is what you get for training in Saskatchewan. I am definitely leaning towards St. Louis in this, just because of what I have read, and heard.

BJJ wins again!

Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class

Posted On:
    5/23/2007 7:10am

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Didn't someone say Matt Hughes was in your town for CFC's last fight promotion? That suggests to me that the MFS connection is real--if Hughes showed up for an event and found a school claiming to be affiliated with MFS when they're not, I would predict DRAMA.

And again, folks, it bears repeating:

MILETICH= Multiple UFC champion of Croation descent who heads a successful fight team and gym in Iowa.

MILITEC/MILITECH= Gun oil.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    5/23/2007 3:21pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I watched St. Louis lose to Chris Brennan and interviewed him, he seemed like a decent fighter, he was on his way up, but it looks like he hasn't done well since, 2-6.

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Achievements:

Posted On:
    5/23/2007 8:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    - Nope, but I've profited nicely from the real estate market out there.....

- Tim Scheers (I think) is a Brown (again last time I checked) he works hard at what he does but again, as pointed out, there isn't a lot of support for the sort there. As for StLouis, well Jay's another 'good guy' (PS - Cracky, every time he tells the Brennan story he seems to leave out how that fight ends :-P).

Jay's now in Vernon and I think Graham Wink is running the club in S'toon. It isn't as though I spend a lot of time in Sas-scratch-my-ass it's more that this sporting community is so damn small.

If I was in S'toon I'd save my pennies and start driving to Regina to train with AJ Scales. AJ's got some mad skills on the mat (and is a nice guy to boot) and would be worth the time to get down there.

TKD

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

"Ladies and gentlemen, the pilot has instructed everyone to sit the **** down and shut the **** up." Henry Rollins

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Achievements:

Posted On:
    5/23/2007 8:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Baseball
    Seem fine to me. A lot of people suck at running shows.
    - Trust me, this one was one of the worse ones I've been to. When it comes to bad fights I will put up with everything but when you mistreat the guys fighting for you.

TKD

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast