Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/11/2008 12:16am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jkartigue
    LOL I talked with Rhadi last night after a tele seminar. Great guy BTW with a wealth of knowledge. Yea your right that template they use is straight McCrap. But I bet he would say if it works for all the bad ones why not for the good ones.
    Is it true that he's Kimbo Slice's cousin?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2008 2:59pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's a couple things you left out of your template:

1. The guy writing the article is always passing the secret along 2nd-hand. "I have to tell you about this guy I met who knows a super-secret deadly technique that he has never told anyone else but for some reason has allowed me to sell it in the back of comic books!"

2. The deadly secret MUST NEVER fall into the wrong hands. The honor system should suffice. "You have to promise that you will not apply for this if you are the type of person who would misuse this power!"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2008 10:31pm

Style: JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arhetton
    I don't really study judo so I'm not aware of its 'celebrities' (if he is one?), but thanks for letting me know.

Actually I'm not really very familiar with pro fighting and famous martial artists in general.

And hes not scary cause he does judo. Hes scary cause hes massive.

Also - didnt teh gr4ppl3 come from judo?

He's a BB in BJJ as well; and his intensity level is what's scary. I have grappled with him before and I could not tell how big he was in a gi but his intensity not his brute strength is what inpressed me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2008 10:31pm

Style: JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli
    Is it true that he's Kimbo Slice's cousin?

Yes - 100% true

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    2/16/2008 7:06am

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cough/Cool
    Yes - 100% true
    Then why the hell is Kimbo getting grappling at Bas Rutten's gym??? Seems he'd be better served by keepin' it in the family.
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    2/16/2008 7:45am

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cough/Cool
    Yes - 100% true
    Quote Originally Posted by kimboslice.org
    Kimbo Slice's real name is Kevin Ferguson and is 33 years old. He is the cousin of US Olympic Judoka Rhadi Ferguson.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jude
    Then why the hell is Kimbo getting grappling at Bas Rutten's gym???
    I'd train with Bas, given the choice in a place to prep for an MMA fight.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/16/2008 4:38pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

"Magnetic Marketing"

Quote Originally Posted by Arhetton
    Is there a name for the 'matt furey' style advertisements and training programs?
    Yes, the Fureyish advertisements are based upon the “Magnetic Marketing” templates from Dan Kennedy (google him). His ideas are based on the idea of “turn yourself from an annoying pest into a welcome guest.” I think he failed.

Furey, and many of those who follow the Magnetic Marketing templates, aren’t just selling their knowledge/goods: Their commodity is actually prestige. Sure, you can get in shape doing calisthenics. That isn’t to say they’ll do better than a conventional fitness program-- and even less likely give you psychic abilities, superior health, vivid dreams, etc. like Furey claims.

The prestige comes from knowing the secret they’re selling. It makes people feel special to know better than everyone else and even more special when they’re in an elite group who confirm their mutual superiority. When you can combine feeling superior with belonging to a group, people will pay dearly for what you’re selling.

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    2/16/2008 7:43pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Askari
    I'd train with Bas, given the choice in a place to prep for an MMA fight.
    No, I would too, but if Rhadi's his cousin, the grappling doesn't get better than that, especially considering their size and build being some comparable. I think Kimbo's style for the time being will be more ground&pound, & seeing the throws that someone who can bodily fling a guy through the air is able to perform... I don't know, I'm just saying...
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123