Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/20/2007 7:01pm

Style: I request to be banned

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Champion Fight Club: A Miletich affiliate in Saskatchewan, Canada.

There's a gym in my city that does kickboxing and MMA called Champion Fight Club http://www.championfightclub.ca/ They have put on a few brawler/tufman shows in my city(which sucked by the way), but I have heard bad things about their gym and training, mostly by people who used to train there. They have this whole "Pat Militech fighting systems" get-up on the main page, which makes me think they are affiliated with MFS somehow (I am not sure how to verify this). They also rag on other schools in the province that don't have the "credentials" or where the instructors don't fight, or have bad fight records (...). I want your opinion of this place based on the site.

As a side note, on the main page they have this gif of a man trying to sexually pwn a girl, but instead he gets armbarred then RNC'ed.

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    5/20/2007 7:07pm

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I little nice cross forum reading and sharing.....

TKD

PS - ContinentalFC is CFC's fight card.....

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

"Ladies and gentlemen, the pilot has instructed everyone to sit the **** down and shut the **** up." Henry Rollins

Posted On:
    5/20/2007 7:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good find TKD. This is worse than I even previously thought. They just had a CFC card here last weekend actually, which was why this was on my mind. We should almost turn this into a "Dave Lochert: Bullshido?" thread, judging by what I am hearing/reading. Here's a local story about him beating up some guy who broke into a beauty salon last year http://www.canada.com/saskatoonstarp...8-12542cddf7e9
    Last edited by Eldarbong; 5/20/2007 8:47pm at .

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    5/20/2007 8:00pm

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Classy.....

TKD

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

"Ladies and gentlemen, the pilot has instructed everyone to sit the **** down and shut the **** up." Henry Rollins

Posted On:
    5/22/2007 1:23am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually went to the club for about 6 months, but this was a couple years ago, before they turned into "Militech Fighting Systems of Saskatoon."

I went in believing I would be taught by the main instructor, Dave Lochert, but was instead taught in most of, if not all of my classes by his top student, who, while a great athelete and competitor, was not a good teacher.

I was thinking of going back, and asked a friend who recently renewed his contract there if the school had changed, since we both started at the same time there, and he asked me "Was there instruction in the muay thai classes when you were there? Because there isn't any now," so take that as you will.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    5/22/2007 2:40am

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While the guy sounds like a douchebag, that does not mean he teaches bad technique, although it sounds like maybe he does rip people off, anybody know his prices?

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    5/22/2007 6:13am

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looks like his instructors actually do fight, I can find them on Sherdog and FcFighter rather easily.

I've even seen some of their fights in KOTC. Their losses seem to come to legit tough guys, and they have some wins over legitimately good fighters.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/22/2007 10:15am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I misread 'tufman' in the opening post as 'hitman' -- that made me do a double-take: 'They *advertise* openly'? Since *when*?'

Talk about a possible Bullshido alert -- though, given the input of some of the other posters as regards fighting skill (not business practice) demonstrated by their instructors/fighters, that not be entirely true.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    5/22/2007 10:32am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't believe they found the one black guy in Saskatoon to act as an attacker in that Gif.

Nice stereotype.

Posted On:
    5/22/2007 11:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soju - Joe
    I can't believe they found the one black guy in Saskatoon to act as an attacker in that Gif.

Nice stereotype.
    Well we are in redneck country. Matt Hughes even came to the last CFC show.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast