Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Gold Summit Martial Arts Institute

Posted On:
    5/15/2007 12:04pm

Style: Ba Zheng Dao Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldarbong
    Am I the only one who thinks that Jake should have gone into K-1? I think he would clean up, what with his samoan chin and all. He basically seems like a wife-beating version of Mark Hunt.
    Of course Boba Fett would clean up in K-1

Posted On:
    5/15/2007 4:18pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWarCheese
    Where can I find a video of the capoeira fight? My friend in my capoeira class thinks it's more than breakdancing and when I show him the few clips of modern MMA capoeiristas out there who either A) loose or B) Use BJJ and show off with capoeira at the end and he claims they're not "The old Mestres of Brazil" so, if I could find a Mestre crawling out of the ring, that'd be nice.
    Challenge him to spar.

What I've seen agrees with you. They either lose or BJJ/Wrestling combo to avoid takedowns/deal with ground.

I'd also look for clips of Jean 'White Bear' Silva who uses BJJ and capo to fight. Great fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK_M-OxhjNA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZljCjwBteM

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/15/2007 4:23pm

Style: Capoeira Angola

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tell your friend that capoeira is not a fight but an african social event connecting the participants with the ancestors. He should read TJ Desch-Obi's research. Never meant to be a form of self defense. The original meanings were lost to or never translated for alot of people taking it up in the 19th and 20th century and so you have all these people learning it and mistaking it for self defense, breakdancing, etc...

Posted On:
    5/15/2007 4:24pm

Style: BJJ and Jits with Hits

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was reading about that Riot. Sam Sheridan referenced it in Fighter's Heart. He said Renzo was stabbed during the riot. I think that is what fight finder is referencing
    Last edited by gi or not to gi; 5/15/2007 4:29pm at .

poser

Posted On:
    5/15/2007 4:35pm

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was watching Pride reruns (Pride 10 I think) on FSNY the other day and saw the first round and a half of Kazushi Sakuraba v. Renzo Gracie. Gracie was on his back, Sakuraba was standing up, and, out of nowhere Sakuraba throws... A CARTWHEEL! Yes, a cartwheel, and an utterly ineffective one at that. Basically nothing happened as a result.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/15/2007 4:40pm

Style: Mo-jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff
    Mark Kerr . . . won the final fight of that tournament with headbutts from guard.
    I heard him coaching one of his IFL fighters to repeatedly headbutt the solar plexus from guard.

Quote Originally Posted by kwoww
    Gracie was on his back, Sakuraba was standing up, and, out of nowhere Sakuraba throws... A CARTWHEEL!
    That was an attempted guard pass.

poser

Posted On:
    5/15/2007 4:55pm

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maurice
    That was an attempted guard pass.
    I figured, but it was the most random thing ever.

Posted On:
    5/15/2007 5:14pm

Style: Muay Thai n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MSphinx
    Here you go. Hulk got smashed. He didn't use much Capoeira though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRtt4LT-Q5I
    Thanks for the vids, too bad he didn't do enough capo to convince my friends in capoeira club. Ah well, I'm sure there's some psycho Mestre out there who knows just enough to keep from being DEMOLISHED long enough to convince them (then again, at this point I doubt anything will... stubborn bastards...)

Posted On:
    6/10/2007 12:57am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KempoFist
    Renzo Gracie vs Eugenio Tadeu - No Contest (Fans Rioted)
    Found some info on this. Info below is highly embellished, but amusing.
    CWMOVfbI5Vg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWMOVfbI5Vg

MAIN EVENT - Renzo Gracie (GJJ) v Eugenio Tadeau (Luta Livre)
    Tadeau grabs a sloppy double-leg and literally rips Gracie's legs from under him and dumps him on the mat. Now people are coming from everywhere to hang on the ring apron; one loses his balance and falls into the teeming mass of rabid fans which crowd-surfs him briefly before presumably stomping his face in. The referee steps between Tadeau and Gracie in an attempt to restore order. And then? Well, then all hell breaks lose. The camera pulls back for a wide shot from. the ring and you can clearly see a man standing on the ring apron being pulled down into the crowd by his shirt with punches flying before he even touched the ground. A chair flies from off screen and bounces off the head of a poor spectator who probably just wanted to drink beer, oggle the foxy Brazilian ring girls, and cheer drunkenly.

Instead, fans grab all available chairs and just start wackin'. You've seen the ECW footage of the chair barrage in the ring? Well, throw in 5000 drunken Brazilians howling in anger over being denied a decisive finish to their main event, and you've got the very definition of a NHB clusterfuck. One poor slob takes a brutal, Foley-esque chairshot to the back of his head as he cranes his neck in vain to see the ring, and with adrenelin running high, the crowd starts to riot, Brazilian-style! A small man drags his 300+lb neighbor to the ground and locks in a triangle choke from his guard! A bald man looks furiously for an exit, only to be blindsided with a rear-naked choke from a wide-eyed teenager in a Gracie t-shirt! A frightened photographer taps out to an elderly lady in a floral print gi! Even the referee goes down at the hands of an angry fan, who shoots in for a double leg and immediately sinks in a kneebar! He's pulling his leg! And pulling his leg! And pulling his leg! Just like I'm pulling YOUR leg!

Chairshots and wild punching is the order of the day, disappointingly. The video cuts off here, and when it resumes, the house lights are on and all of the ringside seats are in chaotic heaps around the ring, with the fighters nowhere to be seen. There ain't a winner, and the eventual outcome of this match is filed away in the "What if?" cabinet with the winner of the 1994 World Series (which would have been the Yankees, BTW). Would Tadeau have continued his late dominance and been the first man to crush the Gracie NHB legend with the entire NHB world watching? Could Renzo have managed a miracle comeback predicated on Eugenio's sloppy groundfighting and pulled the rabbit from the trap, as in Gracie v Severn at UFC4? Alas, we will never know. No rematch was signed.
    http://www.deathvalleydriver.com/dvdvr/dvdvr88.html
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    6/10/2007 1:35am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KempoFist
    Gary Goodridge vs Mario Neto - Submission (No Apparent Reason)
    LMFAO!!!
    omg i actually couldnt breathe from laughing at that one. fuckin nice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123