Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 7:13pm

Style: Luta Livre

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

the warrior diet

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody here is familiar with the concepts of the “warrior-diet”, described by Ori Hofmekler. If so, any thoughts, opinions or comments?

http://www.warriordiet.com/how2follow.html

regards
    vonstein

Competition Team Tag...yes?

Posted On:
    1/05/2006 12:31am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, DBMA, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My 2nd to last semester of college (Spring 02), I did the Warrior Diet. His anecdotal evidence is really reaching, but the diet worked. It was easy to stick to - nothing but celery and carrot sticks all day long, then into the crock pot for dinner. For a student, sticking to the diet is cake. The crock pot was my best friend. I was working out just before dinner, so my schedule matched his recommendations pretty well. That all changed when I had to start working nights and switched my workouts to the mornings. The diet didn't work so well for me then.

All in all, it was easy to follow and I liked it. If you're thinking of doing it, test run it for a month and see how you feel.

Aloha, Poi
    Last edited by poidog; 1/05/2006 12:33am at .
    Kuha'o - Kela - Koa

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    1/05/2006 1:09am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm on it now and it works when you stick with it. Like Poi, my lifestyle is not too conducive to the diet right now, as I work door. However, the diet works, and it works like a beast. You not only eat better, but you do feel better. I got to enjoy being hungry, it gave me a very predatory feel.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    1/05/2006 1:14am

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Even though I undereat during the day now anyway, it's not by choice... and when I do get a chance, I fill up as much as I can. No way I could stick to this. All I would be thinking about is food. It's not easy to do differential equations when you have a hamburger (a real one, not the crappy McDonald's kind) on your mind.

EDIT: **** it, I'm close enough to it, so I'll just go all the way and try it for a month or so.

Competition Team Tag...yes?

Posted On:
    1/05/2006 1:55am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, DBMA, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually PL, once you get past the first 3~4 days, the cravings during the day go away. It's a lot like what DA108 said, you almost enjoy the hunger in the back of your mind...kinda predatory. Try it, you'll dig it.
    Kuha'o - Kela - Koa

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    1/05/2006 2:20am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm on it now to try to lose the nice little keg I have and trade it in for a six pack.

Cravings during the day...you're not truly starving yourself, drink lots of water, a few carrot sticks or celery here and there, a handful of nuts, maybe a piece of beef jerky if you just can't cut it.

After your body acclimates, you just get used to it.

Around 4 or 5 though, you get hungry. But it's not the "man, I'm fucking starved..." kinda hungry. You seriously start feeling predatory. I feel more alert, on edge. I feel like a wolf looking for a nice little deer to kill. When I get to my afternoon workout, I don't really feel like I've been starving all day, I feel like it's time to hunt. Now, I'll admit that's as much me talking to myself, but it's really easy to convince myself to go all out, because I know that reward of a big ass salad, a nice big piece of meat, and some rice is waiting for me. You don't fight your sparring partners, you hunt them...

And what he says about the diet affecting your sex life is true for me as well...in fact, it's kind of the same effect as the predatory hunger...if you catch my meaning.

It takes some adjustment, but it's no where near as hard to do as Atkins or South Beach, and the Warrior Diet is constructed with martial artists in mind. It's a diet book that's actually enjoyable to read as well.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2006 8:24am

Style: grab & elbow the head

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't believe in the warrior diet, I believe in frequent meals (like 6 per day), however there is evidence supporting the warrior diet:

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459242

this interview gets confirmed by this:

http://www.nydailynews.com/05-26-200...8p-78493c.html

summary of the warrior diet: http://diet.ivillage.com/plans/plowcarb/0,,q50k,00.html

good luck if you try it

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    1/06/2006 2:53pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by poidog
    Actually PL, once you get past the first 3~4 days, the cravings during the day go away. It's a lot like what DA108 said, you almost enjoy the hunger in the back of your mind...kinda predatory. Try it, you'll dig it.
    Well, it's Day 2 and I already gave up. :(

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2006 3:41pm

Style: grab & elbow the head

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @poop loops

what is your goal?

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    1/06/2006 4:00pm