Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Woke up in the mortuary

Posted On:
    5/16/2007 9:28am

Style: Judo, Sub wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    time I pwned: I was working omaplatas only. I got a fellow white belt in an omaplata off of a triangle, omaplata off of an opposite side armbar (both in), did the rubber guard progression to jiu-claw, omaplata off of a half-passed rubber guard, and an omoplata from mount. Not a marceloplata, an actual rolling oma by trapping an arm, letting him bridge me the opposite way, throwing a leg over. The fun thing was that this move seems to semi-frequently end up with them broken down enough to finish the oma. Anyone know if there's a name for this? if not I might be forced to call it the lolmoplata. These were all in one ~4 min roll. I haven't seen him lately, I worry that I discouraged him. =-/

Time I got pwned: rolling with a guy better than me and literally twice my weight. Started in his guard, immediately swept to under mount. Got to half immediately, passed immediately to side, he switches to kesa (oof) starts crushing me and working an arm down for a bent armlock or something. Being a squirmy flexible bastard I throw a leg over his hip despite my lack of oxygen and start taking the back. This prompts him to shift back to side, then immediately to north-south as I start to shrimp. I discover I am being smothered by fat folds. TAP

Posted On:
    5/16/2007 9:29am

Style: Les Mills Bodycombat™

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was training at a seminar with a guy who was a dan grade, he kept trying to thumb jab me on the arms and ribs to make me move but as I work occasionaly as a pain slut for voyuer sessions in a dungeon and had done one the day before they were not hurting me to any great effect, after about 3 minutes of this he went in the huff and got one of his students to train with me. I know it's not really pwnage but his face was a picture.

Woke up in the mortuary

Posted On:
    5/16/2007 9:31am

Style: Judo, Sub wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by adouglasmhor
    I was training at a seminar with a guy who was a dan grade, he kept trying to thumb jab me on the arms and ribs to make me move but as I work occasionaly as a pain slut for voyuer sessions in a dungeon and had done one the day before they were not hurting me to any great effect, after about 3 minutes of this he went in the huff and got one of his students to train with me. I know it's not really pwnage but his face was a picture.
    You have discovered the true Iron Body training.

Posted On:
    5/16/2007 9:51am

Style: Les Mills Bodycombat™

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Negation
    You have discovered the true Iron Body training.
    Yeah it involves having your arse caned till it bleeds.

Posted On:
    5/16/2007 9:58am

Style: submission grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Back when I was even more of a BJJ noob than I am now I was doing some pass the guard drills with another noob. The instructor said that I was to really resist the pass, without using my hands, by squeezing my legs tight. I squeezed and he tapped.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/16/2007 10:06am

Style: BJJ, Debate-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas
    I tapped someone out with a wrestling cradle.
    Wait. I'm sorry to go this far back in the thread, but how the hell do you tap somebody with a cradle? Were they absurdly inflexible? Or were you compressing the chest enough to make them lose their air?

Me pwning: about a month into my training, one of the other white belts, who is much bigger than me, decides to make things interesting after schooling me three times in a row by giving me his back (without hooks). Before he can turtle, I get one hook in, deep, and twist around to get it all the way across his belly. Seeing the body triangle coming, he grabs my foot and pulls it up, but if there's one thing I have, it's flexibility, and I survive it to get the body triangle. Once it's on he rolls around for about five minutes without moving me. I don't get the RNC (the only submission I knew from there, at the time) because he hand fights too well, but eventually he just taps out due to a combination of fatigue and frustration.

Me pwned: there are so goddamn many stories. I tapped to knee-on-belly once. Before you mock me, the guy had only gotten to side control to begin with because he was too large for me to physically close my guard around him. When he settled his knee on my sternum, I literally could not breathe. I don't mean "I was having trouble breathing," I mean my lungs were wholly nonfunctional. He was a nice guy, though, and looked a little embarrassed when I tapped to it. He's already slimming down from the training.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/16/2007 10:32am

Style: BJJ - SBGi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have been sneeze boxing for close to a year now, so my MT kicks are getting better. I kicked a kid a few weeks back once in the thigh and he stumbled to throw a punch, stopped, grabbed his leg and yelled tap. All within 30 seconds.

So after thinking I was a bad ass... Last night I get flower swept, and put in a key lock within 15 seconds.... lol He let it off before I could tap and started breakin my face from mount.... lol.... Its called Karma kids :)
    Last edited by Chizilds; 5/16/2007 10:37am at .

Posted On:
    5/16/2007 10:34am

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Guy had me in a bent arm bar, i told him not to have his face so close to my head because I could hit him in the face with my head.

he said go for it.

I broke his nose.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/16/2007 10:36am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neildo
    Guy had me in a bent arm bar, i told him not to have his face so close to my head because I could hit him in the face with my head.

he said go for it.

I broke his nose.
    fucking awesome.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/16/2007 11:45am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Liffguard
    Meh, this is how I got pwned rather than me pwning someone but it's still good. I was rolling with someone a fair bit bigger than me with about equal experience. I was turtled and he managed to get one hook in but not the other. I was looking for space, trying to work my way round into guard when he starts going for my other leg with his arms. I don't really know what he's doing so I keep working for guard. Suddenly, he rolls over with me on top of him and starts pulling my legs apart! He's got one of my legs between his legs and he's holding the other and pulling them apart! I tapped out fairly quick. Turns out this move is called a "banana split." Maybe that's common knowledge among the experienced grapplers here but I'd never even heard of it before that night. It was really fucking surprising.
    Haha I had a guy try that on me on my second or third day of BJJ. He spent like 10 minutes trying to pull it off before he realized (at the time) I could do a full split. He subsequently submitted me like 30 times, but thats a different story.
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast