Being Sublime Daily

Posted On:
    5/17/2007 2:48am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bullly befriends boxing bullshidoka

So I go into my gym tonight and by the heavy bags is a dude with boxing gloves on chatting it up with some lady. Going in to hit the bag not many people approach me as I am beating the **** out of it. But this dude walks up to me and starts talking to me like I'm his best pal.

He tells me how he's the best fighter in the world, and that nobody hits harder than him and he's going to be the next heavyweight champion. He is about 6'3" and looked to be about 200 pounds). I told him that was a pretty bold claim to be making and that he looked more like a light heavyweight.

So this guy is a boxer, and man can he talk up a storm! I was trying to do my bag work but he kept coming at me. We talked about DLH vs Maywhether, MMA vs. Boxing, Street vs. Sport

He asks me if I believe in god, and tells me how great Jesus is. He then goes on talking himself up. At one point he claims to be special forces, when I asked for clarification he said "well I'm like special forces, I'm a ninja".

I say: "well theres a difference between being "like" something and being something, making a bold claim like that is what I call "bullshido". He laughs and then chain-punches the bag.

On street vs sport he was saying how in a street fight he would just back handed rake his hand over their eyes and they wouldn't expect it and that would incapacitate his opponent. I asked: Have you ever executed that technique in training? No. So how do you know it works? His response: "It's martial arts man". I will spare you the lecture on aliveness and pressure testing this sent me into.

So we keep talking and we get onto the subject of technique and he is saying how great jabs are, and I explained the reason why they are not so popular in MMA. I spoke of the distance being different in MMA where you can't get into the pocket like in boxing or you'll end up in the clinch getting thrown or eating knees. He questioned the effectiveness of the clinch and he said that he could just use footwork and circle out of it.

He wanted a demonstration, I had my mouthguard but he didn't have his (he had this long story about how his $600 custom molded mouthguard fell out of his truck bed). So he told me to clinch with him and he would show me how he could use his super boxing footwork to neutralize it. Now I'm still wearing boxing gloves at this point, he just had boxing wraps on but said he didn't need to punch me. I got an over under clinch with him, he tried to jerk free for a second and I felt him off-balance, I stepped through and hip-tossed him into side control. He started thrashing and for a moment he seemed he was going to try to gouge my eyes out, but a moment later I had side control locked in and he was totally helpless.

"I'm in complete control now" I said before releasing him and standing up. "If we had kept going you would be unconscious or have a broken arm". He wanted to try again and show me how he could just defend a shot. So I get a double leg on him and we go down but as soon as I try to base on the damn slippery wood floor I slide over him and end up sprawled underneath him. I think he got my point though.

So I'll spare you the rest of the banter that ensued, but I invited him to come train muay thai tomorrow, and come train BJJ too. He seemed somewhat interested yet afraid that crosstraining kickboxing might screw up his boxing prospects.. I got his number and I'll be sure to be harassing him to come show, this cocky sonavabitch will be happy tappings, he needs a big slice of humble pie.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    5/17/2007 3:20am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I usually just tell people that martial arts are for fags and just keep hitting the bag. You have way more patience than me.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Being Sublime Daily

Posted On:
    5/17/2007 3:21am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bah, your approach does not involve judownage

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/17/2007 3:30am

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice work! I never seem to encounter such crazy people. I hope one day I do.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/17/2007 4:01am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I encountered A crazy martial arts kung fu man one night, he kept asking me if I had done kung fu, then we did sticky hands becuase I have seen it in videos and I knew what was talking about. I just pushed him backwards becuase I was bigger, then he got into how he could take a beating and if I ever needed to give anyone a beating I could call him.... I leaft at this point thinking this guys is some sort of pervert.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/17/2007 4:29am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MT, BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got drunk the other night and a guy kept telling me he was a thai boxer and had heard i did mma.
    he wanted to spar, and kept talking about it. i should have said 'no, i've had a few too many and so have you, we will tomorrow if you like'

i actually said

'ok then, out the back'

i presumed he would be sparring hard as he did muay thai and when i have trained in thai they have always sparred full contact.

so i boxed him.
    badly,

he fell over with wobbly legs saying.... no more.... no more....

then the adrenalin went away and i realised that i had beaten up a guy smaller and with less experience than me.
    all be it in a friendly way.

i still feel bad about that...

Ex-ninja

Posted On:
    5/17/2007 8:13am

Style: Muso Shinden Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by aegismaster
    I got drunk the other night and a guy kept telling me he was a thai boxer and had heard i did mma.
    he wanted to spar, and kept talking about it. i should have said 'no, i've had a few too many and so have you, we will tomorrow if you like'

i actually said

'ok then, out the back'

i presumed he would be sparring hard as he did muay thai and when i have trained in thai they have always sparred full contact.

so i boxed him.
    badly,

he fell over with wobbly legs saying.... no more.... no more....

then the adrenalin went away and i realised that i had beaten up a guy smaller and with less experience than me.
    all be it in a friendly way.

i still feel bad about that...
    Bah, he asked for it. Nothing to feel bad about.
    --
    L.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/17/2007 8:52am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MT, BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeh, **** him.

Posted On:
    5/17/2007 9:12am

Style: Lethargy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He'd probably feel better if you did.

Posted On:
    5/17/2007 9:33am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I admire your patience.
    At least your got the number close at the end!
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast