Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2007 3:27pm

Style: San Shou, Kickboxing MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Weight Training Regiment

Hello, I am very new to weight training and just started going to my schools weight room. However I have no idea what I am doing .

My goals are to build muscle, I am more concerned for my upper body, for I am one scrawny ****. 6 feet 140 pounds, I can barely do 3 chin ups, and can do about 35-40 push ups , and then I collaspe. My legs are fine because of my Shotokan training. (low stances wtf)

Any help? I dont know what excerises to do, or in what sets or reps. I am not even sure exactly what does are! Do I need to warm up?

I have played around on the machines, and usally I do incline bench press, to fatigue at 40 pounds, then captains chair about 10, some triceps pull downs, the opposite of that one, where you pull up ( i dont know what its called ) , then some crunchs, lat pull downs, and some dumbell work. I do all this usually to fatigue. one time.

However I have no set regiment, or idea how I am progressing?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Mobious12; 5/19/2007 4:00pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2007 3:56pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wow 6inches and 140lb.... you gotta be kidding me

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2007 4:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry meant 6 feet.

:dontknow:

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    5/19/2007 4:58pm

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was in the 131st weight training regiment. We lifted weights all day long.

Seriously, how old are you? Guys who shoot up like bean sprouts are required to wait until at least 26 to have muscles. You seem teenagerish.

My very basic, most skelatal advice I could give you right now would be to train as heavy as you can, and eat like a starving elephant.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2007 5:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am 15 years old.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    5/19/2007 5:31pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You shouldn't be worrying about packing up muscles right now then (because you won't until after your 20's). Keep lifting, and eat. I'm 99% sure you are not eating enough.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2007 5:37pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alright, I will eat more but I dont think you understand here,

When I said I am a scrawny ****, I meant it,

I have NO CHEST MUSCLE , seriously, I was never a active kid, rather sickly, never liked supports, until I found out punching people was so much fun.

I am just doing this to not look like a mongoloid.

Anyway thanks for the help.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    5/19/2007 7:22pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobious12
    Alright, I will eat more but I dont think you understand here,

When I said I am a scrawny ****, I meant it
    We get it. It doesn't change the fact that you will most likely not build a lot of muscle until a few years later. So stop saying it. Saying a million times it's not gonna change it, and it's going to sound like an excuse.

It doesn't matter how things have been up to today. What matters is what you do from now on.

Eat like a pig, and work out. Squats and milk. So long as junk food is not the only source of food you have, you will be fine if you eat (preferably every 2-3 hours... assuming you are working out hard.)

I have NO CHEST MUSCLE
    Eat and do push ups, by the hundreds.

seriously, I was never a active kid, rather sickly,
    Lots of sports people have had some sort of sickness in their childhood and teen years. In fact, I believe that's the norm rather than the exception. That should not stop you from training.

never liked supports,
    That's why you are skinny and perhaps prone to sickness. Get out there and do something. Really, I'm not trying to troll you, but to point out what you need to do.

until I found out punching people was so much fun.
    Now you are being retarded.

I am just doing this to not look like a mongoloid.
    What the **** did you just said? What's your language when it comes to races.

Next time you say you don't want to be like a mongoloid, you better take a look at the following ones:

Masahiko Kimura

Bolo Yeung

Bruce Leen

Some dude on google

Kasuyuki Fujita

Dokonjonosuke Mishima
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2007 9:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry, its just used that word to decribe being a freak, nothing about races at all. Also I meant I was never good at any sports, until I took Karate, which already helped me a lot.
    Anyway thanks for the tips.

So no proper weight training regiment for me?

Didn't so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards

Posted On:
    5/19/2007 9:55pm

Style: Ex-TKD, BJJ, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Speaking as a fellow skinny fucker (though I have about 15 lbs on you @ 6'1"), this program worked for me in high school, and I'm starting it again now since I wasn't able to engage in strenuous physical activity for a few months.

http://www.defrancostraining.com/art...s_westside.htm

This is just one program. You have the entire Internet at your disposal, I'm sure you can figure something out.

Oh, www.exrx.net is a good resource too.

EDIT: I almost forgot. It's REGIME, unless you want to join ROTC's special weightlifting unit or something.
    Last edited by IzzyDaHedgehog; 5/19/2007 10:21pm at .
    sudo make me a sandwich!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast