228144 Bullies, 4725 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    5/16/2007 12:19am

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

AM/Pro Fighters Workouts

So Im going to have my first fight in June in an MMA event. (love saying that BTW).

We all talk about how the pros train and get a little info but not tons. We have a few fighters on here, so what do you do? What does your workouts look like? How do you incorporate skills and physical training?

Id like to know what other fighters do tog et ready for an event, be it kickboxing, boxing, MMA or some other full contact event. Once we have a few fighter routines, we can review them and ask questions and so on.

I know Anthony, Phrost, Omega, Sirc, Alex, KidSpatula, AnnaTrocity, LI GUY 1 and Im sure others have either had fights or will be having them shortly.

So what do you do?

EDIT : I know we have training logs but thats for day to day stuff. this should be your weekly routine that you mostly stick too in order to prep for a fight, this way we have them all in one spot.
    Last edited by GIJoe6186; 5/16/2007 12:36am at .

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    5/16/2007 1:11am

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dont mean to be rude, but Im not asking for advice and dont want this to become an advice thread. I just want a compilation of other fighters routines for reference. So we can all see what others do specifically.

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    5/16/2007 1:19am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm hardly the one to comment on this, but on Kyokushin4life they have workout routines of Pro Fighters, it mainly focuses on kyokushin guys who compete in kickboxing so it may not be too helpful:
    http://www.kyokushin4life.com/forums...splay.php?f=97

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    5/16/2007 6:08am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ill cycle for an hour a day at least. padwork for an hour, either sparring or bagwork for an hour after that for 3 afternoons a week. clinch sparring whenever i can, usualy about 20-30 minutes at the end of the sparring sessions (tuesday/wed/thurs)

Ill usually go into the uni gym for an hour or so of bagwork in the mornings, if i have time between lectures.

sparring for an hour or so at our city gym on friday night, usually preceded by skipping for fucking ever waiting for those lazy bastards to actually turn up. on monday and the weekends i do pad/bagwork and sometimes clinch sparring at the university gym with Boa and his guys. one of these 3 days ill have off. note that this is a "perfect" week which i havent had lately since i pulled my hamstring.