Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/13/2007 5:00pm

Style: Kempo/Kickboxing/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

WTF Is Maududo in Cincinnati, OH?

It seems in this wonderful (sarcasm) city of Cincinnati, there are numerous dojos popping up using a style called Maududo. I tried googling it, and not much there, just local articles claiming that it is such a great style, blah blah blah. I searched their site, and checked their Instructors. They have over 40 Instructors, a good portion 4th degree black belts. One 4th degree BB is........(drumroll) 16 fucking years old. Now, Im not one to knock styles or anything, but this is definitely reeking of something bad.

How did I find this out? One of my Instructors was talking to me after class one day, shooting the **** really, and I mentioned this site. He said he checked it and liked it, makes them more aware of what's going around in this area. Questioning that, he gave me this site about something called Maududo and this one school down the street.

http://www.maududo.com/ This is the site for Maududo, and the chain. Three schools owned by one dude, however, there are 8 more schools around Cincinnati in other suburban areas that have sprung up.

Should this **** really make my head hurt THIS much?

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/13/2007 5:22pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Level 9 is from the ancient Chinese art of Chi Kung. Chi Kung is breathing exercises designed to promote health and
    energy. Level 9ís Quality is Love. Students are asked to once again look inside to understand what Love means to
    them. This leads to a greater awareness and, hopefully, greater appreciation of our higher selves.
    Oh boy. Well, I'm looking to see if the Grand Master pops up anywhere. I can't find anything that really says what styles this is derived from in the first place.

http://www.maududo.com/public/about.htm

I have a problem with damn near every level.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 5/13/2007 5:25pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/13/2007 5:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He's the first one on the Instructor page, but he has no Bio. An old co-worker of mine has the first Bio.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    5/13/2007 5:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know what you have to do:

DEATH MATCH CHALLENGE

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    5/13/2007 5:46pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is this the boy band from Puerto Rico!! Oh never mind I just looked at the website.

I am also in Cincy and this is the first time I've heard anything about these guys. Of course I'm not from here and people at my school don't really bother paying attention to any schools outside of our gym unless they're fighting in the cage.

It looks like your atypical TKD/HKD stuff repackaged for marketing reasons. I find it funny that they have 4 different age groups on the website,

Lil Dragons
    Kids
    Teens
    Adults

Generally I've only seen at the most 3 (Lil Dragons, kids, adults), makes me wonder if they're is some kind of fee involved when you move into each new group.

This little quote caught my eye,
    "We'll have your child feeling like they're Bulletproof and 10 feet tall in no time" .... "In fact we work with almost all of the elementary schools in the Eastgate, Amelia and Milford areas. Through our after school Karate Club program we have raised over $50,000 in two years for the schools."
    Not necessarily anything bad there, it just jumped out at me a little bit.

Can't say anything for sure about this place without more info. I looked at the vid section and there were many videos about techniques. Palm heel, Knifehand, Hammer fist, etc. but none of sparring which is disappointing. If I can free up some time maybe I'll go check them out and report back. Any other Cincy bullies here with info on this place?

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    5/13/2007 5:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Oh boy. Well, I'm looking to see if the Grand Master pops up anywhere. I can't find anything that really says what styles this is derived from in the first place.

http://www.maududo.com/public/about.htm

I have a problem with damn near every level.
    Yeah I'm going through the "level" stuff now. It screams rehased HKD to me. Then level 9 gets to be about love and chi gong. WTF. The grandmaster is the first guy on the bio page, he is also the founder of Menudo, I mean Madudo. What his qualifications are and who he learned from are mysteriously absent.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/13/2007 7:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ronin, where you roll at? Im the other Amelia martial arts school (definitely NOT Menudo). Hahahaha, dude I gotta tell my Master about this Menudo. But yeah, they keep trying to outdo our school, saying "Other schools make you train for years without the guarantee of a black belt. Our school we guarantee it in 2 years, maybe 1 year!" This **** makes Baby Jesus cry.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    5/13/2007 7:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Guarantees of BB in 2 years would definitely be McDojo. To see where I roll just click the little red house by my name.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/13/2007 8:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Saw it, pretty cool place, it seems. Yeah, me an a couple of my school buds are wanting to go scout it, they called a bit ago and asked what I showed them is true. This is fucking hilarious.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/18/2007 7:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now they have some ad somewhere (I'll post the link when I find it) that guarantees a bladk belt in two years or less. Our motto: Belts are earned, not bought." to piss them off. Seriously, they have a special move that looks like Ryu's (Street Fighter 2) Haduken, but they call it a Dragon's Catch. It is supposedly used to catch a fucking punch. Using your hands....to catch a punch....to CATCH A FUCKING PUNCH! Will someone PLEASE explain to me what I should do. A couple other schools that are good buds of ours (one is a intense tourny training school....good dudes, too.) wanna storm them.
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast