Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/07/2009 5:28pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ysc87
    It's kind of funny how every single person who posts here in "defense of their teacher" are pretty much carbon copies of each other, just some with better grammar and spelling than others.

Lysak may be a good fighter, and he may train good people, but Bullshido does not approve of fluffed resumes, and we have no problem telling people this. You may not care how legitimate his ranks are, but we do. Get it through your head.
    not a problem,I feel the same way you do.
    If he put his ranks on his website ,he should post his certificates there as well.
    I don't know if his resumes are fluffed or not .so i can't honestly speak about it.
    "Although I feel they are legit"
    I can only speak about the skill they do have because i trained it,felt it. so I'm not trying to miss lead people by speaking about what i do know,and what I don't know.

I'm a honest guy.

Posted On:
    1/07/2009 5:46pm

Style: crapp-lawl-ing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ACE911
    I'm a honest guy.
    I think you are expressing your opinions honestly too.

Just making sure you understand why we do and say the things we do.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/08/2009 12:49am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ACE911
    not what i said, i never said royce was source of his jujitsu. I said the first time i ever seen jujitsu being used in a real fight was in UFC 1. Then i said i went to watch a class at lysaks but never joined at that time. i was loyal to the school i was at. but some years later i joined.
    Please take the time to read the responses okay? Did I say you did? No.

I quoted your response to a question. You said they learned from J. Gracie. When pressed you said "Gracie? Gracie JiuJitsu."
    I said this is where the BJJ questions surfaced. I didn't say he learned from Royce.

Do I need to post the entire exchange so you understand my quote?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/08/2009 3:02am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Please take the time to read the responses okay? Did I say you did? No.

I quoted your response to a question. You said they learned from J. Gracie. When pressed you said "Gracie? Gracie JiuJitsu."
    I said this is where the BJJ questions surfaced. I didn't say he learned from Royce.

Do I need to post the entire exchange so you understand my quote?
    no i did not say they learned from J gracie which was a type error,i meant royce gracie. I did not mean he learned from royce. only that i saw royce in ufc 1
    i said that it was the first time i ever seen jujitsu in a real fight UFC 1. so i decided to go watch a class in jujitsu. I also said that i'm not sure of the dates or if it was UFC 1 when i decided to go watch either,because it was such along time ago now and i have seen almost all UFC events.

if you look back on my post 57 which is still there you will see that. but still ,no problem just a small miss-understanding. bjj is not the only jujitsu that has ground fighting,ken shamrock was trained in jujitsu in japan. so it might look like bjj but it is Japanese. i could be wrong on that,not sure. I'm almost sure. anyways i sure would like the lysak's to speak for themselves on here. i have already stated that.

i just went back and read my post 57, i can see why there may have been confusion.

so i'll make it clearer (I saw royce gracie in UFC 1)Win with gracie jujitsu.

I looked to see if there was any jujitsu schools around. lysak was the only one around at that time. so i went and watched a class. "I'm not sure if it was at the time of UFC 1 because it was so long ago.

Lysaks at the time that i went there was already doing MMA. This was really surprising to me because every single school around here were doing kata's. they weren't, they were fighting/ kickboxing and grappling. "I did not know what to think about that at the time." All other styles and schools in my area were emphasizing kata's.

shootfighting at lysak's back then looked like this. except lysak's use the peek-a-boo style popularized by mike tyson. but like i said i'm not sure of the dates,was a long time ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV_G7FgJAK8

of course they were not that intense, it was training that looked like that.

but this is about his credentials and I'm afraid i can't help, i don't know.

thanks
    Last edited by ACE911; 1/08/2009 4:19pm at .
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213