Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/16/2007 4:33am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Ever seen those matt furey spinoffs?

Is there a name for the 'matt furey' style advertisements and training programs?

I mean they all seem to follow a generic template

-promise fast results
    -quick or intense/little training
    -bizarre/unknown/ancient methods (shao lin monks or roman gladiators or whatever)
    - the SAME SHITTY FONTING

PROMISE!

THE D34dleY!

Testimonial!

"I used to not be deadly but now I am deadly thanks to *insert random shitty training program*"

Just order this set of 18 DvD's for $539.80

SPECIAL TODAY RECIEVE $29.99 off next order! Thats one DvD free!

So has anyone ever bought this crap? Heres a recent one I saw on youtube then went to the site to have a laugh...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLq9pQGJkIQ

http://www.comhracbascanada.com/indexpage1.htm

I've read the old article on Matt Furey on bullshido it made me giggle, what category however does this kind of 'street fighter' spam fall into?

RBSD + LARPing?

Am I totally wrong? Is this stuff le genuine articula?
    Last edited by Arhetton; 5/16/2007 4:37am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/16/2007 8:37am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arhetton
    Is this stuff le genuine articula?
    [sarcasm] Yes, yes it is. I increased my reality by 46%, my deadliness by over 54% and my t3h d34dliness by a whopping 78% using this program and excercising 3 seconds a week. I was once a computer geek getting beat up by bullies am now a professional (insert one)ninja, pirate, cowboy, jedi CIA assasin, d34dliness entreprenneur etc[/sarcasm]

These programs are almost invariably bullshit. I use the term almost because I do not own all of them. Before entering Bullshido however I bought quite a few and I can safely say that I totally wasted my money. And yes I have noticed that they all seem to come from the same template. I think (but am not sure so dont quote me) the template is actually copyrighted to Matt Furey and others have to pay him for his "superhuman marketing" program for the rights to use them.

Posted On:
    5/16/2007 8:45am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol!! hey how come your rep is so terrible? Did you make a bunch of silly posts when you first joined up?

I've written some dumb **** on other forums * blushes*

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    5/16/2007 9:02am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Freestyle Fighting Academy and several websites run by Rhadi Ferguson use the same template and marketing strategies. It annoys the **** out of me because

1. The entire marketing system blows and its retarded, and
    2. They are not bullshido, but by using those templates, they may turn legitimate customers off.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Silent Guardian

Posted On:
    5/16/2007 9:07am

Business Class Supporting Member
     Gladiators Academy Lafayette, LA Style: Judo, MMA, White Trash JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL I talked with Rhadi last night after a tele seminar. Great guy BTW with a wealth of knowledge. Yea your right that template they use is straight McCrap. But I bet he would say if it works for all the bad ones why not for the good ones.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/16/2007 9:20am

Style: MT noob, BJJ even noober

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Macho:

I know we talked about it in my other thread but I agree about the FFA site: to me it looks like a trainwreck. It is kind of strange since it used to be "normal" and (IMHO) much better before they went with the Furey Format. Although the flipside is that it must draw in customers or it would be changed back.

However, the academy and the Avellan's are top notch so it isn't an indicator of Bullshido in this case.

Posted On:
    5/16/2007 9:23am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lol I hate the template too, and its definately associated with more bullcrap than legit stuff.

a pity no-ones told your friend to change his website!

Posted On:
    5/16/2007 9:34am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arhetton
    Is there a name for the 'matt furey' style advertisements and training programs?

I mean they all seem to follow a generic template

-promise fast results
    -quick or intense/little training
    -bizarre/unknown/ancient methods (shao lin monks or roman gladiators or whatever)
    - the SAME SHITTY FONTING

PROMISE!

THE D34dleY!

Testimonial!

"I used to not be deadly but now I am deadly thanks to *insert random shitty training program*"

Just order this set of 18 DvD's for $539.80

SPECIAL TODAY RECIEVE $29.99 off next order! Thats one DvD free!

So has anyone ever bought this crap? Heres a recent one I saw on youtube then went to the site to have a laugh...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLq9pQGJkIQ

http://www.comhracbascanada.com/indexpage1.htm

I've read the old article on Matt Furey on bullshido it made me giggle, what category however does this kind of 'street fighter' spam fall into?

RBSD + LARPing?

Am I totally wrong? Is this stuff le genuine articula?

The best response to having been fooled into buying crap, is to post reviews of said tapes and DVDs on Bullshido. :)

Posted On:
    5/16/2007 9:44am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    People shouldn't be susceptible to risk (in this case, risk of spending a significant amount of money before being able to fully judge whether it is bona fide).

Why don't people ever sell cheaper versions or single DvD's etc? - it is always a set.
    I once saw one for over $1800 - thats more than it costs me to do a year of unlimited training!

thats alot of money to pay for a review that says 'this is crap' lol

Like I asked before, anyone ever bought this stuff? I've never even been tempted. I once got convinced to go into a multilevel marketing seminar when I was about 19 and ever since then I've been alot more skeptical of this kind of crap.

Silent Guardian

Posted On:
    5/16/2007 10:05am

Business Class Supporting Member
     Gladiators Academy Lafayette, LA Style: Judo, MMA, White Trash JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You tell him!
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast