Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    5/16/2007 11:14am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You should also get icy hot and massage the **** out of your legs, in particular the hamstrings (the "back of the legs" that are being affected.) Try to stretch as well (with moderation of course).

DOMS is a good feeling to have, but I bet neither you did warm up before lifting, nor stretchted before and after. Proper hydration may be at play as well (drink water bitch!!!)

Assuming you didn,t get into the habit of warming up with 2 sets of squats, very light weight and high reps (20). I prefer to do a few sets of one-leg leg curls (20 reps per set) and immediately stretch my hamstrings, quads and calves. (BTW, when I don't do that, the day after squatting I'm walking like if I have staph on one of my balls.)

-- EDIT --

A couple of minutes in the stationary bike is a good warm up, too. But it's important to stretch before and after (or everyday in the morning whether you work out or not.)
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    5/16/2007 11:21am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    we have an exercise bike at home so I'll use that in future and do some bodyweight squats. I didn't think it'd be a problem cos it was only 20kg that I was carrying.

Is Icy Hot the same kinda thing as Deep Heat? The cream that stings like buggery when you put it on?
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Posted On:
    5/16/2007 11:24am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kinda. It stings and burn more in some areas than in others.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    5/16/2007 11:27am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I got some on my knackers when I had groin strain. My Dad found me screaming in the bathroom with my bollocks in a sink of cold water.
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Posted On:
    5/16/2007 11:32am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I forgot say never let that stuff near your wee wee, but I guess you know that already. :tard: For groin pain (or in case you have an accidental impact in that area), use vick vaporub in small amounts. It will warm up the area without burning you.

Posted On:
    5/19/2007 11:06pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Forgot about this thread for a bit, sorry.

Few things I would like to add/echo.

-Stay hydrated. This will assist in flushing out the system.
    -Potassium. Avoid those cramps.

If this happens in future, avoid going to class, since your learning would be heavily impeded by the fact you can barely move your legs. Instead do your chest and do your back in the following days. Light active rest in the following days too to continue blood flow in the affected areas. Everything should synch up and you should be healed enough to train normally again with a week.

Four days after, how do you feel?

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    5/19/2007 11:18pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I forgot say never let that stuff near your wee wee, but I guess you know that already.
    One time I pulled a groin muscle and had a rash at the same time, and well...you get the picture...great balls of fire.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12