Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    5/22/2007 4:44pm

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread is going to make my head explode.

1. Body weight exercises = exercises using body weight regardless of whatever you think it is.

2. Progressive resistance is needed to gain progressive strength, period.

3. There is no point in doing endless body weight exercises. It doesn't do squat for one's conditioning, it causes damage to the muscles and fibers and extends your total recovery time.

4. While yes intensity is the key word here, one still needs to realize that intensity is a combination of factors including resistance and not only rest periods.

5. No matter how short one waits in between sets, the outcome besides diminished returns equals specific metabolic and CNS adaptations for that particular exercise at that intensity.

Do I really need to bring back the threads about endless aerobic style exercise and its relation to the heart and the V02 max?

Welterweight

Posted On:
    5/23/2007 8:53am

supporting member
     Style: Fish Oil

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Macho
    To me, it is useless to stick to an orthodox definition of bodyweight exercises as "only those exercises in which you use your bodyweight and nothing more."

To me, a bodyweight exercise just gives me an idea of an exercise, an exercise in which I can throw additional weight if that change helps me achieve a particular goal.

Hippie.

Seriously though you just described pretty much every exercise ever. So ALL exercises are bodyweight exercises.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    5/23/2007 2:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can do any lift with increasing resistance to gain strength. Focus around the muscle groups you're working and go from there. I do a variety of different lifts and I change them up every 5-6 weeks or so. You can do snatches, dumb bell snatches, incline press, rows, lunges, etc....
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12