Page 3 of 3 First 123

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was grappling on the weekend with a guy who tried to RNC me but couldn't get all the way in, so instead he wrenched on my jaw for a good couple of minutes. It's still kind of tender but I could have tapped in that situation if I had an injury like you.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, ive been grappling for almost 3 months now and i havent been fucked just yet. Been rnc-ed plenty, but i usually open my neck and let them have it. I pull their arm down to fight it for a while.... but i end up tapping most of the time.

How bout accidental elbows or knees across the jaw? Any of u guys experience that before? I want to preserve my somewhat pretty (despite) face, I dont want my jaw to go sideways even more. lol. Do those hardcore mouthguards keep your jaws in place even with impact from the sides?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did someone slap a dave turton face bar on you or something?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    have no idea what that is

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pff you wouldn't. Back before the idea for this place was even invented I was on tung fu talking to davey t, who taught me the legendary face bar. No wonder you all suck, don't even know the face bar?!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How bout accidental elbows or knees across the jaw? Any of u guys experience that before? I want to preserve my somewhat pretty (despite) face, I dont want my jaw to go sideways even more.
    It happens, especially in no-gi. 3 times this past week, I've been smacked right in the mouth because my opponent was pushing towards me, and their hand slipped off my sweaty arms and nailed me. Luckily, I had my $10 mouthpiece in or I could've had a bloody lip.

I've also accidentally hit someone in the side of the head with my knee because they postured up as I was trying to do a triangle choke.

But in your case, the two big things I think you can help prevent by telling your partner is tell them not to crossface your jaw and not to crank your jaw like in a RNC. Hell, just tell them "My jaw is fucked up, please don't hurt it."

As for preserving a pretty face, you could roll with something like this:

http://www.fightingarts.com/estore/c...ety_head.shtml
    Last edited by Judah Maccabee; 7/31/2007 2:03pm at .

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My jaw pops out (I guess it dislocates) on the left side all the time, and I train BJJ. However, in my particular case, there is no pain involved. It simply goes out and I have to work it around to pop it back in.

Also, it does this if I sleep on my left side. Basically, it pops out several times every night and sometimes while rolling. It doesn't affect me at all. However, your case may be different, so I suggest you ask a doctor about it. Just wanted to say don't give up hope on being able to train.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't roll with assholes or people who are nice, but get carried away. Or, you could take up volleyball and meet some chichks. What do I know.......

Page 3 of 3 First 123