Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2007 8:00pm

Style: Karate / Judo Noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NuclearFist
    Now they have some ad somewhere (I'll post the link when I find it) that guarantees a bladk belt in two years or less. Our motto: Belts are earned, not bought." to piss them off. Seriously, they have a special move that looks like Ryu's (Street Fighter 2) Haduken, but they call it a Dragon's Catch. It is supposedly used to catch a fucking punch. Using your hands....to catch a punch....to CATCH A FUCKING PUNCH! Will someone PLEASE explain to me what I should do. A couple other schools that are good buds of ours (one is a intense tourny training school....good dudes, too.) wanna storm them.
    It's actually directly on their website under the Adult Class section http://www.maududo.com/public/adult.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by Maududo Website
    We employ state of the art teaching methods, a dynamic curriculum, and a flexible schedule that allows most people to achieve their first degree Black Belt in about two years.
    But I will give them this; sparring is required once students reach Black Belt level in either Tournament or Freestyle rules (ummm, what the hell is "Freestyle Rules"). At least they make sure they're black belts know how to play tag. http://www.maududo.com/public/sparring.htm

Also, I'm just up the perverbial road (highway if you will) in Dayton if you need any assistance on checking the place out.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/20/2007 10:19am

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't find anything in the Menudo...errr I mean Mau do do website that explains who and what they are. Looking at their uniforms , it does patterned similarly closef to Hapkido / ITF TKD uniforms.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    5/20/2007 12:31pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [QUOTE=NuclearFist]Now they have some ad somewhere (I'll post the link when I find it) that guarantees a bladk belt in two years or less. Our motto: Belts are earned, not bought." to piss them off. Seriously, they have a special move that looks like Ryu's (Street Fighter 2) Haduken, but they call it a Dragon's Catch. It is supposedly used to catch a fucking punch. Using your hands....to catch a punch....to CATCH A FUCKING PUNCH! Will someone PLEASE explain to me what I should do. A couple other schools that are good buds of ours (one is a intense tourny training school....good dudes, too.) wanna storm them.[/QUOTE]

I would not recommend this, you would be opening yourself up to legal action. If you do go ahead with "storming" them, be advised that you are in no way shape or form a representative of Bullshido. I am sure the Bullshido legal staff will be a long shortly to tell you the don'ts of this.

The best course of action would be a visit to the school and a Q&A with the "founder" Video of sparring would also be good.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/20/2007 5:55pm

Style: Karate / Judo Noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin.74
    I would not recommend this, you would be opening yourself up to legal action. If you do go ahead with "storming" them, be advised that you are in no way shape or form a representative of Bullshido. I am sure the Bullshido legal staff will be a long shortly to tell you the don'ts of this.

The best course of action would be a visit to the school and a Q&A with the "founder" Video of sparring would also be good.
    Just to clarify, this is what I meant when I said I would be willing to assist

Posted On:
    5/20/2007 8:32pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi everyone. At Bullshido we do not encourage "Dojo Storming" because if people get hurt and arrested they will blame our site for actions committed by others who do not represent Bullshido. Just because you registered here does not mean that you have approval to go onto someone else's property and commit assault.

By all means go visit, take notes, and post a review here. Ask the instructor questions. If you want to call him out you are going to need proper releases, a ref, and his consent to such a match in which you are representing yourself, and only yourself.

The Bullshido Legal Staff

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/21/2007 5:45pm

Style: Kempo/Kickboxing/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, I would not storm any dojo. Other schools are wanting to, but we all agreed to keep out of it (my school anyways). The only thing I would do is ask questions in secret (meaning not representing anyone but myself.) So, no worries, bro's. I just think that if you want to claim you are a legit style, you may as well explain how it came to be and what the history of your certain mixed styles are. So far, this guy hasn't done a damn thing. However, that, too, can be false because they can name people in martial arts history and claim to be from them, but, in reality, they were taught by someone different and in a completely different teaching altogether. I just don't trust the system, is all, which makes my head hurt.

To the Bullshido Legal Staff: I appreciate your concern and I 100% understand the actions and consequences that would follow. However, I will point out I will not storm and I won't say that you guys told me to, because you didn't. So, no worries again. Sorry for the miscommunication everyone, my bad.

Posted On:
    8/08/2007 1:35am

Bullshido Newbie

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Don't Knock What You Don't Know

Saw the bad reps you guys are giving to Maududo and thought I should fill you in. I know of the specific dojos you are referring to and cannot comment on those because I don't know them personally. However, there is at least one other dojo in the area that teaches Maududo, Patten's Martial Arts and I can say nothing but good things about it. The owners are wonderful and Jason Patten is amazing. Maududo is a family-style form that focuses on self-defense and character development. Maybe doesn't seem serious enough for chuk-heads, but the school is excellent and I can say that they do not offer fly by night belts. You can refer to their website at keepkicking.com to see training requirements for most of the belts. Not only do they have sparring but their students do enter competitions. I don't know what affiliation they have with the Maududo schools, if there even is one other than the style. My daughter is studying there and I watch other classes every week and have been nothing but impressed. I've had friends who have taught and competed with Smith's and a number of other dojos in Cincinnati and they have given me nothing but good feedback about Patten's. I also wanted to comment on the number of remarks from other posters about badmouthing other schools. It's my understanding that the kind of attitude that's being exhibited is exactly what martial arts isn't about. Maybe you guys need to go back and review what you were supposed to learn to get where you are now.

Posted On:
    8/08/2007 1:46am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    P.S. I don't know what the deal is with the rumor that the style teaches about catching a punch, but I personally witnessed the kids being told at Patten's that you CANNOT catch at punch, it's only in the movies. Either someone posting is very misinformed, or there is something very different in the Maududo being taught at the Maududo named schools and the Maududo style being taught at Patten's.

Posted On:
    8/29/2007 6:50am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: iai-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maududo must be a great dojo by looking at the pictures on the home page. There's a guy in a gi with a headband doing a high kick in front of shoji doors/walls. With all those 'oriental' trappings it has to be an effective method of self defense.
    I think I will decorate my house the same way so I can feel safe and secure.

Just joking. Please go easy on me, I am a noob here. And mostly an armchair warrior, too.

Guess which finger is the fickle one...

Posted On:
    8/29/2007 7:27am

supporting member
     Style: Karate/ Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by evey1970
    P.S. I don't know what the deal is with the rumor that the style teaches about catching a punch, but I personally witnessed the kids being told at Patten's that you CANNOT catch at punch, it's only in the movies. Either someone posting is very misinformed, or there is something very different in the Maududo being taught at the Maududo named schools and the Maududo style being taught at Patten's.
    Did you read the websites listed in the earlier posts, or just see the style name and decide to defend it because your daughter takes it?

What martial arts background do you personally have, so that we can add the weight of your experience and training to your observations.

It is unfortunate when a trained opinion is mistaken for the knee jerk reaction of a parent who is riding on the bandwagon of the latest babysitting service / club of the month.
    If you can't laugh at yourself,
    Others will be happy to do it for you. :evil6:

The 2 most abundant elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast