Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/09/2007 1:03pm

Style: Sambo, MT, BJJ, CH

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sounds more like an advertisment spokesman. that aside,
    Grappling? they teach you grappling? what kind?
    im assuming from previous posts about it looking like tfd/hapkido that the
    "grappling" you're doing is mostly wrist locks, and really bad hapkido ground work.
    But would you care to elaborate?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/09/2007 1:43pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Submission wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why do I even look at these threads? I just start to get all worked up. Now Im going to lose sleep tonight.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/09/2007 2:02pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Submission wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I did a little research and it appears that this move is a ancient chinese anti-red flag touch technique.

Sorry I was bored.:new_gmorn

"Yes Neko, please keep telling me more about your manly collection of Star Wars audiobooks"

Posted On:
    11/09/2007 2:09pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man, some of those instructors look like they could not fight their way out of a wet paper bag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    Yeah, you're probably right.

But still, something about having a black guy or a lesbian jump out from behind a garbage can yelling "SURPRISE GONG SAU" at any of your big-named RBSD kooks makes me giggle like a little girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    There are two kinds of members on MAP:

1. LARPers/Partial Artists
    2. People who haven't heard about Bullshido.
    The Mighty McClaw to Fox when refusing to fight AnnaT.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw
    Don't fight girls? When are you living, the 1850's? I suppose you think they shouldn't work or vote either.
    Get with the times and punch a chick.
    Wingchundo's response after I called him a "*****"

Quote Originally Posted by wingchundo View Post
    Hey, I resemble that remark!

Ok, time for a snappy comeback.... uh...

OK. Here goes.

You are what you eat!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2007 2:48am

Style: Kempo/Kickboxing/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's not necessarily the style about it anymore as what the things have been mentioned about the "grandmaster". Long story short, it was a taekwondo (ATA) school, kinda hardcore, partners with his own brother who was a former police officer. Basically, the grandmaster partnered with the ata grandmaster's relative (I have no idea who), left the ATA, ormed another school and cut his brother out of the businness in order to control all of it.

quote from the email sent to me from someone who was close to them. Whether this is true or not I have no idea, but with the missing link of the grandmaster as it is, and the legitimacy of the fact from someone I know who has experience in said style along with other styles that are actually legit, it remains open.

"Franzen stayed with ATA for a number of years, but eventually opted to leave the ATA and go with a new organization - one where he could be more powerful and control more of the business. Franzen teamed up with a relative of the ATA's grand master, left the ATA, and formed Taekwondo America. It was at this time that he ended up selling the fitness center in Mt. Washington and cut his brother Scott out of the business completely. Scott was furious about this, but - for whatever reason - there was nothing he could legally do. Scott's story ends here."

NOTE: This was never an attack on Patten. My cousin actually knows him and says he is a great guy, and truthfully DOES care about his students so I respect that aspect, regardless.

Great, now I require an energy drink to calm me down. (don't ask)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2007 2:49am

Style: Kempo/Kickboxing/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So we know that the style originates somewhat from ATA TKD, at least part of the puzzle has been solved.

Posted On:
    6/15/2009 12:01pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: shaolin-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Maududo

Have met Jason Patten he is one of the nicest, most sincere, decent guys I have ever met, although he couldnt pick me out of a police lineup. My son was in some introductory classes with Jason several years ago I was staggered by how good this guy was with kids and the discipline he demanded/expected and got from his students. His students that i have talked to are fiercly loyal. My wife recently started training under one of Jason students . I cant identify exactly what the system is, its seems to be a family system but growing pretty rapidly. I know its a combination of Tae kwondo and Karate it seems to be a very effective hybrid. She is being taught forms etc but alot of stress on applications. She loves it

Posted On:
    8/14/2012 1:34pm

Bullshido Newbie

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are all very ignorant.
    I've been a part of Maududo since last April, as has my brother.
    We don't "catch a punch." We earn our black belts just like everyone else. I just got my brown belt in the West Chester school. I had to learn a form, bo, applications, knowledge & be able to break boards. I've gone to tournaments and gone to seminars (including a sparring with Jadi Tention). Please go to the school and classes before you insult it. (:

Posted On:
    8/14/2012 1:35pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Neko View Post
    Man, some of those instructors look like they could not fight their way out of a wet paper bag.
    Looks are deciving. My instructor there has been to the junior olympics for it.

Posted On:
    8/14/2012 1:36pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin.74 View Post
    No offense, but your description of your view as "un-biased" would seem to be inaccurate. Your a current student at his school and you greatly enjoy what your doing and learning. It would be difficult to be unbiased in your opinions regarding Maududo.

Have you trained at other schools? Have you trained with instructors outside of Maududo? If you haven't done these things then you would be inaccurate in labeling your opinions as "unbiased"
    I have, and Maududo is the best I've been in.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast