Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2007 4:49am

Style: Boxing & Submissions

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was grappling on the weekend with a guy who tried to RNC me but couldn't get all the way in, so instead he wrenched on my jaw for a good couple of minutes. It's still kind of tender but I could have tapped in that situation if I had an injury like you.

Posted On:
    7/31/2007 6:47am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, ive been grappling for almost 3 months now and i havent been fucked just yet. Been rnc-ed plenty, but i usually open my neck and let them have it. I pull their arm down to fight it for a while.... but i end up tapping most of the time.

How bout accidental elbows or knees across the jaw? Any of u guys experience that before? I want to preserve my somewhat pretty (despite) face, I dont want my jaw to go sideways even more. lol. Do those hardcore mouthguards keep your jaws in place even with impact from the sides?

Posted On:
    7/31/2007 10:31am

Style: Dragon Ball Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did someone slap a dave turton face bar on you or something?

Posted On:
    7/31/2007 10:43am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    have no idea what that is

Posted On:
    7/31/2007 11:00am

Style: Dragon Ball Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pff you wouldn't. Back before the idea for this place was even invented I was on tung fu talking to davey t, who taught me the legendary face bar. No wonder you all suck, don't even know the face bar?!

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    7/31/2007 2:01pm

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How bout accidental elbows or knees across the jaw? Any of u guys experience that before? I want to preserve my somewhat pretty (despite) face, I dont want my jaw to go sideways even more.
    It happens, especially in no-gi. 3 times this past week, I've been smacked right in the mouth because my opponent was pushing towards me, and their hand slipped off my sweaty arms and nailed me. Luckily, I had my $10 mouthpiece in or I could've had a bloody lip.

I've also accidentally hit someone in the side of the head with my knee because they postured up as I was trying to do a triangle choke.

But in your case, the two big things I think you can help prevent by telling your partner is tell them not to crossface your jaw and not to crank your jaw like in a RNC. Hell, just tell them "My jaw is fucked up, please don't hurt it."

As for preserving a pretty face, you could roll with something like this:

http://www.fightingarts.com/estore/c...ety_head.shtml
    Last edited by Judah Maccabee; 7/31/2007 2:03pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2007 1:57pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My jaw pops out (I guess it dislocates) on the left side all the time, and I train BJJ. However, in my particular case, there is no pain involved. It simply goes out and I have to work it around to pop it back in.

Also, it does this if I sleep on my left side. Basically, it pops out several times every night and sometimes while rolling. It doesn't affect me at all. However, your case may be different, so I suggest you ask a doctor about it. Just wanted to say don't give up hope on being able to train.

Posted On:
    8/07/2007 6:16pm

Style: TKD, MT, KEMPO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't roll with assholes or people who are nice, but get carried away. Or, you could take up volleyball and meet some chichks. What do I know.......
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123